Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Has anyone seen this? It's reproducable for me and only happens when I have this UI installed, deleting the DLC fixes the bug!

I have to admit, I'm using communitas (full package) and global relations as well.

If you don't know what I mean from the screenshot:

- City states don't appear in the list (I have met more than 15)
- Relationship bar is buggy (but the game tracks relations correctly)
- Diplomacy window is compressed

Attachments

• UI Error 3.jpg
    UI Error 3.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 839
Thx for the reply.
Thalassicus, the head modder behind Communitas, is using this UI on his machine without gamebreaking issues, so it seems like the problem is solveable.

Apart from that, I was curious if anyone without CEG experienced this.

When entering city screen, there is some lag as compared to the base game
it becomes a real nuisance to enter the city
I may have found the issue - there was a race condition between two events, which led to the screen not being updated upon entry. Edit: try version 1.11 which includes a fix. Please report if it does or does not fix the issue, thanks.

I may have found the issue - there was a race condition between two events, which led to the screen not being updated upon entry. Try the attached CityView.lua, replace existing file in [game DLC folder]\UI_bc1\UI\CityView. Please report if it does or does not fix the issue, thanks.

Seems faster to me.

Hey,

I have the same problem as you.
I entered a war with a CS and now i can't make peace. Diplomacy window is bugged too, as well as city states.
I don't use all the package, only Communitas map and AI, not GEM nor UI.

I don't see anything in my lua.log, but i may have the wrong file...

Thx for the reply.
Thalassicus, the head modder behind Communitas, is using this UI on his machine without gamebreaking issues, so it seems like the problem is solveable.

Apart from that, I was curious if anyone without CEG experienced this.

I'm doing some testing right now and it seems the problem is NOT communitas-specific. Could you test it in normal single player as well?

I'll have a lua.log up soon, just got some RL stuff to solve before.

Right, the error happens even without any other mods! This is from a new game I started without mods (Choosing "single player" instead of "mods" from the main menu).

Screen AND lua.log attached!
Spoiler :

Attachments

• UI Bug 4.jpg
    UI Bug 4.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 891
  • Lua.7z
    12.9 KB · Views: 121
Wait, I'm a fool! The above screen is without any mod, not even your dlc!

I uninstalled it before, and I'm in a normal single player game, where other mods should not be able to interfere???

Is this a vanilla issue or could it be a leftover from previously installed mods?

Wait, I'm a fool! The above screen is without any mod, not even your dlc!

I uninstalled it before, and I'm in a normal single player game, where other mods should not be able to interfere???

Is this a vanilla issue or could it be a leftover from previously installed mods?
Did you clear the cache?

@bc1, I'll try the enhanced city view files later this evening and report back to you.

Sometimes the issue could be nothing more than a corrupted game file, validate your game cache and clean out your game save cache (cache folder in My Games).

I had cleaned both the "cache" and "ModUserData" folder and had used Steam to validate the game data. Anything else I should do?

"1 file cannot be validated and will be reaquired" STeam told me, BTW, but it changed nothing.

I had the error a few days ago as well and reinstalled civ. The problem also persists across multiple newly created maps/games.

Delete the UI folders in the game asset folder, and also those in the expansion DLC folders. Then do a file integrity check to re-download. The problem may be that steam is able to fix missing or corrupt files, but not remove extra files which may be creating problems.
Had this issue myself when upgrading to BNW, found out the hard way :lol:

bc1, a quick test run on a game very much in progress shows me I can even cycle through cities again using your adjusted cityview file. That was something I ather didn't do before.

Great news! This kind of issue is difficult to diagnose (had to code analyse the entire file) so i am glad this is fixed.
I bet it is! Also, removing ToolTips solved my broken tech tree. Just as you suggested.

Top Bottom