1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta42

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. Matty R

Matty R Veteran Newbie

Ohhhhhhhh! Okay then. Thanks for the info. :)

2. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

There is no way to purchase a building which is currently in queue,while it's possible in vanilla interface. For Venice it can be a deal breaker.

3. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Stop production of it and then buy it.

4. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

I'd like to see you stopping production in puppets.

5. Dushku

Dushku Prince

It's amazing how confident people can be that there isn't a possibility they could be wrong. You cannot buy things in puppets because that's what puppet means: no direct control. This has nothing to do with EUI.

6. Ayubalugu

Ayubalugu Chieftain

Strigvir is talking about Venice, which has the UA of being able to purchase in the puppet cities. I think he is trying to say that EUI somehow prevents that UA from working in the specific case of the purchase of something that the puppet city had already started producing. I am also guessing that without EUI, you are able to do this as Venice.

7. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Stalin and Starlight, Stalling a Stallion

What to do about the annoying button on the minimap when playing with InfoAddict? Will this be fixed in the next version?

8. balparmak

balparmak Warlord

Is it possible to include whoward's Condensed Promotions as default? It is outdated now and not compatible with latest eui. I think it suits the aims&features of the mod pretty well.

9. shaka444

shaka444 Chieftain

I hope so, for get rid of that bug i had to put 1.26 version :(

10. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Next time try to read sentences completely.
    Vanilla interface has separate purchase and building menus, so there is no issue. EUI however changes this behaviour, which goes past the "interface-only" changes and alters the gameplay.

11. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Sorry, but communication is the responsibility of the communicator.

This is the entire quote. It says "Here's a condition that's generally problematic. Here's a specific instance within that which is a deal breaker." You are a human. You have the capacity for error. If all you wanted to talk about was Venice, there's less ambiguous ways of accomplishing this.

I don't usually play Venice, but I did once and EUI was in place. I don't recall having any issues. Normally I'd fire the game up and test it out for my own information's sake as well as helping others. Since you're such a kind and realistic fellow though, I can't seem to be bothered.

12. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Stalin and Starlight, Stalling a Stallion

Strigvir's original statement was perfectly understandable.There is no shame in admitting you made a mistake and overlooked a critical part of their post, but there is plenty of making yourself look like a condescending douche in your attempt at deflecting blame at Strigvir for your own misunderstanding.

13. Lynnes

Lynnes King

I'd also love to see an option to buy buildings that are in the construction queue, especially when playing with whoward's Global - Pro-rata Buildings Purchase (buildings are getting cheaper when you already built a part of them through production).
    At the moment you have to cancel them before you even know how much it would cost to finish them.

And this!

14. lsoderman

lsoderman Chieftain

So, I'm trying to get the EUI DLC working on a Linux machine. Placed the DLC files for the mod in the DLC directory, but it doesn't recognize the DLC. I'm kinda at a loss.

I've searched a ton, but can't find an answer - any help?

15. Jarhon

Jarhon Chieftain

Where can I download older versions? The newest seem to conflict with info addict, adding awkward "check infoaddict" button middle of minimap as many have reported.

And I also dont like the unitframe going horizontal instead of vertical, which was not an issue in earlier versions it seems

16. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Edit Info Addict's .modinfo file to replace "InGameUIAddin" with "DiplomacyUIAddin".

I've already shared a link to 1.26 (think it was on page 102). I don't think this is before the horizontal unit action icons, but whether those are vertical or horizontal doesn't matter.

17. shaka444

shaka444 Chieftain

And where is exactly this "modinfo" file? i cant find it :sad:

18. max_gradient

max_gradient Chieftain

Hi all!

Is there any possibility to have the tile yields display next to the minimap (like vanilla) instead of the tooltips right next to the cursor?

I dont like the mouseover tooltips, and would much rather prefer to always see the tile yield of the tile under the mouse cursor in the corner of the screen.

Also prepared to dig into the lua if necessary to modify this - thanks for any hints :)

19. Dushku

Dushku Prince

20. Novalia

Novalia Prince

is there some bug you're aware of with this mod and the mongol scenario? i dusted off that scenario and found that there is no unit information on the bottom left... its just completely blank.