1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta44

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. Litcube

Litcube Chieftain

So I ran Civ 5, recreated the problem, immediately quit and uploaded the logs for the second issue. Is that the proper method?

Attached Files:

2. bc1

bc1

yes.
    But there's nothing in lua.log :blush: (there are errors in database.log and xml.log but those should not impact the UI)
    The only thing I can think of is to try the mods 1 by 1 to identify the conflict :sad:

3. Basck

Basck Chieftain

100% CTD while moving settler at late game. Resolve problem by temporary using EUI version 1.28g till found new city.
    Log file:

Attached Files:

• Lua.zip
      File size:
      7.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Litcube

Litcube Chieftain

I was getting those errors too. I would move the settler manually using the keypad.

5. bc1

bc1

Last lua.log entry indicates something never supposed to happen did
    If the issue is 100% please post a save game (before the crash) and actions required to trigger the crash
    Thanks!
    It's not necessarily the same issue, lua.log or better yet a save game (before the crash) and actions required to trigger the crash

6. Litcube

Litcube Chieftain

I don't think you would be able to load any of my saves, unless you would like me to pack the mods folder (which I would be happy to do).

7. bc1

bc1

yes I would need your mods...

in the meantime, could you both try the attached replacement file ?

Attached Files:

8. Basck

Basck Chieftain

Replacement file don't work, issue still exist.
    Save file and required mods attached. CTD occur when I try to move my settler, located at St.Petersburg.
    There is a way to avoid crash by moving settler via keypad. EUI 1.28g work fine also.

Attached Files:

9. Litcube

Litcube Chieftain

I will when it happens again.

10. elotar

elotar Chieftain

Is the problem of generating tourism buildings (Eiffel Tower) being shown twice in the tech tree just mine or intentional? I'm using mod giving +tourism to many other buildings, so it's a little annoying.

11. bc1

bc1

Thank ! It's much easier to fix reproducible scenarii.
    The problem here occurs when EUI attempts to highlight city plots late game to help city placement, there are too many plots for the game's graphics engine to handle -> crash. Fixed by limiting highlighting to cities within 25 plots of mouse.

12. Litcube

Litcube Chieftain

Nice! Well done.

13. jimmyjones0403

jimmyjones0403 Chieftain

hey guys. i've been trying to get my governor worked tiles to appear a different color since its so hard to see your new unlocked tiles in the sea of green as the game goes on... following the advice of Serpo and Dushku much earlier in this thread i was able to get that working which was awesome. however, i've since then started using the Community Balance Patch and i cant seem to get it to work anymore... does anybody know why? or alternatively, does anybody know of any way whatsoever that i can make the governer worked "unlocked" tiles show up as a differnet color while using the CBP? (im using the version of EUI thats packaged with which seems to be older than the newest one available). i'm not super fluent in lua or coding but with examples and a bit of trial and error i'm usually able to get done what i need lua-wise, but something in the CBP seems to break the functionality i was able to get working.

14. aabish

aabish Chieftain

The options menu is broken. I mean I when i click on options in the main menu, it doesnt show anything except the 'toolbar', like 'audio options', 'interface options', 'multiplayer options'. No actual settings, just a blank. And I cant even go back to the main menu. Is this a problem on my laptop? Someone help. I tried both the legacy version and the new beta but same result.

15. Basck

Basck Chieftain

Nice, it works. Stability increased not only in the late game, but also in the beginning.

16. Litcube

Litcube Chieftain

Anyone else's research button broken? I click it and nothing happens.

upload_2019-6-21_13-29-31.png

Attached Files:

• Logs.zip
      File size:
      262.4 KB
      Views:
  17. bc1

bc1

It's very likely a mod conflict: any mod which overwrites any of EUI's "core" files is incompatible.
    This includes standard game files GenericPopup.lua, GenericPopup.xml, Highlights.xml, IconSupport.lua, InstanceManager.lua.
    In this case I would suspect GenericPopup.lua.
    Cheers

18. Basck

Basck Chieftain

This blank button sometimes remains after getting free technology. It disappears after the next discovery.

19. jimmyjones0403

jimmyjones0403 Chieftain

hey bc1, im having another issue that i was wondering if you have any input on...

the last few games i've played (since i started used the Community Patch) my game gives me a CTD after year 2050. now, i dont know if this is a problem with EUI or the CBP, but i do know that a while back i was getting a CTD like this and i uninstalled EUI and then loaded up the game, played the turn, and saved and re-installed EUI, problem solved. i cannot recall if that was on year 2050 though, and i believe it was not.

i know the CBP uses an older version of EUI baked into it, but unfortunately manually installing the newest version of EUI doesnt seem to be compatible with CBP. anyways, do you have any thoughts as to what is causing this crash? its kind of a bummer because i had to abandon 3 interesting games, but what concerns me more is not being able to use both of these spectacular mods together without gaurenteed crashes later in the game. cheers.

20. bc1

bc1

If you can find that old non-CBP game save, and the actions needed to cause the CTD, I would be interested to have a look.