Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hello, guys. I'm facing several crashes around turn 20. First, I thought it could be the mods, then I tried several new games without mods with the same crashes. I lowered the graphics and it's still the same. What could be happening? Thanks.

EUI version: 1.29 beta.
CIV version: 1.0.3.279
Windows 7 x64.

Hello everyone, i wanna change some features for my EUI like colors or removing some stuff. I checked features or which folders includes what but when i remove one folder that disables all features from my EUI. I just wanna remove or change specific features can someone help me in that situations or where should i write my comment.

I'm having problems with this. Version 1.29 seems to be completely non-functioning. I've deleted the files and re-installed them and the same problem persists. On turn one the game processes the turns until the barbarian turn, after which the game totally freezes. Not only that but it doesn't allow me to do anything in windows either (doesn't even allow for me to open task manager) forcing me to either restart my laptop or sign out.

I have the latest version of civ5, if that's of any help.

E: finally found where I can download v. 1.28 and it's working fine, at least for now

Last edited:
I'm having problems with this. Version 1.29 seems to be completely non-functioning. I've deleted the files and re-installed them and the same problem persists. On turn one the game processes the turns until the barbarian turn, after which the game totally freezes. Not only that but it doesn't allow me to do anything in windows either (doesn't even allow for me to open task manager) forcing me to either restart my laptop or sign out.

I have the latest version of civ5, if that's of any help.

E: finally found where I can download v. 1.28 and it's working fine, at least for now

I have exactly the same problem. Game worked for like 90 turns at first, then crash. Now I can't go past turn 1 while processing barb turns. Can't seem to find 1.28 either :/

1.28 is available on the Version History tab of this thread.

Have not tried 1.29beta yet - does anyone who used 1.28 for a while see significant performance benefits with the beta?

Updated to 1.29 beta (the recent Monday, 06-16-2016, release) and my game has been freezing at various points depending upon map size etc. Approximate play time before freeze, about an hour. Reinstalling DirectX and verifying game files via Steam did not help. Rolled back to version 1.28G and had no issues during an approximate 8 hour session. EUI is the only mod installed as I play to submit entries to the HOF.

OK, I am getting crashes with version 1.29beta4, I didn't have a save, but lucky autosave let me go in a repeat the error, just one turn away from it happening. So I was able to pull folders out and see which was causing problems. I am using Ethnic Units mod and CameraRotation and WASD Controls (BNW), neither one when disabled effected the test. If you need the save I can give it to you, but I know the folder. It is the NotificationPanel, I removed that folder and everything worked fine, I was able to get past the spot every time where I would get a freeze. It was always a spot where Processing Turn For Barbarians.

I got popup screen that other Civs wanted to do negotiation, like do trade embassy and after I excepted both Civs trade and left the screen, turn would go and would freeze at Processing Turn for Barbarians.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you want I can pull out one file at a time in the NotificationPanel folder and see which one it is, I can do this when I get some more time.

If you want I can pull out one file at a time in the NotificationPanel folder and see which one it is, I can do this when I get some more time.
no that would break EUI. What would help is to test by replacing NotificationPanel entire folder with the one from 1.28g and check no crash happens
It is the NotificationPanel, I removed that folder and everything worked fine, I was able to get past the spot every time where I would get a freeze. It was always a spot where Processing Turn For Barbarians. I got popup screen that other Civs wanted to do negotiation, like do trade embassy and after I excepted both Civs trade and left the screen, turn would go and would freeze at Processing Turn for Barbarians.
Hope this helps.
Thanks ! That does narrow it down quite a lot: I now have an idea what the problem might be, but no simple fix in sight yet (except revert to 1.28g). Perhaps test by swapping lines 1535 & 1536 in NotificationPanel.xml (the Container and AlphaAnim statements)
lucky autosave let me go in a repeat the error ... If you need the save I can give it to you
yes that would help (just zip it and attach it to a reply)
Cheers

no that would break EUI. What would help is to test by replacing NotificationPanel entire folder with the one from 1.28g and check no crash happens

Thanks ! That does narrow it down quite a lot: I now have an idea what the problem might be, but no simple fix in sight yet (except revert to 1.28g). Perhaps test by swapping lines 1535 & 1536 in NotificationPanel.xml (the Container and AlphaAnim statements)

yes that would help (just zip it and attach it to a reply)
Cheers

Here is my save game file. Here is order sequence:
- Next Turn
- Great Scientist: Construct Academy Hex over, where it recommends it.
- Choose Research: Calendar
- Next Turn
- Yes, Goodbye (Arabia Negotiations)
- Accept, Goodbye (Maya Negotiations)

Now freeze will happen when game gets to Barbarians.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzbehcHSiVJla08tckxhcE1ZZWc

Yeah using NotificationPanel folder from 1.28g makes me get passed the crash, so far seems to work.

So I did this, I ran both version of NotificationPanel.xml from 1.28g and 1.29beta4 in WinMerge to compare what has changed, I do that sometimes with files to verify things to see what is same and different. I saw this one line in 1.29beta4 that wasn't in 1.28g, I decided to delete it and no freeze on my save.
Line 1536:
<AlphaAnim ID="Timer" Speed="10" Pause="0" Cycle="Bounce" Stopped="1" />

I don't know what it does, but when I removed that line, like I said no freeze at that point in my save.

So I did this, I ran both version of NotificationPanel.xml from 1.28g and 1.29beta4 in WinMerge to compare what has changed, I do that sometimes with files to verify things to see what is same and different. I saw this one line in 1.29beta4 that wasn't in 1.28g, I decided to delete it and no freeze on my save.
Line 1536:
<AlphaAnim ID="Timer" Speed="10" Pause="0" Cycle="Bounce" Stopped="1" />

I don't know what it does, but when I removed that line, like I said no freeze at that point in my save.

It does something because Icons on bottom right will overlap each other, like Research notification with Horses discovered.
Well I hope I helped as much as I could.

What would help is to test by replacing NotificationPanel entire folder with the one from 1.28g and check no crash happens

So I am going to run it like this for a while. Seems a legit way until problem gets solved. I will report any problems, but I don't think there will be.

I have this issue and I saw it back when I was using v1.28g. Sometimes it doesn't show up right away.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....307/EF68FB5E7F9AAE2B638AF4A2450F08723DD050B1/
It give me the wrong amount to purchase units. As you see in the picture, Archer shows 50 Gold, but the popup box when hovered over shows the correct price 200 gold or 80 faith.

Like I said issue was back in the v1.28g version and appears to be in the latest version too.

This one is causing the freeze too.

My mods are:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ethnic-diversity-r-e-d-unofficial.449070/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=166166333

Here is my system specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition (3.5GHZ)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (16GB)
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 950 FTW (2GB Memory)
Main Drive: Western Digital Black Edition (1TB)
Monitor: Acer 1920X1080 (60HZ)

If you can play with 1.29beta5 using 1.28g's NotificationPanel then you're all set
I have no way to reproduce the crash so I am not going to be able to fix this
Cheers
No worries, just trying to help you out. I am doing a full reinstall of game, delete My Documents folder associated with Civ5. Last manual mod I put it and removed was vox populi. I had some issues with it. It might have left some stuff behind when I removed it.

Top Bottom