1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Infixo, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

I made them and I made my best ... to have each icons the exact copy of the models picked by infixo. (exept missiles)
    You are right, they do not look like Civ5 icons. I'll try to rework them maybe one day. Or maybe you ?:)

Really? I'll see about that...

At least, it is very recognizable. Do you have a better model to suggest?

I share with you this idea. Missile Destroyer is powerful and should require 1x Iron or 1x Alu.
    I made it strategic ressource free because Destroyer in VP is strategic ressource free !

I still don't know if it's a good idea or not.
    I'd like to have more comments about that before to make a change.

EDIT : I am not the author of ENW. Infixo is
    I'm just trying to keep it up to date with the help of others (civplayer33, ProCatGamer)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Missile Destroyer's are fine. Can't say much. For me this mod is very balanced and solid :thumbsup:
    Good that after Infixo mod is still up to date and give us happy :)

3. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Sorry, I didn't mean to underline your work for the good of this mod. Just expressed my honest opinion. No hard feelings, man.

Thank you. I will continue my search for any tooltip mistakes and will leave more feedback later.

I found this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419206661
    All models from this mod are available for use. There are so many options to choose from.

It's quite confusing. Destroyers in ENW and VP are almost identical. But in ENW there is one more upgrade for ranged battleship line, making them competitive in late game.
    So I'm more confused about why Destroyers don't require any resource in VP while weaker Battleships require Iron.

Regarding ENW Destroyer: I think 1 Aluminum requirement is too much. Aluminum, oil and Uranium are too valuable in the late game. While Iron is used only for artillery and Battleships. So we can use Iron.

EDIT: I just realised that Kirov battlecruiser model has been taken from Advanced Naval Units mod. My bad. But still it looks like unfinished piece, hope there is another alternative some day.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  4. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I felt the same, so I added a little more texture to the Kirov model (I am no graphic designer, but I think it looks more "finished" as you say):

You can download it here:
    http://www.civ.spisek.cz/kirov.zip

Just unzip and overwrite all files in MissileDestroyer/Model/
    (after making a backup of the files of course)

Erikose, adan_eslavo and civplayer33 like this.
  5. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Wow ! Magnificent. Thank u

It will be in the next version very soon (maybe today)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    vyyt and adan_eslavo like this.
  6. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Thank YOU, I will be honored ;-)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  7. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Wow, thank you so much for this! It looks great!

I have found a model of this ship from a different game, but I assume it's way more complicated to port it in Civ.

vyyt likes this.
  8. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

UPDATE ENW (v 1.6.11)
    Compatible with VP (1-11) (Jan 11th 2020)

Code:
    FIXES:

- SV Flag icons display ( was blank )
    - Dreadnought is now obsolete at Nuclear Fission Tech ( when Battleship is available )
    - Missile Cruiser Civilopedia description. ( Reported by BliTTzZ )

CHANGES:

Modern Destroyer
      - Loses "Withdraw before melee" Promotion.
      - "Bonus Vs Submarine (33)" Promotion is now lost with upgrade.
        That is to prevent upgraded Missile Destroyers with "Bonus Vs Submarine (33)" + "Bonus Vs Submarine (75)"

Attack Submarine
      - Gets "Withdraw before melee" Promotion ( like Nuclear submarine )
    Nuclear Submarine
      - Gets "Light Cover" promotion ( +15 defence against range attack )

NEW:

- Beautiful Missile Cruiser reskin made by yyyt. ( see below )

A new Unit in ENW!
    - Missile Destroyers can be upgraded in Advanced Destroyers at Nanotechnology Tech. ( see below )

Options
    - A new file "ENW_OPTIONS.sql" allows to change easily the Strategic Resources consumed by endgame Naval Units.

1.6.11 is more than a simple update. In few words:

- It makes Attack and Nuclear Subs a bit less weak against surface ships attacks.
    - It solves the controversial use of the Kirov model. Thanks to vyyt
    - It closes the endless debat about Iron, Alu or nothing consumed by endgame Naval Units. Thanks to ENW_OPTIONS.sql
    - It makes you even prouder with the new Advanced Destroya that will kill everything at the end.

Enjoy...

nu.png

Advanced Destroyer details:
    advDestro.png
    New Promotion:
    new PI.png

EDIT: Feel free to suggest a better english for the Advanced Destroyer in civilopedia

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  9. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

UPDATE ENW (v 1.6.12)
    Compatible with VP (1-11), (2-9), (2-18), (3-1) and (3-15)

Code:
    - Missile Cruiser Civilopedia description. (was still wrong!)

- "Can carry 1 cargo" Promotion is now lost with upgrade.
      That is to prevent upgraded Nuclear Submarine with "Can carry 1 cargo" + "Can carry 2 cargo"

- Strategic View Flag Icons entirely reworked (Looks good now)

- New and final Flag Icon for the new Advanced Destroyer

ADflag.png

ENW (v1.6.12.1) :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    vyyt, adan_eslavo and civplayer33 like this.
  10. Padre19

Padre19 Warlord

Unit_AdvDestroyer.sql line 93.
    should be unitclass instead of unit ('UNITCLASS_ADVANCED_DESTROYER')

Asterix Rage likes this.
  11. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Oh yes! Thx for the report

Fix included in ENW (v1.6.12.1) above

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  12. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Does your changes to existing in VP promotions do not break other default units? Would be good to make totally new promotions.

Also now it breaks Promotion Overhaul which is at last :) compatible with VP. :/

13. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

The only promotion changes are :
    - "Bonus Vs Submarine (33)" and "Can carry 1 cargo" are now lost with upgrade.
    It doesn't break anything. Let me know otherwise.

-"Light Cover" is a new ENW Promotion.

14. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Ok. If there's new promo then I will try to make compatibility update later on.

15. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

I was thinking about making all units more specialized and more distinctive from one another.
    Tell me what you guys think.

1. Destroyers
    I think Destroyer's role is primarily to hunt submarines. Secondary roles would be providing short range air defense and ranged firepower (onboard missiles).
    Also I think there is no need in another upgrade for Destroyer line. It makes them even more powerful and spammable.
    What I propose:
    - great detection range and CS bonuses against submarines remain the same
    - interception is reduced from 4 to 2 or 1 even tile radius
    - reduce missile cargo capacity to 2
    - add resource requirement (perhaps coal or oil?)

2. Submarines
    Submarines are Skirmishers of the sea. But I was thinking how would gameplay change if the only units that can attack them are Destroyers and Cruisers? For compensation CS can be lowered, so they will be destroyed quickly by Destroyers (no pun intended) if caught off guard.

3. Cruisers
    Cruisers are the epitome of ranged firepower and great air defense. While their anti submarine tools are very basic.
    - very short detection range and small CS bonus against submarines
    - while interception strength is equal or less than of the Destroyer, interception radius is much greater, for example 4
    - can carry more missiles, 3 or 4

4. Super Carriers
    I don't think Super Carriers should be a unit with limit. So I think it should be removed, but some stats should be tweaked in return.
    - no ranged attacks, air power is carrier's primary strength. In fact I think it shouldn't be able to melee attack either
    - no CS and detection promotions against Submarines, leave it to Destroyers and to lesser extent Cruisers
    - it's interception capabilities should be weakest of all ships, leave it to Cruisers and to lesser extent Destroyers
    - if you really want to make this ship feel like a big investment, hammer production costs could be increased
    - to compensate for nerfs Armor Plating promotion can be added

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  16. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Thx for your comments and suggestions

First of all you have to be aware that ENW is a great MOD because AI's algorithms are able to deal with all of its features.
    As long the news Naval Units added in ENW will be just a stronger copy of existing Naval Units in VP, the result will be at its best. From the very beginning of ENW, when I tried (like you are suggesting) to make Units more distinctive, the result was always a poor AI handling.
    One of the best aspect of VP is the AI improvement coming with it. What the point if a Modmod kill it?

Most importantly, ENW is at its maintenance phase. Over all, I want to keep the original spirit of this gorgeous MOD intact.

No need for most of player who end the game long before the end of the tech tree. This new Advanced Destroyer is a little gift for those who like to play hardcore CV on Huge/Marathon.

ENW_OPTIONS.sql is made for you ! So download Notepad2 and have a look at it.

You are right, in RL a Carrier never take part to a combat directly. But in the small world of Civ5, a Unit with 0CS and 0RCS is seen as ... a Civilian Unit :eek:
    Also, CS/RCS allows to get XP and ...Armor Plating promotion.

EDIT: More options in ENW_OPTIONS.sql will be available at the next version

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    vyyt and civplayer33 like this.
  17. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Of course. It it totally understandable. But to be honest what I propose has little to do with how AI handles their military units. It does not consider interception range and does not use guided missiles at all, so these parameters won't make any difference for it. The rest remains almost the same, but these changes add some flavor in my opinion. The only thing that could have affected it is allowing Submarines to be attacked only by other Submarines, Destroyers and Cruisers. But it can be skipped also.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I didn't mean to lower CS/RCS down to zero. But from what I've seen it's possible to make a unit with CS only that won't be able to attack in melee. By using "May not melee attack" promotion. So it will be a really tanky ship, but without offensive abilities.

In my game enemy's Jet Fighter intercepted my guided missile and was killed by it. Intended? :eek:

18. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Possibly a desperate and patriotic act of bravery by an already very seriously damaged Jet.

vyyt likes this.
  19. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I did not like the model of the Z class WWII destroyer much either, so I replaced it with Danrell's Fletcher class destroyer and slightly pimped up the textures.

You can download the files here:

http://www.civ.spisek.cz/Fletcher.zip

If you want to use the new model only on your local machine, just drop the files in the ENW's Destroyer/Model/ folder and change the line 149 in ENW_Units.sql to:

Spoiler :

UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos SET Model = 'Fletcher_Class.fxsxml', Scale = 0.10 WHERE Type = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_DESTROYER';

@Asterix_Rage, if you would like to include it in ENW, then these are the md5s to go to the modinfo file:

Spoiler :

<File md5="D4439C24C6E226367873674369887599" import="1">Art/Fletcher_Class.dds</File>
    <File md5="EC66C0C84D415EE8217859563828C35A" import="1">Art/Fletcher_Class.fxsxml</File>
    <File md5="2EB322D16709B9C051542B24AB6414F7" import="1">Art/Fletcher_Class.gr2</File>
    <File md5="4845F45754161592F1C70C0F3FED1F58" import="1">Art/Fletcher_Class_gloss.dds</File>

Enjoy!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  20. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Don't you think it looks like a damaged Detroyer ?