1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta48

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. Tedyke

Tedyke Chieftain

Is this as intended?
    When going via mods a existing save can't be loaded.
    It goes straight to starting a new game...

2. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

I think the previous post answers that question. If you want to load a game, just load a game.

I think something bc1 may have missed though is that in the engine, if you don't explicitly load mods before loading a game file, the mods with which the game was started may or may not be applied as they should. Does the EUI address this nondeterminism from the application?

3. Tedyke

Tedyke Chieftain

Well the only mod I'm using on that save be faster aircraft animations but when I load my game via single player menu then the mod is not loading I guess.
    When pressing esc ingame it not says there are mods loaded...
    So I guess this is not working or I'm doing something wrong...

4. bc1

bc1

It turns out mods which are tagged "do not affect save games" are not "tagged" in the game save, so there is no way to load them automatically, a manual selection step is required. An EUI update is required to do that, in the meantime you can delete its "FrontEnd" folder.

5. platypus42

platypus42 Chieftain

Hi,

Thank you for this great enhancement. This is the first "real" mod I've tried out (not counting 'faster aircraft animations'), and it's made the game a lot smoother.

Just wanted to report a couple of small bugs I've noticed so far (when using the latest beta version v1.29beta21):
    • The "victory progress" screen says all victories are disabled - regardless of whether or not they're enabled. It still shows, for eg., "Projected votes" under the Diplomatic area, but overlayed on top of that is the text "Diplomatic victory is disabled". I verified this by creating a new game with a few type victories enabled and a few disabled, seems to make no difference, they're all displayed as disabled.
    • When trying "Give a gift" to a city state, the "Gift a unit" option has no text, just a bit of empty space between the "1000 gold" and "Improve a resource" options. I can still click on the empty space and gift a unit, so the functionality is there, but the UI part has somehow vanished.
    I just started trying this out yesterday, so I'll add any other bugs I might encounter as I go along. This is all on Gods n Kings by the way, and the only other mod I use is Faster Aircraft Animation (and these bugs occur in games without mods loaded anyway).

6. Tedyke

Tedyke Chieftain

Thank you for the explanation and the very fine enhancement of the gameplay bc1!

7. Tedyke

Tedyke Chieftain

It's not a big deal but I wonder if there is a possibility or option to disable the permanent move and bombard range indicator (border) of the active unit?

8. JNZS13

JNZS13 Warlord

So.. Anyone here playing latest beta loaded whit other mods to share some compatibility tests? (Not the old ones from eui download page, something fresh).

9. Raven_2012

Raven_2012 Chieftain

I had this weird text error, bottom most option, I deleted the cache folder and started up game again.

Then after I deleted the cache folder I started game, it shows the normal "Enable city states leader icons," but when I hover over the check mark, it reads like the Unit List one.

10. bc1

bc1

yes the cache does need to be deleted for new or modified text entries to be taken into account
    good catch ==> fixed

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  11. JOM

JOM Chieftain

I had to delete the folder ingame in order to use this with my MultiP Modpack. What functionality does that remove?

12. pintocat

pintocat Warlord

Thanks for keeping up with the updates. I'll try the new version

13. mcshame

mcshame Warlord

noticed that the EUI_txt_en_us.xml that was dated July 5, 2018 is now dated Feb 16, 2016.

Was it intended to revert the file to an older version?

14. pintocat

pintocat Warlord

The newest one still has a xml from 2016 -- is that intended?

15. Antigua

Antigua Chieftain

Hi bc1,

I have a development proposal. You already solved that the SinglePlayer/LoadGame menu is directly available from the main menu.
    Actually I am mainly playing games in Multiplayer/Hot Seat mode. Is there a possibility to solve that the Multiplayer/Hot Seat/Load Game menu should be directly available from the main menu instead of the SinglePlayer/LoadGame menu?

16. Nexather

Nexather Chieftain

This mod has served me well for years, but I'm having an issue now where settlers don't display the black outline of the future city borders. Is there any file I need to mess with to fix this? I have tooltip and map popups on 0 seconds.

17. jaspian

jaspian Chieftain

Hi is there is a way to have the purchase tiles always on? Took me a while to find it but saw it in here that I now have to toggle the view on and off with the gold coin in the city screen.

18. bc1

bc1

this requires changes to the load game menu, done in beta25

to reduce clutter borders, and now in addition yields and resources, are only displayed while clicking the right mouse button

you can make tile purchases in several cities flipping through them while in the city screen, and upon city screen exit the purchase flag is reset and you need to click the coin again

19. Antigua

Antigua Chieftain

Thanks. It is really good! And now only 1 click is needed to load the file instead of two. :goodjob:

20. Glax

Glax Chieftain

does this mod compatible with Cultural Capital mod?, it does not project the icon/button for the mod, but with the IGE Editor mod, I can put the buildings from the Cultural Capital mod, it only doesn't show the button and also the event that should happen after building 2 wonders.
    can it make a button for Cultural Capital mod like what this mod did to InfoAddict mod, Sukritact's Events and Decisions mod, WonderRace mods