Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

If you have modified EUI's XML text file (in its XML folder), leaving % characters in the <TEXT> descriptions, it would bug out like that due to temporary code until the community populates this text file (see post #2267)

Thanks for that, working perfect now.

@Zyxpsilon: it's not what it might seem, the circle is not for each icon, it's to be used to create a background "Grid" image for each entire stack. The round shape is to make rounded corners.i

Ahhhh - ookay, now i get it.
In which case, that special texture DDS would need to be re-scaled relatively to the current stack(s) conditions as need dictates. You'd then continually have two specific (but variable) areas to deal with. Rounded corners smoothing included. How wide still remains to be determined though -- oval or elliptic shapes?

EDIT...
Google search revealed plenty of "Rounded square" images. But, this sample is good enough to expose what i mean by variations when any kind of re-scaling function needs to be applied before creating a runtime pseudo-grid where the intended conditions are visually met;

ONE Civ Icon would then be "attached" to the top-right corner or simply "centered" vertically/horizontally (filling about 50% --or less-- of the available area) while a stack (if there is more than one Major or Minor to process) should expand the middle-height areas by a balanced pixels range. This theory still doesn't include any width calibration choices.

So i downloaded the latest version yesterday and have an odd problem

it's seems like the localization strings for all the map scripts from "Scrambled Continents" and "Scrambled Nations" are broken

both the base game and the mod are freshly installed.

Does the extended UI mod mess with the save files at all? I ask because I play mainly with coworkers through multiplayer robot (basically a hot seat game with save files passed around), and I was hoping to be able to use this without affecting other players who do not have the mod.

Does the extended UI mod mess with the save files at all? I ask because I play mainly with coworkers through multiplayer robot (basically a hot seat game with save files passed around), and I was hoping to be able to use this without affecting other players who do not have the mod.

It does not. In fact, even real-time multiplayer games can be played with some but not all players using EUI, so GMR shouldn't cause problems at all.

It would be awesome if it was easier to choose what changes you want or not.

The readme sais you can just delete folders, but no idea what does what, and it screws up my game completely (black screens, unable to click units etc). So it seems all or nothing. Which unfortunately means nothing because i dont want 100s of pointless changes to get used to only to get a few that are truly improvements. :sad:

I did change that line for GR, and it is a partial solution: the annoyance of the button over the minimap disappears, but IA or GR are not accessible from main screen anymore.
... so you might want to try the updated replacement Info Addict compatibility file for EUI instead (you need to revert Info Addict to an InGameUIAddin)
It would be awesome if it was easier to choose what changes you want or not.
The readme sais you can just delete folders, but no idea what does what, and it screws up my game completely (black screens, unable to click units etc). So it seems all or nothing. Which unfortunately means nothing because i dont want 100s of pointless changes to get used to only to get a few that are truly improvements. :sad:
so so sorry EUI does not seem to be for you... don't worry you're not missing out on much :lol:

With 1.27j, the XML.log spams a billion warnings:

[22165.636] In table Language_en_US...
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (f)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (f)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (e)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (c)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (t)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (p)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (i)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (e)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (s)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (o)
[22165.636] Tag (TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILDING_AffectSpiesNow) contains invalid character (w)

..and so on for each lower-case.

so so sorry EUI does not seem to be for you...

That is of course a reply that clearly fits in the picture. You dont give a rats behind about what a possible user thinks about it, you are just doing it for your own amusement and making something that as many people as possible find useful is not what amuses you.

There is absolutely nothing wrong that of course, it's your time, your project and you're not asking anyone for money, I just hope you are aware of it because i am honestly impressed by the amount of effort put into this and it seems a bit much just for ones own amusement. :)

I did change that line for GR, and it is a partial solution: the annoyance of the button over the minimap disappears, but IA or GR are not accessible from main screen anymore.

I used this:
You can make that insane button disappear:

• Comment lines 39, 40, 41 in InfoAddictHooks.lua (“Controls.IAB_ …”)
  • Comment line 61 in InfoAddictHooks.lua (“Events.LoadScreen…”)
  • Comment lines 3 to 7 in InfoAddictHooks.xml (i.e. the whole content)

This works with the DLC version of InfoAddict and EUI 1.27d (or 1.27d beta5). You won’t have the IA button in the diplo screen but you can access it from EUI’s main screen top menu.
GR is still accessible at the top button ribbon (or whatever it's called).

Hello bc1!

With 1.27k I cannot annex puppeted cities anymore.
The button is present and clickable, but nothing happens.

Thanks for your hard work and the constant updates!

Top Bottom