Enhanced Air Warfare 4VP

Right should be something else: in my last playthrough I could use missiles without issues.

There's something that bother me: from 1.15 it seems that AIs do not use airforce at all. They build it: i see every kind of bombers, fighters, etc but no AA and no one attacks or defend.

I really do not know if realated to this mod or to the recent betas. Trying a game without EAW and testing it.

from 1.15 it seems that AIs do not use airforce at all. They build it: i see every kind of bombers, fighters, etc but no AA and no one attacks or defend.
Thx for the report.

All about air unit tactics and use are managed by the AI. Like many other mods, EAW gives new units available only.
You should make a github report.
Tests and games with VP before (1-15) shown AI using EAW units better than expected actually.

Its possible a version only for community patch, like the naval mod? I don't like use full VP (especially cbo).

Its possible a version only for community patch, like the naval mod? I don't like use full VP (especially cbo).
I do like use full VP. So I mod for full VP :crazyeye: It's even because VP that I started to mod 3 yrs ago.
When EAW wil be mature enough, at v.2 or v3, it will be possible for someone to adapt the mod for Vanilla, CP or whatever. Why not you? :)

Last edited:
if I knew how to do it, I would have done it already. Other steam moder made an "alternative" version for VP removing CBO, maybe in the future.

newmig29.png

For VP (7-1-3)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Jet Fighter, MiG29, Strategic Bomber and B-52 move to Mobile Tactics (was Telecommunication)
  • P-80 -> Jet Fighter Upgrade is now automatic and free
  • Medium Bomber can be upgraded into B-52 with 'Their Finest Hour' Tenet
  • Monoplane can be upgraded into MiG-29 with 'Air Supremacy' Tenet
  • Most of the Air Units have a new and unique sound (Experimental and under construction)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
if you're still taking requests it would be nice to see the harrier jump jet make an appearance for england - replace jet fighter maybe:)
tried downloading one off steam but it just conflicts with other mods so no dice.

if you're still taking requests
I always think about them.

And still have plans for EAW. Long term plans...
In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy 1.9 base game.

@tommytoxen
One day, you'll play EAW aboard a furious Harrier war jet :)

Last edited:
I'm going to be trying this mod out in my current game. One question I had: Aside from the strength and tech differences, is there anything unique about one line compared to another? e.g. does the Triplane > Fighter line play any differently than the Monoplane > Jet Fighter line? From a brief look in game it doesn't appear so.

I think it would be interesting if each line had a slight difference in behavior, so there was a reason to use one over the other depending on the situation. For example, if the triplane line had a different promotion than the monoplane line, making each more effective for a different specific use. I don't see an obvious distinction between the lines as they are now. However, I can imagine some different roles being applied to different lines. For example, one fighter line could be focused on Air Superiority and interception, while the other could be more useful as Strike Fighters (less malus against air to surface attacks). Perhaps the Fighter and Stealth Fighter could be given Air Targeting I, but not start with Ace Pilot I?

Something similar could be done with bombers, with a strategic bomber line focused on distance, and a tactical bomber line focused on ground support.

These are just ideas, but I'm curious how you feel about the concept in general, of distinguishing the lines a bit more.

I'm curious how you feel about the concept in general, of distinguishing the lines a bit more.
At the very beginning of the project, a distinction between lines was obvious for civplayer33 and me. We imagined and experimented many possibilities but none of them meet our expectations. We had to face 2 enormous problems:

- About balance. Difficulties in keeping B17 and Zero slightly dominant in their domains alongside new lines Air superiority and Long range.
- About AI handling. The Civ base core give us minimalist tactic capacities for Air Units. Eg: AI is unable to distinguish Attack fighter from Air Defence fighter. In Civ/VP, a UNIT_FIGHTER will remain a generic fighter whatever you do.
Actually, any kind of distinctions between lines will allow human player only to understand and play well with it. Unfortunatly.​

This is why the 2 EAW lines are filled with exactly the same VP promos. AI is not confused at all. You and AI will pick the best Air Units available and that's it.
EAW does not bring new tactical or 'real life' features.

Instead:
EAW makes air units aspect of VP much more dynamic by doubling the number of ...Air Units. Without impact on the grand total of upgrade cost :smoke:(Thanks the two interlaced lines)
EAW makes air combat aspect of VP a bit more unpredictibled because most of combats will be done with two generations of units (with small strength difference. Half)

p80Alpha.png

Last edited:
At the very beginning of the project, a distinction between lines was obvious for civplayer33 and me. We imagined and experimented many possibilities but none of them meet our expectations. We had to face 2 enormous problems:

- About balance. Difficulties in keeping B17 and Zero slightly dominant in their domains alongside new lines Air superiority and Long range.
- About AI handling. The Civ base core give us minimalist tactic capacities for Air Units. Eg: AI is unable to distinguish Attack fighter from Air Defence fighter. In Civ/VP, a UNIT_FIGHTER will remain a generic fighter whatever you do.
Actually, any kind of distinctions between lines will allow human player only to understand and play well with it. Unfortunatly.​

This is why the 2 EAW lines are filled with exactly the same VP promos. AI is not confused at all. You and AI will pick the best Air Units available and that's it.
EAW does not bring new tactical or 'real life' features.

Instead:
EAW makes air units aspect of VP much more dynamic by doubling the number of ...Air Units. Without impact on the grand total of upgrade cost :smoke:(Thanks the two interlaced lines)
EAW makes air combat aspect of VP a bit more unpredictibled because most of combats will be done with two generations of units (with small strength difference. Half)
I might experiment with it a bit on my own. If the differences between lines weren't significant, do you think minor changes to the Unit_Flavors for each unit could account for it, as far as the AI goes?

do you think minor changes to the Unit_Flavors for each unit could account for it, as far as the AI goes?
Unit_Flavors does not replace human skills. The point here is to reach the perfect balance.
Also, Unit_Flavors are already reworked. The scales are very narrow. They barely allow to take 9 new units into account. After that, there is no room really to make 2 lines of AirUnits more or less _ANTIAIR, _OFFENSE or _AIR.
The airUnit core mechanic is just simplistic.

Come on dylansan, play EAW in Massachusetts and tell us how it's like :)

Last edited:
Do all Air units require some resources (Oil/Aluminum) or only selected ones?

I have neat question about post you wrote looong time ago. Do you still plan this?

Checking if this mod is compatible with Version 1.0.
It is definitly. EAW is compatible with VP Version 7-1-3 minimum.

For some reason EAW 1.9 adds a Unique Promotion to The Guerilla Unit. Because The Guerilla is not what it was before, the feature is now a nonsense.

Here is a small patch to simply delete all about Guerilla change.
Just need to copy/past. No savegame compatible

Attachments

• patch_01 for EAW1.9.7z
    11 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Because @Asterix Rage departured, this is the last version of the mod with patch for Guerilla inside verified for VP 2.0.
No changes made or planned to be made by me.
I did it because I must do some cleanup in personal mods folder.

Attachments

• (overhaul) Enhanced Air Warfare 4VP (v 1.9 checked for 2.0 with patch).zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 551
Top Bottom