1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta38

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. Dynamic

Dynamic But not hurry

Thank you for your great work, bc1! But can you add a switch for selecting standard Demo / InfoAddict to your mod? It looks like better way then add or delete folder and restart the game.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. ThanOscar

ThanOscar Chieftain

is there any fix for the yield icons going missing in certain areas after reloading a save? reloading the save doesnt work, yield icons on/off dont work, going to other side of the map via minimap doesnt work, its pretty annoying

3. broken0sword

broken0sword Chieftain

The new beta version may be causing repeated CTD's for me, but I can't be certain. I haven't been playing C5 all that long, but I played one pretty long game through and had no problems. Most of the way through that game was when I installed the 1.29beta29 version and had no issues with it. I'm now on a new game, and the only thing that's changed is upgrading to the 1.29beta30. I can't say correlation is causation here, obviously, but I would like to roll back to b29 and see what happens. Is there a place I can re-download the previous beta? I can't find a link for it on here anywhere.

I don't use any other mods. I have the full version of C5 with all the DLC and expansions, on Windows (10). It seems to bug out after it goes to the post-turn processing, that's about the only consistency I've seen to the crashes.

4. bc1

bc1

yes it's a nuisance, but it's an issue with the base game that I don't know how to fix.
    I don't keep old versions, but beta30 = beta29 + a few fixes and instance manager + InfoAddict module, so if you delete the InfoAddict folder, which can use up lots of memory, you've basically got beta29.
    If you want more help you need to provide your logs (refer to instructions for details).

5. broken0sword

broken0sword Chieftain

Great, thanks for the tip! I will remove InfoAddict, since I'm not using it, and see what effect that has. If it persists I'll post the logs.

6. NC_TSR

NC_TSR Chieftain

Hello everyone, I apologize to you if someone posted the same issue before i didn't read all of the 149 pages and i apologize too for my post if I do some mistakes i'm french but i didn't find a french forum to help me with the EUI.
    I downloaded the EUI today to have a more comfortable gameplay but i have a little problem that embarass me.
    There are the resssources icons like fish, iron, horses ... who are in the EUI in addition with those which are in the game when i press Lctrl plus R to show the strategic spots of the ressources but the icons of the EUI are very little when I full zoom out in contrary of the basic icons of the game and i prefer to have the ressources of game instead of the ressources of the EUI.
    I tried to search a way to delete it or change it the the line's code but I don't find a solution.
    So is it possible to delete the ressources icons of The EUI to just have the basics ressources icons or to change it to be like the basics ressources icons ?
    I join a photo in the diplomatic tutorial for example. There is to illustrate the icon of the fish of EUI which is very small when I full zoom out instead of the basic icon who is very big and at the left side of the hexagon and i prefer to have the basic icon of the game.
    And if you ask the question i already remove the basics ressources icons with Lctrl plus R but i don't want the EUI icons in this way so i asking if is it possible to change the setting of the EUI icons to be like the basics icons or delete it to just have the basics icons ? Or maybe just have the same big size of the EUI icons like tha basics icons when I full zoom out ?

Attached Files:

7. ThanOscar

ThanOscar Chieftain

the yield icons problem is very unusual. it happens in a fixed place now and if i move my camera a bit to the side they show, but if i move it slightly they become invisble, very annoying, i've been switching back and forth between EUI's yieldiconmanager and whoward's VMC yieldiconmanager but everytime i use the EUI one yield icons are missing in the same place (5 tiles from my cap, apparently)

8. ElmerGG

ElmerGG Chieftain

I got an error in IGE. Followed all the compatibility fixes on the guide but I still get this error

any help?

9. bc1

bc1

save game ? log files ?

save game ? log files ?

10. ThanOscar

ThanOscar Chieftain

yeah thats a bit of a problem, which is why i havent included the save game in the first place, i use my custom dll (with extra tables) which i havent released (based on whoward's latest VMC) and i have a bunch of mods i made for myself which crash savegames if removed. The problem is that your yieldiconmanager (using 1.29beta28 i believe) is very smooth, instead the vanilla/VMC one is very stuttery when looking around the map (Large map size in the late game). Here's the lua logs, if you find anything useful, i didn't manage to find anything helpful there.
    (Example of before moving the camera and after, havent been able to even force show the yield icons, i tried changing the yields, adding improvements, adding a force refresh function in the yieldiconmanager, running in dx9, none worked if not replacing the manager with the base game's/VMC's)

yieldicons.jpg

renamed the .log to .txt because apparently its not an allowed extension ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached Files:

• Lua.txt
      File size:
      33.2 KB
      Views:
  11. NC_TSR

NC_TSR Chieftain

Thanks man, I appreciate ;)

12. bc1

bc1

There are limitations with the game engine, which may or not appear depending on how it is solicited. Short: I don't know how to fix this, and anyway there are similar disappearing yield icon issues with the base game.

13. jake.f.dolan

jake.f.dolan Chieftain

hey thank you for the continued support on this mod!

I had a quick question about the attack range indicator always being on, and always prompting me to attack. I'm currently in a game where a unit I can capture instead of kill (Enemy Great Prophet) is in my territory but I can't execute a move command to capture, only a Ranged Attack. Is there a way to disable this feature by deleting a certain file or something? I'd rather not attack by default

14. ThanOscar

ThanOscar Chieftain

Well, let me know if you need me to test some approaches or solutions, might not be the only one and this doesnt seem to want to return showing the yields. It's bothering me a lot given the specific case its happening in and I've been trying to figure out why only the capital and why only in a specific save game and why only after a certain point it stopped working but so far, nothing seems to be helping...

15. ThanOscar

ThanOscar Chieftain

Ok. i found out something, it appears the anchor might have corrupted itself or something, because putting this:
    Code:
    if isShown and plot:IsRevealed( GetActiveTeam(), false ) then   
                    anchor = {}
                    ContextPtr:BuildInstanceForControl( "Anchor", anchor, g_VisibleControls )
                    anchor.IsVisible = true
                    g_Anchors[ index ] = anchor
                    x, y = GridToWorld( x, y )
                    anchor.Anchor:SetWorldPositionVal( x, y, 0 )
                    UpdateImprovement( anchor, plot )
                    UpdateResource( anchor, plot )
                    UpdateYields( anchor, plot )
                    if not anchor.IsVisible then
                        if anchor.YieldsDirty then
                        end
                        -- make it visible
                        UpdateYields(anchor, plot)
                        anchor.Anchor:ChangeParent( g_VisibleControls )
                        anchor.IsVisible = true
                    end     
                end

elseif anchor and anchor.IsVisible then
                -- hide it
                anchor.Anchor:ChangeParent( g_HiddenControls )
                anchor.IsVisible = false
            end

instead of this:
    Code:
    if isShown and plot:IsRevealed( GetActiveTeam(), false ) then
                if anchor then
                    if not anchor.IsVisible then
                        if anchor.YieldsDirty then
                        end
                        -- make it visible
                        UpdateYields(anchor, plot)
                        anchor.Anchor:ChangeParent( g_VisibleControls )
                        anchor.IsVisible = true
                    end
                else
                    -- set up new anchor: we do this only once per plot
                    anchor = {}
                    ContextPtr:BuildInstanceForControl( "Anchor", anchor, g_VisibleControls )
                    anchor.IsVisible = true
                    g_Anchors[ index ] = anchor
                    x, y = GridToWorld( x, y )
                    anchor.Anchor:SetWorldPositionVal( x, y, 0 )
                    UpdateImprovement( anchor, plot )
                    UpdateResource( anchor, plot )
                end

elseif anchor and anchor.IsVisible then
                -- hide it
                anchor.Anchor:ChangeParent( g_HiddenControls )
                anchor.IsVisible = false
            end

seem to make them appear, i will update you further if i find any other info

16. broken0sword

broken0sword Chieftain

Question for anyone who knows the answer: where can I find this dropdown menu now that I have EUI installed?

I want to access options for other mods (like Quick Turns, shown in the pic), but I don't see this dropdown menu anywhere now. If it's not enabled by default, is there a way to restore it?

17. bc1

bc1

there are simpler ways to make the code spam endless icons copies... while this improves the chance a copy might get displayed, it's only a matter of time before the game runs out of memory.
    The problem is actually: either the game event that triggers the lua code that builds the drawing requests does not fire (there are possible workarounds), or the graphics renderer ignores the drawing requests - like it sometimes does for improvements, roads, gray tiles etc... (no possible workaround). Unfortunately the latter is much more likely. EUI creates the drawing request tree only once, while the base game icon manager constantly recreates it (which is one of the reasons why it's so much slower), so the graphic renderer reacts differently.

please RTFM it's those small round icons upper right corner

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  18. Litcube

Litcube Chieftain

Hello! I just downloaded this awesome thing and most of it works great. The only problem I ran into is that tech tree won't pop up. Yes I am using other mods from: WHowards Pick N Mix mods. I'm assuming that's what breaks your tech tree.

Anyway, from what I've read on your main post, I can delete the "tech tree" module. So I'm infering that means to delete the techtree folder, which I have done: yet, no matter what I try, the techtree will still not show. Clicking on the icon, or F6, no go.

Any thoughts on how to restore the tech tree to it's original? Even if it's just via F6 key?

19. broken0sword

broken0sword Chieftain

Your UI has buttons for some of the individual menu items on that dropdown, yes, that's obvious, but only a few of them. That whole dropdown menu itself is gone, which is what I'm asking about.

Anyway, I just disabled the "DiploCorner.xml" file in EUI and got the stock DiploCorner buttons back. I see now that EUI doesn't have an equivalent to the "Additional Information" button in the stock World View. The more I compare your copy of that XML file to the stock one, the more I see what changes you made, though some things I haven't figured out (like where the code for the "Demographics" button is).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  20. Litcube

Litcube Chieftain

I figure it out. There's buttons that I needed to comment out in the Core. EUI_core_library.lua.

--!! TechPanel = { ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_CHOOSETECH },
    --!! TechPopup = { ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_CHOOSETECH },
    --!! TechTree = { ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_TECH_TREE },

@broken0sword I have that mod installed and it is showing as a button (Qui).

upload_2019-6-5_0-31-43.png