Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I'll have a look tomorrow with an empty cache.

Tested the new version of Cityview.lua.

Overall, seems better to me. I am not sure if there is still room for improvement, but even if there is, the new version is at the least very much acceptable given all the extra information that the mod provides.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to share the find with Thalassicus, the last time I checked he was having the same problem with GEM/CEP, don't know if he managed to fix it, but it may be due to similar reasons, and your "cure" may well be his cure.

Another topic related to City banner: can I request that the tile coloring representing the worked tiles be "optional"? As in ALT-keyable: when we want to see the overlay, we press ALT and mouse over the city banner. If ALT is not pressed, the overlay is not shown. I think CEP has that system, and works well. The "permanent" overlay is a bit intrusive some times.

Oh, another mini-bug: whenever a new technology is researched, and we pick the next one, the left top corner popup goes back to "show Technology", even if we set it to "show nothing". It should stay in that state even after researching a tech.

When do you plan to release the newest version? Can you add the ALT-keyable banner before release, if possible?

Thanks again for a very good mod.

Version 1.11 (January 8th, 2013)

Wait, so you found an actual reason for my bug and solved it already? Great! Thx!!! Have to try it!

EDIT: Sadly, the problem persists. I'll reinstall civ5 and see if that changes anything. And yes, i've manuall deleted most remaining folders., especially mod folders.

On second revision, the city view is still a little laggy as compared to the base game. Better, but still noticeable.

Yes, I redownloaded when you told me so.

I have a core i7, 8Gb RAM, Geforce 650GT, Samsung 840 evo SSD, Win 8.1, 1920x1200 resolution, playing directx11 version without touch.

Here is a log from a game with communitas installed, everything works AFAIK except for the weird yield numbers I talked about initially.

And BTW, no noticeable lag for me, but it might be the SSD. Diablo 3 was unplayable without it!

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 116
bc1, I cheated and replaced my old version with v1.11 as you seem to have fixed the tech tree porblem. And you have for me, great job :).

This works perfectly with this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518556 (DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods)

I´ll soon try CEP with 1.11 and report it back, but I can tell I did some tests with 1.10 and log showed no error despite I had multiple bugs already reported before. I tried manually patching as Thala said to fix weird yield, syntax-checked with a lua IDE and plot tips disappear after checking tileyields with Contain as Thala suggested.

Hi!

First of all - great mod! It really helps with all those additions so player finds informations quick.

However, here are some observations:

1. Try this: in city view under production choose research (blue icon), exit from city view and enter again. If you have "show queue" checked, you can't switch to something else (I believe the same is with wealth/games/fair). Tried with and without your mod, without there isn't problem. However - you can solve this with unchecking mentioned queue checkmark or entering city production queue through economic city view (F2). BTW, tested with use of InfoAddict.

2. It's only me or all other player also too easily overlook new resources messages? I mean when you research new technology and are new resources available in your empire. I think without this mod I didn't overlooked them, it could be good that here will be also so.

3. Is it possible to improve or make from schratch filter/finder of resources in your empire/whole world? Right now there isn't easy to find some particular resource withour manually checking whole world.

4. I miss some note when you obtain some new resource via cultiral expansion of your border.

5. In features for this mod there is this one: "CityBanners: city banner mouseover shows resources within city plots - red not hooked up, green hooked up." Is this still valid?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Borut

2. It's only me or all other player also too easily overlook new resources messages? I mean when you research new technology and are new resources available in your empire. I think without this mod I didn't overlooked them, it could be good that here will be also so.

Not really. With or without the mod never really had issues keeping up with them. I always check them individually and react as I check them.

3. Is it possible to improve or make from schratch filter/finder of resources in your empire/whole world? Right now there isn't easy to find some particular resource withour manually checking whole world.

Strategic View makes that a bit easier, but checking the whole world is the only way I've ever known to do it.

4. I miss some note when you obtain some new resource via cultiral expansion of your border.

Never was one. Wasn't even a cultural expansion notification without UI mods.

5. In features for this mod there is this one: "CityBanners: city banner mouseover shows resources within city plots - red not hooked up, green hooked up." Is this still valid?

Yes, unless you have some other mod that overwrites CityBanner. It's working fine in my current game with bc1's latest (1.11) EUI.

Never was one. Wasn't even a cultural expansion notification without UI mods.

Well, I meant that it could be good to be some notification in UI mod when that happened.

Yes, unless you have some other mod that overwrites CityBanner. It's working fine in my current game with bc1's latest (1.11) EUI.

As I said, I use InfoAddict. Have to test without it.

Regards,...

Top Bottom