English Football thread No.3

Better than last years final

Hull made it to the Premiership, they won 1-0 against Bristol City today! :)

There's a report that Avram Grant has been sacked....

Confirmed at www.chelseafc.com, which ought to know....

Chelsea said:
Sat, 24th May 2008
Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Avram Grant has had his contract as manager terminated today (Saturday, May 24). This follows meetings over the last two days.

Everybody at Chelsea FC would like to thank Avram for his contribution since taking over as manager last September.

We will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager for Chelsea and there will be no further comment until that appointment is made.

Laudrup was/is a possibility.

Wow ... Hull City. I fear for them next season.

It will be quite interesting to see if two teams could beat Derby County's record in one seasons, as i suspect it might be close. Maybe one of them might do a Wigan but i don't think Stoke and Hull wil both stay up

It will be quite interesting to see if two teams could beat Derby County's record in one seasons, as i suspect it might be close. Maybe one of them might do a Wigan but i don't think Stoke and Hull wil both stay up

They won't. That's why it should've been Crystal Palace up there. :p

I'd like to officially say goodbye to the only (half)Polish Chelsea coach ever

Does the fact that he's Jewish disqualify is Poloniality?

does the fact that i'm only half polish disqualify me from being a pole?

You're half ethnic Pole. Avram Grant's mum was a Jew from Poland. Therefore it is questionable whether Avram Grant would actually be "Polish" at all. I was just wondering. I wasn't trying to question your Polishness, so don't go all polski sklep on me.

You're half ethnic Pole. Avram Grant's mum was a Jew from Poland. Therefore it is questionable whether Avram Grant would actually be "Polish" at all. I was just wondering. I wasn't trying to question your Polishness, so don't go all polski sklep on me.

Does the fact that he's polish/polish jew matter?

Let's go back on topic now.

has chelsea hinted on who will be the next manager yet?

Leeds :(

Another season of woe... we will lose our young talent and unless there is some cash injection I fear we will struggle to mount such a promotion challenge again :(:(:(

^^^
I think they will be good next season, just because they won't have any points deductions however if they don't go up next season, i thinks Leeds might be consigned to the lower leagues

Leeds :(

Another season of woe... we will lose our young talent and unless there is some cash injection I fear we will struggle to mount such a promotion challenge again :(:(:(

Its funny that a player from Swansea decided to join Leeds and now has to stay in league one whilst the rest of the team get to play in the championship.

Top Bottom