English Football Thread No.4

Everton are also big in Norway I think.

We need to play a friendly against the Chilean side.

EDIT: whoops, thought they were Argentinian at first ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7998204.stm

Steven Gerrard is the only non-Manchester United player in the running for the Professional Footballers' Association player of the year award.

The Liverpool captain is joined on the shortlist by United's Nemanja Vidic, Ryan Giggs, Rio Ferdinand, Cristiano Ronaldo and Edwin van der Sar.

Some nerve, to announce such a list before the season is over. Reminds me of Zidane being picked as player of the tournament during the last world cup, only to be red carded in the final.

Hey - remember when we were debating who was the best keeper amongst the big 3 ? I think the answer now is clearly "none of the above"....

The news orgs are reporting the Hughes has been reassured of his position by the owners.

You gotta wonder, are the owners mad? Hughes doesn't have the credibility to run a club with the money and ambitions these owners have. Their previous manager had much more gravitas, and was more successful with less resources. Why would they even consider keeping Hughes?

Chelsea win. Hooray!

Everton will beat you in the final however (fingers and toes crossed).

Bring it!

Got my beer already, hopefully a good game and an Everton win to follow.

Should I watch the match on the dreadful joke channel ITV or should I listen to it on R5? Or should I watch ITV with the sound down and listen to the R5 commentary on the radio?

But the commentary annoys me so.

i challenge you to learn german and watch a match on austrian public television.
only then you will truly understand what is bad commentary.

those itv guys are football experts compared to that.

I've seen some "soccer" games with US commentary does that count?

Top Bottom