1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta44

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. Gabri-H3LL

Gabri-H3LL Chieftain

Awesome mod, great work! I've been having some minor bugs with the community patch and your mod made me disable it and only play with the enhanced UI.

2. Kamiinaz

Kamiinaz Chieftain

Hello. I want to start by saying this mod is amazing and I'm really glad it's still getting some updates! Thank you!

I have, however, a slight bug report regarding the latest beta version (v1.29beta28).

Both my City List and Unit List aren't updating automatically every turn.
    Basically, the city icons and numbers regarding growth, culture, production, desired luxury, population, etc., as well as the unit icons regarding how many units and which units exist, aren't updating, unless I either:

• Disable and re-enable the City/Unit List in the Options menu or
    • Press the down arrow at the top-left to display the vanilla current technology research, vanilla city list, unit list, resource list, great people progress, etc. When I press that, the lists update.

Essentially, I have to manually update my city list every turn for it to display any change. Otherwise, it is stuck displaying the cities' condition at the start of the game. For instance, if I start a new game, and settle my first city, the city list won't show up at all.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I really enjoy the city list feature, as it is very convenient. The same happens to the Unit List! I'm playing without both right now.

I'm playing on Windows 10, on Steam, and have NO other mods installed. I have all the DLC available.

Turn 67: 8 :c5citizen: | 6 :c5food: (turns) | 10 :c5production: (turns) |1 :c5culture: (turn) | All correct.
    20190308232829_1.jpg

Turn 68: It still displays the same on the city list [ 8 :c5citizen: | 6 :c5food: (turns) | 10 :c5production: (turns) |1 :c5culture: (turn) ], incorrectly.
    20190308232911_1.jpg
    Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

3. bc1

bc1

1/ make sure install is OK: old version deleted, new vesion in correct folder
    2/ else lua.log

N7 Commander John and Kamiinaz like this.
  4. Kamiinaz

Kamiinaz Chieftain

Hi! Thank you for the quick response.

As soon as I enabled logging in the config.ini, the lists started to work correctly again in that save! I did encounter this problem again though, only after I loaded up a game with 15+ cities. Before that, I didn't have the issue. So maybe that was the cause?

Here's the lua.log of the game with 16 cities. The City List won't work here. BUT, It works on another game, with less cities. Maybe there's a limit to how many cities it works correctly, I don't know.

Thanks again, I'm still enjoying the mod a lot!

EDIT: Uploaded wrong file beforehand.

Attached Files:

• Lua.zip
      File size:
      3.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  5. Kamiinaz

Kamiinaz Chieftain

Ok, so this is weird.
    • First, I start up Civ V, loaded my Portugal save with 6 cities, and the City List works. All good.
    • Then, I close the game to desktop.
    • I open Civ V again, and this time, I load up my Shoshone save with 16 cities, to test. The City list doesn't work again (maybe because it's too many cities?).
    • I close the game to desktop again.
    • I reopen, and load my Portugal save again (6 cities). However, this time, the City List doesn't work. Something about that Shoshone save with 16 cities is creating some sort of bug.

Here's the lua.log of the Portugal save.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for the help.

EDIT: Uploaded wrong file beforehand.

EDIT 2: Might be worth mentioning my Civ version is 1.0.3.279

Attached Files:

• Lua.zip
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  6. bc1

bc1

Thanks to your report I found an error in the code: cities ribbon (when displayed) will update only if the units ribbon is also displayed (the wrong setting variable is used). I'll update the mod when I find the time.

Cheers

7. Kamiinaz

Kamiinaz Chieftain

Oh, so it will only work when both lists are enabled?

Anyway, glad to hear you've found the problem!

Thanks, once again, for the quick reply! Love this mod!

8. bc1

bc1

Yes, kinda strange no one reported this yet... Since I use both I never noticed.

9. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger Chieftain

Hi, is there a way to increase the font size used?

It's a good mod, more informative than the original ui. :thumbsup:

10. N7 Commander John

N7 Commander John Chieftain

11. Vertius

Vertius Chieftain

I have a question if someone could help me. I know that EUI is modular, but I don't want to remove the whole 'InGame' file because it has so many awesome features, however, I would like to specifically remove the ranged unit auto bombard mode thing (I don't know what it's specifically called) where archers (and other ranged units) automatically enter the ranged mode to fire on enemies.

It's not a bad feature, of course, just not personally my cup of tea so if anyone knows how I can remove that feature specifically from the 'InGame' file I would greatly appreciate it.

12. TKuksson

TKuksson Chieftain

Hello! This mod is amazing, but I am sadly getting crashes after playing a bit into a game.

I am playing on Windows 7, game version is 1.0.3.279. Lua.log is attached.

I am thinking this mod is the cause, sadly. But I am hopeful there is a solution.

Thankful for any advise.

Attached Files:

• Lua.txt
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
  13. arieltal

arieltal Chieftain

I have to say, this *mod* is very useful and informative. Thanks for that, even though i get a crash sometimes, it is still not too bad since i have set the autosave to every turn so i can just reload the last turn..

But there is something that is unsetteling for me: where in the game can you see the city states that are only friends with the ai?
    This is some good intel..
    Just want to make sure it really is available in the normal game.

14. Dan Richards

Dan Richards Chieftain

EUI Beta
    Sticking HEX route destination mouse icon.
    In beta, if I direct worker to create a route with road/rail, the mouse icon changes to a small hexagon. That hexagon does not go away after clicking a destination. I have to click on UI that does not pass through to map, i.e. bottom left corner of screen, in order to get rid of it. Otherwise it will keep changing the workers final destination as I click on other units/cities. Anyone else notice this?

@TK,
    I have seen the same crash point after the
    "LeaderHeadRoot: blank discussion nil nil 12 false true 4 nil" entry in Lua log. Started back up fine though. This was hours into a game and a "goodbye" to leader statement on being friends with a civ they are friends with.

Dan
    Civ 5 Complete Edition
    Steam Runtime Version: jenkins-steam-runtime-beta-release_0.20190320.2

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  15. PanzerSoul

PanzerSoul Chieftain

Hi, I love this mod and used to use it until for some reason it stopped working 2-ish years ago (action panel doesn't show up) and for the longest time I just made do without it until I stopped playing Civ 5.

Just recently I started picking it back up again and decided to get to the bottom of the issue and figure out what's wrong.

So I tried the game in normal mode (no mods except EUI) and found that it worked perfectly; thus I determined that there was a mod conflict somewhere.

Then I tried turning off all the mods that affect UI (didn't work), and then all the mods that affected gameplay (like upgradeable buildings or new religions) (which also didn't work)

And so I was left with the most drastic option of turning off all my mods and turning them back on in batches until I could zero-in on the mods causing the conflict.

And lo and behold, the least expected mod to cause a conflict: an addon civilization leader mod.

The following is the mod causing the conflict:

Super Civs - Catwoman

I have not tried any of the other civilization leader mods by this author. They may or may not cause conflicts as well, but this is a heads up to anyone else who might have this issue.

Edit: Took another look at the mod page. It turns out I'm not the only one, as the comments also mentioned the issue (comment dated after I subscribed to the mod) and is apparently due to the mod overwriting UnitPanel.lua in order to get the unique effects to work.

His other mods that conflict with EUI are Elektra and Zatanna

16. Dan Richards

Dan Richards Chieftain

I had similar issues with a couple of the Colonies Civ Leader mods when I first started using EUI. I did not try them all though. I will have to see if it is changing the same panel or not.

17. Remos

Remos Chieftain

Yep, just follow the instructions here.

And here's my question regarding the mod: I don't suppose there's a way to remove the orange "Add an additional blah blah blah..." tooltip text when selecting what to build in the city screen. It just adds to the confusion since it's all the same on every item.
    I'm fine with editing files or scripts, just need to know what and where.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  18. not_alex_archer

not_alex_archer Chieftain

Is it possible to disable the dark gradient on the right and left sides of the screen? I've attached two images that show a pretty stark difference (looking at the clouds on the left) with EUI off and then on.

Attached Files:

19. broken0sword

broken0sword Chieftain

Actually, I've been trying to figure out how to disable this as well, plus some yellow text on another tooltip (can't remember which atm but it's also on the city view screen) that's similarly identical on every instance of that item's tooltip. I was beginning to search through all the posts in this thread trying to find more details about how to modify less obvious aspects of EUI, like these two things, but haven't gotten far yet.

Another question: once an improvement/unit has been queued for building, is there a way to just buy it outright without having to remove it from the queue and then buy it once it's listed with all the other potential improvements again? Something I like about the stock UI is being able to toggle between "Purchase" and "Build" modes. I like that EUI has condensed the size of the improvements list, so you can see more on the screen at the same time, but putting a button on each one for buying it really adds a lot of busyness to the interface that I would prefer not to have, since most of time during the game I'm not going to be purchasing improvements/units. Perhaps there's a way to hybridize your approach with the stock one and keep the size change but allow the option to turn the purchase buttons on and off?

Your mod is great, and all the work is appreciated - particularly that you continue to update it. I'm just trying to figure out how to adapt it to what works best for me.

20. Dynamic

Dynamic But not hurry

Thank you for your great work, bc1! But can you add a switch for selecting standard Demo / InfoAddict to your mod? It looks like better way then add or delete folder and restart the game.

Last edited: May 26, 2019