Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

So far i've been trying to take out some of the options myself but end up breaking the game and have to fresh install the UI back again.

so my issues seem to have fixed themselves when I've removed LUA folder from (6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI), but it breaks CBP features like happiness changes.

so my issues seem to have fixed themselves when I've removed LUA folder from (6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI), but it breaks CBP features like happiness changes.

Hey gendalf, I was having the same issues as you are. I have the same setup as you've described, and so what I did was, instead of deleting the entire LUA folder in the Compatibility Balance Patch - Compatibility Files folder, I deleted several .luas and .xmls that exist in both EUI's U1_bc1 folder as well as the Compatibility Files folder, and it solved all of the problems without changing happiness or any other game mechanics.

I only deleted them from the Compatibility Files LUA folder, and the files were: both CityBannerManager files, all 3 CityView files, and the UnitPanel .lua as well.

I restarted Civ 5 after doing this, pretty well expecting it to crash, but I reloaded a save game and it worked perfectly with it! Unsurprisingly then so did starting a new game. Looks like it's a miscommunication between EUI and CPP and what they're both including caused these minor issues. Hope this helps!

How can I get rid of the "TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILT_IN_X_CITIES" error in the city view with Civ5 BNW in Linux/Steam? I have unzipped the archive with the -LL flag and copied the filename EUI_text_en_us.xml to the Text folder as stated in the readme....

dehomag, it kinda works, happiness hover-over (and happiness management window) show poverty/crime/etc values, but the city management interface still doesn't display it in hover-overs.

I am using infoaddict and a JFD civs and I got this error message in the lua console.

Code:
 Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\PlotHelp\PlotHelpManager.lua:1061: bad argument #1 to 'L' (string expected, got nil)

I also don't get any information of the tiles from EUI.

I am using infoaddict and a JFD civs and I got this error message in the lua console.

Code:
 Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\PlotHelp\PlotHelpManager.lua:1061: bad argument #1 to 'L' (string expected, got nil)

I also don't get any information of the tiles from EUI.

In my file of version 1.28f EUI, line 1061 is just a "end" line. So there can't be an error.
What is written at your file, obviously you have another version?

the line causing the error will include sth like this:
L(variable)
A workaround would be to test if the variable is nil. If it is nil, don't do the L() thing.

It could be that the line is sth like:
L(tech1.Description)
than the problem could be, that your new civ or another mod, does not have a description for the tech or simular.

A fantastic mod here, good job. Just some small minor issues here which I'm wondering if anybody knows how to fix. Is there any way of changing the right column of city management screen back to what it was originally? I have to agree with some of the comments made on the download page that it's a bit 'overcharged' with quite a lot of unnecessary information. Also, another minor dislike of mine is when you talk to the leaders, the options are laid out horizontally instead of vertically, any way of changing this?

Is there a way to disable notification bundling? Particular for city state notifications? As others-I-have-come-across have said, it's a hassle to click through each (because the next tooltip is not instantaneous and clicking unintuitively jumps to vision of the next-in-bundle instead of vision of the tooltip being read).

I tried the solutions from this "Is it possible to split the City-State notifications?" thread, but no dice.

Update: I've fixed it now. Since applying both solutions didn't work, I tried replacing NotificationPanel.lua with vanilla. It may have made a difference for one instance, but it bundled every time after. Bundling persisted even after renaming UI_bc1 to prevent the game from accessing it. I redownloaded an unmodded DLC folder (2.92 GB) from Steam which finally removed EUI. Now "local bundled = false" works after reinstalling EUI.

Can I use EUI with Civ5 BNW running on Windows 10? Thanks.

Bundling persisted even after renaming UI_bc1 to prevent the game from accessing it.

The "game" does not know the name of EUI's folder, it just uses whatever it finds. Renaming will make no difference, as I believe you experienced. For the same reason, making a local copy of a folder or file within EUI (as a backup in case of problems with an edit) can lead to unexpected behaviour or failures. I recommend keeping backups completely outside the Civ folders.

The "game" does not know the name of EUI's folder, it just uses whatever it finds. Renaming will make no difference.

The instructions seem to imply but could be more explicit about this. →.← Expression of disappointment + tiredness because getting back into CiV has stretched my already-irregular circadian rhythm to its limits.

I guess it's always read because it reads all DLC.

For those who want to un-bundle notifications, this method works well for me.

In file UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua, notification types are defined as

Code:
-------------------------------------------------
-- List of notification types we can handle
-------------------------------------------------
local g_notificationNames = {}
local g_notificationBundled = {}
for k, v, w in ([[
	NOTIFICATION_POLICY				SocialPolicy
	NOTIFICATION_MET_MINOR				CityState		B
	NOTIFICATION_MINOR				CityState		B
	NOTIFICATION_MINOR_QUEST			CityState		special
	NOTIFICATION_ENEMY_IN_TERRITORY			EnemyInTerritory	B
	NOTIFICATION_REBELS				EnemyInTerritory	B
	NOTIFICATION_CITY_RANGE_ATTACK			CityCanBombard		B
	NOTIFICATION_BARBARIAN				Barbarian		B
	NOTIFICATION_GOODY				AncientRuins		B

The "B"s and "special" at the end of some lines indicate bundle. Delete these "B"s (and the "special" for NOTIFICATION_MINOR_QUEST) un-bundle the corresponding notification.

BTW, this method doesn't work with the CBP. I suppose you may need to change the notification lua file in the CBP mod.

Enjoy

Hello,

First, thanks for this amazing mod, now I cannot play the game without it :).

Now here are some feedback after a few games with it :
  • The prices to buy units or buildings (with gold or faith) are wrong when you don't have enough to buy them (it displays much less than the "real" price)
  • Could you add an option to prevent the unit type to be automatically selected and added to the unit list (bottom left panel) when you have a new unit ? I sometimes use it to keep an eye on some units but it's annoying to remove the unit each time I get a new one.
  • Can you add an option to disable the sorting of the unit list by distance to current unit : it's confusing to see the order constantly change, especially when you're trying to check all units of a type.
  • Is it possible to be able to resize the city panel (top left) ? If not I'll just disable it...
  • Can you make the top panel visible when on a leader screen : it helps to have all these information (income, resources, happiness...) when negociating with another civilization.
  • When there are more than 6 aircrafts in a city (or maybe only when there are 10 units : it doesn't seem to happen with 6 or less, but it's frequent with 10), sometimes the units icons doesn't show up (you click on the number and nothing appears) or only the current selected unit icon is displayed.
(BNW, no other mods, steam version, windows 10 64 bits)

I'll try to do some screenshots of some of those issues.

Thanks !

Hello,

• The prices to buy units or buildings (with gold or faith) are wrong when you don't have enough to buy them (it displays much less than the "real" price)
  • Could you add an option to prevent the unit type to be automatically selected and added to the unit list (bottom left panel) when you have a new unit ? I sometimes use it to keep an eye on some units but it's annoying to remove the unit each time I get a new one.
  • Can you add an option to disable the sorting of the unit list by distance to current unit : it's confusing to see the order constantly change, especially when you're trying to check all units of a type.
  • Is it possible to be able to resize the city panel (top left) ? If not I'll just disable it...
  • Can you make the top panel visible when on a leader screen : it helps to have all these information (income, resources, happiness...) when negociating with another civilization.
  • When there are more than 6 aircrafts in a city (or maybe only when there are 10 units : it doesn't seem to happen with 6 or less, but it's frequent with 10), sometimes the units icons doesn't show up (you click on the number and nothing appears) or only the current selected unit icon is displayed.

First one has caught a few people recently - note the number is in red, so it's the amount of extra cash/faith you still need. If you don't like this feature instructions for removing it were recently posted.

I tried removing the sorting from the unit list but it didn't really help with visiting all your workers (for example). The one that's currently selected is removed from the list (or I guess it's the large one highlighted at the bottom) so the list still moves around a bit, especially if it needs to scroll.

Agree that having the top panel visible of the leader screen would be useful, but I suspect there are complications...

First one has caught a few people recently - note the number is in red, so it's the amount of extra cash/faith you still need. If you don't like this feature instructions for removing it were recently posted.

Ohhhh !! Right !
Didn't see that. I like it, it's just that if you don't know what it means, it looks like it's random. Maybe it could be mentioned in the feature list.

I tried removing the sorting from the unit list but it didn't really help with visiting all your workers (for example). The one that's currently selected is removed from the list (or I guess it's the large one highlighted at the bottom) so the list still moves around a bit, especially if it needs to scroll.

Indeed, if the unit is removed from the list, it won't help much.

Followed the instructions to a T. Game crashes to desktop every time. No way I'm going through and moving each folder out of EUI to see what's wrong. If something doesn't work, it's not my job to fix it. I simply delete and move on to something that does work. 'A' for effort though, I guess.

Top Bottom