1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Asterix Rage, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

SuperNoobCamper likes this.
  2. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Finally got to give this a spin, I used it in conjunction with the Late Game War Rebalance mod, so most of my numbers feedback is there. This will be more about my feeling of the new units and such. I also used the front page download, so it looks like I used a slight older version. For example I was seeing coal for Destroyers which I really hated, but I'm hearing that is not current so ignore that:)

Artwork: In general excellent new art, I especially like the Modern Destroyer. My only issue is with the basic Destroyer, the icon wireframe for it seems a bit thin and its hard to see it sometimes. Everything else looks great.

Placement: So I got to use everything through attack subs (except battleships). Aka Basic and Modern Destroyers, Subs, Attack Subs, and Rocket Missiles. In general the progression felt smooth, nothing felt too close together, and I didn't feel that my units obsoleted too quickly. The only thing that felt a little off was seeing Attack Subs on Penicillin instead of Refrigeration. Refrigeration seems more of the "water" tech, and that would make the subs progression come a little sooner after the dreadnought, though perhaps it is your intent to keep the lines more separated.

Move after Attack? So right now The Galleases moves after attack, the Cruiser does not, and then the Dreadnought does again. Is that intended?

Rocket Missile: Even though this is a naval mod, my favorite part was the Rocket Missile. Now THAT is the guided missile I've been waiting for, its actually cheap, and gives you a reasonable RCS for its time. I had fun tossing 800 gold a turn into missiles and slamming them at a city, now that's how you throw money at a problem and make it go away! I wish you would also bump the Guided Missile stats a little more and give it the cheaper treatment as well to complete the deal.

I did notice a bug, not sure if its the base mod or the late game war rebalance, but the missile was not getting a +50% bonus against cities.

3. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

!
    ENW 1.6.0 is absolutly obsolete.

Supposed to work with 1.6.16

EDIT:
    16 levels of update...

4. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Might I suggest updating your main page then :)

InkAxis likes this.
  5. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

It's not mine!

@Infixo
    Something must be done...

6. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Ok so I got the better version and was looking over the tech tree. Yeah things definitely look a bit more polished ;)

One note off the bat. So the Rocket Missile is about half the cost of the Triplane (aka the plane tech that just proceeded it). That felt good and cheap to me in my last run.

The guided missile is only barely cheaper than a fighter...much too expensive. I think 800 hammers (double the price of the rocket missile) seems prudent. That means I can field ~2 of them instead of an equivalent mech inf unit for example. That's still pretty expensive for a human player but at least we are getting in the ballpark, at 1200 hammers I will never make them.

7. Infixo

Infixo Deity

8. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Oh yes, if I'm allowed to edit #1 and #2, It will be fine.
    ENW will remains Infixo's ENW

May I nominate ... myself? :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Infixo and adan_eslavo like this.
  9. Infixo

Infixo Deity

10. Infixo

Infixo Deity

11. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

It seems they did. They added 2 new posts at the beginning of the thread :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Infixo likes this.
  12. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Yes and thank you very much.

I'm currently busy with moreGPs. When it will be over (~12 days) I'll make a special new Infixo's ENW (v2.0) release with a nice #1 page.

@Infixo
    Do not hesitate to make comments and suggestions.

Infixo likes this.
  13. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

logo_squar_ENW300.png

Code:
    Infixo's ENW version 2
    (v.2.0)

- Destroyer and Modern Destroyer get 'Bonus Vs Submarines (33)' promotion.
    - Missile Destroyer and Advanced Destroyer get 'Bonus Vs Submarines (75)' promotion.
    - 'Bonus Vs Submarines (x)' promotion cannot be chosen anymore in the promotions Tree.
    - Changes in the Promotions Tree : 'Can see submarines' promotion is moved to tier 2
    - Cost of some Units are slightly changed (More linear in the Tech Tree)
    - Supercarrier get sun rays in its icon !
    - Hull Upgrade I/II/III Promotions are renamed: Hull I/II/III
    ENW is now called Infixo's Enhance Naval Warfare Version 2

DOWNLOAD

@azum4roll
    Thanks to you for the sql lines about changes in the Tech Tree. I would spent days to do it otherwise.
    I was tempted to integrate a softer of PROMOTION_HEAVY_FIRE you introduce in Lategame War Rebalance. Actually, I didn't because it breaks the full and universal compatibility of ENW with all existing and future VPmodmods.
    ('UNITCLASS_range unit' in UnitPromotions_UnitClasses and 'UNIT_melee unit' in Unit_FreePromotions) All of them must be listed individually.
    Feel free to suggest even more good ideas like that anyway :cool:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  14. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Yeah it's unfortunate that there's no way to make a promotion that provides a ranged attack bonus against all melee ships without listing them all.

15. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

2.0.01.png

ENW 2.0.01 is for VP (3-2)

A change in VP(3-2) about Destroyers move breaks ENW 2.0
    Code:
    ENW 2.0.01
    - Modern Destroyer moves 5 tiles now (was 6)

If you have started already a game VP(3-2) + ENW 2.0, you can make a fix manually if Industrial Era is not reached :

\MODS\Infixo's Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi (v 2.0)\ENW_Units.sql
    Line 206:
    Code:
    -- Modern Destroyer change
    UPDATE Units SET Combat = 80, Cost = 1900, FaithCost = 1160, Moves = 5 WHERE Type = 'UNIT_DESTROYER';

and delete cache

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  16. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Possible bug, my sea beggars are still buildable even though I have moved past ironclads and into destroyers.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-3-5_1-36-38.png

17. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Likely affects SotL too, then.

18. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Thx for the report.
    You are wright. I moved Destroyer in the tech tree without taking account of England and Netherland UUs.

19. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

2.0.02.png
    Code:
    ENW 2.0.02

Fix:
    - Sea Beggar obsolete at Radio (when Destroyer is available)
    - Ship of the Line obsolete at Radio (when Dreadnought is available)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  20. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

The front page looks really professional and spiffy, it gives a great summary of all the changes and what you have been doing.

The more I've been playing, the more I've been enjoying the naval changes. I have been mainly playing with the late game war rebalance on, this next few games I'm going to turn that off so I can give feedback on your units as is without additional changes.

vyyt likes this.