1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29h

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. mrttt

mrttt Chieftain

Hi, I really appreciate the EUI!

In an older version (got a new PC), I was able to mouse-over barbarian encampments and it would tell if if a city state wanted it killed. I don't have that same thing in the newer version. Is there a way for me to play with the files and bring that feature back?

Also, is there a way to stop yield icons from popping up every time i select the settler?

Thanks!

2. crushboss

crushboss Chieftain

Any chance of an updated Vox Populi version?

3. AmadeusK482

AmadeusK482 Chieftain

I also have crashes with the enhanced UI. I've have been using the various versions since June of last year. In the duration, I have followed this thread and the advice about switching folders from previous releases to new releases, etc.

I've installed 1.28 and 1.29 (and whatever betas). Currently I have 1.28 installed.

My game invariably crashes. Every game. Multiple times. Every time it's on the city-state turn. It can happen at any time. Usually between turns 30-150 for the first crash, and again at any point after reloading the game usually somewhere between 30-150 turns

If you go back through this thread you can see the dozens of other users with the exact same issue. Do you acknowledge that there is an issue?

http://imgur.com/a/xkKwu <----- This link is my error log. Very long.

System Specs:
    Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 7.22.42 PM.png

4. pintocat

pintocat Warlord

The replies with crashes are for the beta 1.29 -- 1.28 has been widely used for years by many thousands of people, and is stable.

5. AmadeusK482

AmadeusK482 Chieftain

I must have lost you somewhere, but I believe my post is easily comprehended. Please re-read it.

When I first downloaded the Enhanced UI the version that was current then was 1.28. It invariably made my game crash. Go back through the thread. And look at posts dated around the same timeframe when 1.28 was the current version. There are numerous reports of crashes

Do you understand the word invariable?

6. Kriegs

Kriegs Chieftain

So, I got this mod because its sooo useful, but in singleplayer, turn 1, the game crashes at the barbarian turn processing. Got it to work in MP lasst night, just not in SP for what ever reason. Yes I followed the instructions to the letter, no other mods, all dlc and expansions. WHAT DO I DO TO FIX IT?????

7. AmadeusK482

AmadeusK482 Chieftain

We first have to get the creator to acknowledge there is a problem. You can go back through the thread and find his posts where they say they can't duplicate the error regardless of the dozens of posts that say the mod crashes the game

8. Sarrow

Sarrow Chieftain

I got the mod v1.28g and everything works perfectly except one thing: it doesn’t show any information about the selected unit on the map.

Do you know how to solve this tiny problem?

9. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

I also have "words" for all my tooltip and map info, just like this. Using the current beta.
    I am using out-of-the-box VP, all the bells and whistles. CP, CBO, CSD, C4DF, Luxuries, and the compatibility module. Nothing else.

Relevant Lua log, maybe
    Code:
    [277622.937] TopPanel: Loading EUI top panel    LuaContext: 19FC0540    722.072    
     _____           ____                  _
    |_   _|__  _ __ |  _ \ __ _ _ __   ___| |
      | |/ _ \| '_ \| |_) / _` | '_ \ / _ \ |
      | | (_) | |_) |  __/ (_| | | | |  __/ |
      |_|\___/| .__/|_|   \__,_|_| |_|\___|_|
              |_|
    [277622.937] TopPanel: Finished loading EUI top panel    722.073
    [277631.796] Runtime Error: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI) (v 1)\LUA\PlotHelpManager.lua:1052: attempt to index upvalue 'Controls_TheBox' (a nil value)
    [277631.796] PlotHelpManager: GameInfo.PolicyBranchTypes[-1] is undefined
    [277631.796] Runtime Error: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI) (v 1)\LUA\PlotHelpManager.lua:141: attempt to index upvalue 'Controls_TheBox' (a nil value)
    and then the rest is like 500 lines of the same Runtime Error at variously line 141, 143, or 145 of that file.

10. bc1

bc1

Seems like a mod conflict
    Cheers

11. vinvinvin

vinvinvin Chieftain

hi bc1, how can i show the landscape of the tile?
    Like i want to see if this is a desert, forest, grassland...etc.
    How can i do it? Or u removed this feature?
    I used to place my cursor on the tile and it shows up.
    Also is it possible to show "pasture is need" or "masonry is need" something like that?
    Cuz i usually can't remember it clearly?
    Other than those, i can't find the "avoid growth"option in 1.28?

And btw your ui is awesome, thanks for your work man.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  12. Travus

Travus Chieftain

Found a couple issues with Beta9:

The yield icons for faith and culture are incorrectly displaying as food yield icons in the map.

Consider changing the color of the unit's light blue movement limit band. It's too similar to the town's unworked tiles color. It's sometimes difficult to tell them apart.

Other than that, it's been working great. No crashes (knock on wood)!

13. Alikalix

Alikalix Chieftain

Support for Rise to Power, please!

14. Travus

Travus Chieftain

Beta10 issue:

I've experienced a crash on turn change on the barbarian turn. Luckily I had a save game on the turn prior to the crash so I was able to do some decent testing. I discovered that the crash was caused by the "NotificationPanel.lua" and "NotificationPanel.xml" files. I pulled the same named files out of the 1.28g version and replaced the Beta10 files with them. I was then able to progress from my save game with no crashes.
    Is there any major differences between the versions of these files? The only thing I can tell is maybe a bit of the animations are different.

15. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

The conflict is with the Compatibility Mod and eui beta. The stable works without issue (well, except the crashes that CP causes).

16. Travus

Travus Chieftain

Minor Beta11 issue:
    In the map options menu, the wonder/resource/improvement icons are displaying the wrong tooltips.

Otherwise, I'm almost 300 turns and no crashes :)

17. bc1

bc1

Great news !
    Thx for the minor bug report, took 5 sec to fix

18. duck.

duck. Chieftain

So I signed up literally just to ask this, but how do you disable the thing that shows all movement circles as soon as you click the unit? I understand how it can be useful, but it's honestly an eyesore. I've been searching for a really long time, but I haven't found any answers. Please help?

19. pintocat

pintocat Warlord

I'm still getting the turn blocker issue.. pressing the button, or hitting enter, is not sending me to my unit needing orders

20. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Any idea how I can make the latest beta version work with Vox Populi? I have tried all combinations and came up empty....