England - Victoria Thread

Somewhat confused by the reduced amount of unique stuff, when compared to the US.

There is nota reduced amount of unique "Stuff".

America
Unit – P51
Infrastructure – film studio
Civ Trait - Founding fathers – Short time for government legacy points
Leader trait – combat defense on home continents with the Rough riders during that era only

England
Unit – Sea dog
Infrastructure - royal dry dock
Civ trait - British Museum - Extra Artifact slots and extra archaeological units
Leader trait – Bonus fighting on other continents (or the futher away from the capital) with the Red Coats during that era only

Leader traits are specific to the area that leader ruled in. Some leader unique trait may add extra unit to it.

Is zone of control gone now?

In the video, the disembarking Red Coat gets to move diagonally adjacent with no problems. Has this already been announced and I missed it?

Did Firaxis ever clarify what a "continent" is? Does it need to be surrounded by ocean tiles? Is there a minimum land size?

If i remember right, certain landmasses are assigned a name. There can't be too many names, so i'd assume the world is roughly divided up into a few continents based on map size, and smaller islands are largely grouped into these 'continents'.

That's getting into the realms of speculation though :p

I would think that she will dislike other civs that found cities on other continents as that is something she wants to do because of the gold bonus and red coat bonus being on other continents

I remember seeing/hearing either in the Shirk interview or the live stream with Ed Beach that there was one leader who had an agenda to have the largest navy. This would seem to fit Victoria.

England has the best looking unit so far :)

I remember seeing/hearing either in the Shirk interview or the live stream with Ed Beach that there was one leader who had an agenda to have the largest navy. This would seem to fit Victoria.

I seem to remember that the "largest navy" example was a random agenda, not a historical one.

If i remember right, certain landmasses are assigned a name. There can't be too many names, so i'd assume the world is roughly divided up into a few continents based on map size, and smaller islands are largely grouped into these 'continents'.

That's getting into the realms of speculation though :p

Isn't it highly dependent on the map your playing? Continent maps may have only 3-4 definitive landmasses but a Fractal map may have many so wouldn't it reconstitute what exactly a Continent is in gameplay terminology is?

Nice spot :goodjob: We need a thread to guestimate which probable leaders might be announced in the next couple of months and when based on some critical dates like these!

Columbus set sail on August 3rd and arrived in the New World on October 7th. Two possible dates for Spain.

Isn't it highly dependent on the map your playing? Continent maps may have only 3-4 definitive landmasses but a Fractal map may have many so wouldn't it reconstitute what exactly a Continent is in gameplay terminology is?

Well we just don't know. But given they've directly acknowledged and labelled continents this time round, my assumption is for ease, they will group together bits of land, regardless of how connected, to call them continents, and that the number would vary according to map size rather than type.

Given lots of AI bonuses and agendas seem to relate to continents, this would make sense too. England's redcoats would be insanely more power on an archipelago map than a continents map otherwise: basically every bit of land that isn't your capital would provide them a bonus.

Just my musings though, i could be proved very wrong :p

Now you know why they chose to reveal Victoria today. :D

Maybe someone should look up the birthdays or coronation days of famous historical leaders and see if any are between now and Oct 21. It might give us a clue of when the next civ will be revealed. Quick! Someone look up Cleo's bday or coronation day?

Here's the painting that Victoria is modeled from. Well, except her crown.
Spoiler :

Another variation of England I'll probably never pick to play as! Lets hope Victoria wants to be friends unlike Elizabeth from Civ 5...

I'm getting proper baffled by this whole 2 UU thing. What is going on? Are there no rules that Ed Beach announces that he won't break 5 minutes later??? :confused:

I think it was Ed B himself that explained that 2 UUs is the exception. There are 3 civs that have them, that's all. So, they are not breaking the rule, they just decided to make an exception for a small number of civs.

Another variation of England I'll never want to play as! Lets hope Victoria wants to be friends unlike Elizabeth from Civ 5...

Is Victoria the queen who is famous for saying "We are not amused"? It would be funny if she said that when the player offers an unfair trade deal.

I think it was Ed B himself that explained that 2 UUs is the exception. There are 3 civs that have them, that's all. So, they are not breaking the rule, they just decided to make an exception for a small number of civs.

So does this maybe mean that America is not one of those three civs then, since its Teddy that has the second UU?

And what bonuses could Victoria bring to the table? :eek:

So many questions left unanswered today. Come of firaxis, stop teasing us!

Top Bottom