1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta44

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. John_

John_ Chieftain

2. Meteorz

Meteorz Chieftain

Hey there, I love the interface Just one bug to report (not sure if it's just me).

Game version: 1.0.3.279
    Game expansion/DLC: Both (GK,BNW)
    PC/MAC: PC (Windows 10)

Description:

Every time a worker has finished working a tile, it shows the icon in the interface (i.e. Farm, mine, plantation). For example, if there's a hill that I can build a mine on, I'd put my worker on it to do the job. After he's done doing building it, it would show the mine icon in the bottom left. I can mouse over it and it would display the value (+1 whatever), just like how it is before you build you start building the structure. Not only does it show up again, it has a green opaque background to it.

Sorry if this doesn't sound clear to you. Picture explains it better.

Happens no matter how I'm playing the game. With or without mods. Tried messing with options. Verified game cache through Steam. Reinstalled your interface. Tried the beta. Nothing works.

Provided you with the screenshot, civ 5 save (simply started a new game, made a worker, and had him build a farm, and saved the game after it was done being built), and of course the Lua.log. Hoping for your guidance! :)

Attached Files:

3. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

The green background fills when the worker is building the improvement so full green = improvement finished.

I wouldn't call this a "bug". At most a minor cosmetic annoyance (ideally the icon would not show at all once the improvement is built). I never noticed this myself but maybe i didn't pay attention.
    What happens if you click this icon? If you can click it and the worker tries to build the improvement again, than it would be a "bug"

4. bc1

bc1

Thanks for your detailed report
    This is actually an EUI feature supported by dedicated code in its UnitPanel module
    The idea is to *help* avoid unintended builds, e.g. replacing that river side hill farm with a mine
    It's a workaround for game graphics bugginess (the completed improvement sometimes does not show up) and/or difficulty to distinguish improvements on screen.

the button is disabled and not clickable

Cheers

5. Meteorz

Meteorz Chieftain

Ahhh, I had no idea. I can see why it would be relevant now. Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. :beer:

P.S. It'd be nice if you could make it more aesthetically pleasing when you have the time.. Just doesn't blend in well with the other buttons I guess. That's me personally speaking ofc haha

6. psparky

psparky Prince

Spoiler :

Replace:

instance.GoldButton:SetText( (cash>=goldCost and goldCost or "[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]"..(goldCost-cash).."[ENDCOLOR]") .. g_currencyIcon )

with:

instance.GoldButton:SetText( (cash>=goldCost and goldCost or "[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]"..goldCost.."[ENDCOLOR]") .. g_currencyIcon )

Basically replace (goldCost-cash) with goldCost. Make the equivalent change for faith a few lines below.

7. Taurus

Taurus Chieftain

Hi!

Is it possible that with latest version of EUI (v1.27g) isn't possible liberation of city which was captured by some other player? It was possible with version middle of November, I did it. But now there is no option when capturing the city... :confused:

Regards,
    Sorxus

8. bc1

bc1

:confused: the liberate popup is not modified by EUI
    You could try deleting line 2530 "Network.SendUpdateCityCitizens( cityID )" from CityView.lua, it might cause some strange behavior in the game's spaghetti code

Cheers

9. SirHolyCow

SirHolyCow Chieftain

Hello, I've been quite liking the Interface so far and I too would like to report a bug which I've been experiencing.

Game Version: 1.0.3.279
    Game Expansions and DLC: Both GK and BNW
    PC/Mac: PC (Windows 8.1)

Description:

The bug I am experiencing is to do with the 'loading' aspect of the game.

Specifically, during the loading screen, the background art and Civ description are 'separated', as shown by the first screenshot. Additionally, this loading screen does not 'fade out' properly afterwards and gets stuck to the screen, that is until I press the 'Begin your Journey' button, as shown by the second screenshot. Furthermore, this happens with every Civ (I just used Babylon as an example). Anyway, I hope this is an adequate description of the issue. Happy holidays and thanks for your assistance! :)

Edit: All the required files should be properly attached now

Edit 2: Fixed everything by deleting the 'GameSetup' folder, sorry for this post, hehe.

Attached Files:

10. Terdic

Terdic Chieftain

Hi!

How do I remove the yields from buildings in the city management screen? I used an old version of EUI that didn't have it but I just re-installed and I would like it removed.

Thanks.

11. SirHolyCow

SirHolyCow Chieftain

I too would really like to know this.

12. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I have the same problem:confused:

13. Vesslan

Vesslan Chieftain

Hello! I'm trying out the "latest stable version" and ran into what seems to be an issue with annexing cities. I don't know if this is a temporary bug or if I'm missing something...

In the attached save file, Ulundi is puppeted and can't be annexed. Nothing happens when I puch the annex-button in the city screen.

Edit: I removed the UI-folder and the problem was gone so it seems to have something to do with the mod.

Edit 2: More issues I experience with the mod:

1.) I can't delete units outside my borders.

2.) When capturing a city it automaticly got annexed and then I't did not produce anything for a while until I noticed. Also, I can't seem to be able to raze the city.

Can there be a problem with my installation of the mod? Is there maybe an older version more reliable for me? :)

Attached Files:

14. vok5

vok5 Chieftain

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the work on this DLC. I just started using it and so far, it is great. I have installed the latest version as of today and I play on Linux.

While playing, I had an issue whenever I wanted to trade with a leader. I simply cannot do it. It does work however when I don't use this DLC. To test this, use the tutorials #5 where you can trade with Siam. Normally in this tutorial, I should be able to trade horses for marble, but it isn't possible with this DLC. Here's a screenshot of what I get in the trade screen. The list of resouces is wrong and I cannot click on any resources to trade it. There is also a weird message at the bottom of my trading list as if a text key is missing somehow.

http://imgur.com/mSq1df1

15. bc1

bc1

I loaded your 1st save and could annex Unlundi either via the city screen prompt or by clicking the city banner puppet icon
    with either save I could delete units in or outside home borders
    there can be a mod conflict
    the latest version has the most bugs fixed

Cheers

16. Vesslan

Vesslan Chieftain

Thanks for the answers. This is the only mod i use. I guess there must be something wrong with my setup. I will try to reinstall everything, because I like this mod.

17. bc1

bc1

there can only be one EUI folder in the entire ...\sid meier's civilization v\ folder tree, and it must be in the correct location: ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC

Cheers

18. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Sorry, though deleted line 2530 "Network.SendUpdateCityCitizens( cityID )" from CityView.lua, still have the same problem...

19. bc1

bc1

if you had a save game just BEFORE the city conquest, and/or an Lua.log file (see OP) to share, perhaps it would be possible to go beyond mere conjectures...

20. Motomiya Nagisa

Motomiya Nagisa Chieftain

bc1, is there a way to set it up so that the EUI Top Panel is one long bar as opposed to two parts?