Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

please RTFM, your lua.log indicates EUI in the wrong folder

Manual: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC
Mine: See attachment.

How do you explain that? I mean, I see that the log says it's the wrong folder, but it's clearly not. :(

Attachments

• Wrong Folder I guess.png
    Wrong Folder I guess.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 301
Manual: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC
Mine: See attachment.
How do you explain that? I mean, I see that the log says it's the wrong folder, but it's clearly not. :(
there can only be one EUI folder in the entire ...\sid meier's civilization v\ folder tree, and it must be in the correct location

Originally Posted by bc1
it looks great but it's way too big: could you please make another one exactly half the size of NotificationGoldenAge.dds (40x40) ?

Sure... comin' right up later this afternoon! ;)

See below -- i've also added the glow version of it just in case you'll need to use that one too. I kept the initial 48x48 ratio, btw -- hope you won't mind since the 40x40 (suggested afterward) isn't exactly calibrated with the other buttons up there!

Attachments

• EUI-New_notificationgoldenage+glow(48).zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 238
  • notificationgoldenage(48).png
    notificationgoldenage(48).png
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,022
  • notificationgoldenageglow(48).png
    notificationgoldenageglow(48).png
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,010
Love it! I never realized how much the UI could be improved!

One issue though:

Direct link to imgur: http://i.imgur.com/xa6g6Rw.jpg

This happens on every leader. It doesn't affect gameplay but it just looks weird.

Using Complete Pack on PC with no mods version: 1.0.3.279

This happens on every leader. It doesn't affect gameplay but it just looks weird
it's a compromise fit for very small screens
Sure... comin' right up later this afternoon! ;)
See below -- i've also added the glow version of it just in case you'll need to use that one too. I kept the initial 48x48 ratio, btw -- hope you won't mind since the 40x40 (suggested afterward) isn't exactly calibrated with the other buttons up there!
Thanks ! Included in EUI 1.26e (uploaded)

Is there a way to turn off the setting in cityview that shows how much gold you need? I just don't want to delete the entire cityview folder since I love all of the other improvements

Also, is there something I can do about the loading screen leader bug (other than get a larger monitor)

Anyone else have the problem with this making your game slower? After I do a trade with a civ it takes much longer to get back to the main screen. The AI civs turns are much longer. Like double the length. And some of my units are a little slower when moving (ships).

Is there a way to turn off the full screen dawn of man when you start a new game? Almost every time I play it's messed up for me with either low texture leader portraits or text where it shouldn't be. Thanks.

bc1,

Did you change how EUI refreshes its cached data after loading mods? The Civilopedia, tech tree, and tooltips are not matching up with the database in games with modded data (such as prereq. techs).

Update: the greatpeople icon caching is the culprit. I removed it all from the code and units in the tech tree/civilopedia now function appropriately.

G

Some of the Pick'N'Mix-mods that add new buttons to the UI just get this generic icon.
What would I have to do to add a custom .dds icon for each button instead?
Thank you!
see post #1574
Is there a way to turn off the setting in cityview that shows how much gold you need? I just don't want to delete the entire cityview folder since I love all of the other improvements
modify "CityView.lua"
Also, is there something I can do about the loading screen leader bug (other than get a larger monitor)
Is there a way to turn off the full screen dawn of man when you start a new game? Almost every time I play it's messed up for me with either low texture leader portraits or text where it shouldn't be. Thanks.
remove "GameSetup" folder
bc1,
Did you change how EUI refreshes its cached data after loading mods? The Civilopedia, tech tree, and tooltips are not matching up with the database in games with modded data (such as prereq. techs).
Update: the greatpeople icon caching is the culprit. I removed it all from the code and units in the tech tree/civilopedia now function appropriately.
G
lua.log ?

lua.log ?

I'll post later if you want, but there were no errors in it while I was debugging. The gameinfocache initialization related to great people icons is the culprit, as removing all code associated with that (and going back to the plain icons for great people) immediately solved the problem. Since the only element that messes up are units (unit tooltips, unit locations in the tech tree, civilopedia entries for units, etc.), this aligns with my solution.

Keep in mind that I tested this using just the CP, CBP and your 1.27e EUI, so this isn't a bug in the EUI edits I make for CBP. The bug was present in both versions (my edited one and your 1.27e) until I removed those cache changes, at which point both versions worked.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
G

1.27f doesn't seem to have fixed the problem that Gazebo mentioned that modded Civilopedia entries, tooltips etc... are not being shown correctly.

that's to be expected: after reviewing the great people index LUA code for bugs, I found none but added a tiny edit to protect v1.27f from buggy XML
v1.27f does nothing about compatibility with CBP, which as stated many times before is not supported by "official" EUI
the symptoms reported are diffcult to understand: amongst other things EUI does not change civilopedia
just as strange as the food icon bug when using EUI + Whoward's DLL (which is currently worked around, not fixed)
it seems as if game database access breaks down, like if there was some kind of memory overflow, and I am not willing to waste my time investigating this

I don't think it's anything we can control, as it appears to be a weirdness in the way the GameInfo database cache is cleared/reloaded between the switch from non-modded to modded setups (we know Firaxis changed how this operates a few patches ago as the new approach broke several features of Really Advanced Setup)

Without EUI
Code:
[ Lua State = YieldIconManager ]
> GameInfo.Yields[1].ImageTexture
 YieldAtlas.dds
> for row in DB.Query("SELECT ImageTexture FROM Yields WHERE ID=1") do print(row.ImageTexture) end
 YieldIconManager: YieldAtlas.dds

With EUI
Code:
[ Lua State = YieldIconManager ]
> GameInfo.Yields[1].ImageTexture
 YieldIconManager: _cmdr = {GameInfo.Yields[1].ImageTexture}:1:  [COLOR="Red"]Cannot find key - ImageTexture
[/COLOR]> for row in DB.Query("SELECT ImageTexture FROM Yields WHERE ID=1") do print(row.ImageTexture) end
 YieldIconManager: YieldAtlas.dds

That looks very much like the Yields table got cached before the database was altered by the mod and then the game core (within the .exe or DB .dll) didn't bother to flush the cache for that table as the mods were loaded - probably because Firaxis have made assumptions about what tables are used (and hence cached) before the non-mod/mod switch and so only flush those.

that's to be expected: after reviewing the great people index LUA code for bugs, I found none but added a tiny edit to protect v1.27f from buggy XML
v1.27f does nothing about compatibility with CBP, which as stated many times before is not supported by "official" EUI
the symptoms reported are diffcult to understand: amongst other things EUI does not change civilopedia
just as strange as the food icon bug when using EUI + Whoward's DLL (which is currently worked around, not fixed)
it seems as if game database access breaks down, like if there was some kind of memory overflow, and I am not willing to waste my time investigating this

Just to be clear, this isn't a simple "CBP is not supported" situation. Players that use EUI and mods that alter existing units will most likely break as a result of the cached element. It may not be ideal, but reverting that cache element (and going back to the former model) is likely your best bet, especially in the interest of maintaining compatibility with lots of mods. I tested both your 'official' EUI and my edited EUI alongside some unit-altering mods (CBP and others), and none worked properly until I removed that cached element.

Your call of course, but adding elements to EUI that make it harder to achieve full compatibility with mods is just going to create headaches for you, and headaches for modders.

G

I don't think it's anything we can control, as it appears to be a weirdness in the way the GameInfo database cache is cleared/reloaded
The game caches GameInfo.XXX data when GameInfo.XXX is first used, but does NOT update it if a mod is loaded afterwards. So I simply changed the GameInfo statement EUI makes before loading mods to a DB.Query.

Is there a way of moving the diplo list to the left side of the screen? I don't use the city and unit list interface so the left side is empty while at the same time the right side of the screen is super cluttered with the diplo list and the notifications.

Top Bottom