1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced trade routes to friends

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by GodDamnItAlexander, Aug 13, 2017.

1. GodDamnItAlexander

GodDamnItAlexander Warlord

In WW1 the US sent food to Britain while the Germans were trying to starve them out (which eventually was one of the reasons that led to America getting involved in the war). Any chance a mechanic can be implemented which allows trade routes to send food (and maybe production) between Civs which have a DoF?
    Also what if those trade routes are considered to be owned by both Civs? What I mean is if Civ A is warring with Civ B, and Civ B has a DoF with Civ C, then food trade routes sent by Civ C to Civ B are considered to be owned by Civ B (as well as of course C), which then means that Civ A can plunder those trade routes sent by Civ C without actually DoWing him.
    Should make late game diplomacy even more interesting. Thoughts?

2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Any civilization in the same Team can send internal trade routes to each other(being prohibited of sending external trade routes to each other)

3. Dawnpromise

Dawnpromise Prince

On a related note I think a DoF should enhance trade routes for both sides. If two civs are on friendly terms with each other that should encourage trade between them.

EDIT: At the very least it should be comparable to the bonus you get for trading to friendly/allied City States.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Bromar1 likes this.
  4. GodDamnItAlexander

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

6. GodDamnItAlexander

:(
    Can I know why? AI can't handle it?

7. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Much more likely because it's a quirky wrinkle that would be a pain in the ass to code.

ElliotS and Gazebo like this.
  8. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Also, I was under the impression that we were feature-complete.

This would be a cool mod-mod though.

Gazebo likes this.
  9. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

It is an unnecessary complication of the trade system. We're not adding features for the sake of features any more. Only changes of late have been bug fixes and changes related to balance or AI quirks.

G

10. GodDamnItAlexander

Oh ok. I can't code, so I'll just stick to being the lazy guy who comes up with the occasional idea.

11. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Be bold. The code exists. You'd mostly be copying, and I'm certain people would play it in vanilla too.

wobuffet likes this.