Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

unfortunately i dont have it anymore. i wish i would have kept it, sorry. i might try a non-CBP game again soon just for testing purposes though and if i have any CTD issues like that again i will be sure to document as much information as i can about what i think is causing it and keep the save for you to look at. thanks for your interest and keep up the great work.

Thank you very much for the mod, it saves a lot of time and especially helpful in a multiplayer game.
Nevertheless, I found very annoying bug in the "stable" legacy 1.28g version: other players caravan routes are not displayed properly. Usually it is impossible to see caravan routes at all, but sometimes holding left mouse button for some time on the caravan ikone makes route visible. It works occasionally and I don't know how to make it work stable. Knowing the route and the direction of caravan is very important in a multiplayer game.
Also, I have just tried new beta version and found it to be unplayable (at least for me). Moving units using "M" button is not possible, only right mouse button can be used. As a consequence, for example, it is impossible to steal a worker with an archer - only attack can be performed instead of movement. It is crucial for the multiplayer game. Hope this new feature: "unit move range is displayed" will be optional or even deleted from the mod (I bet it is responsible for this bug).

Last edited:
other players caravan routes are not displayed properly
if my recollection is correct, that's something you don't have at all in the base game. EUI does send the request to the game engine to display routes when mousing over the hex with caravan inside (not the unit flag, clicking has no effect), but when there are several caravans only the route of topmost unit (usually player's unit) actually gets displayed.
Moving units using "M" button is not possible, only right mouse button can be used. As a consequence, for example, it is impossible to steal a worker with an archer - only attack can be performed instead of movement. It is crucial for the multiplayer game. Hope this new feature: "unit move range is displayed" will be optional or even deleted from the mod (I bet it is responsible for this bug).
In move mode the right mouse button will indeed move the unit, and e.g. allow an archer to capture a worker. The only exception is a bug inherited from Firaxis UI which I have not fixed: doing so to declare war will yield inconsistent results e.g. archer will fire, not move after clicking yes on declare war popup. Consistency would require a war popup interface redesign I have no plans to make: declare war 1st and command units next.

if my recollection is correct, that's something you don't have at all in the base game
In the base game, caravan route and direction are displayed when mous is over caravan ikon (hex with caravan).
In the mod, caravan route is generally not displayied at all, as I already mentioned. So, this is a lost of important information initially provided by the base game UI.

Looking at the code, base game does display caravan route upon mouse over of unit flag icon.
I don't remember why I changed it in EUI (that was years ago), but it's very easy to change back. Done for the next beta.
Thank you very much for such a prompt fix!

I don't have this issue with v29 (the last beta I have before 35), but on 35, if I have pretty much any gameplay-affecting mod (and I've tried dozens, individually and in combinations) outside of Global Relations, Ingame Editor, and Wonder Race, I'm unable to click research/production, the tooltip doesn't show stuff on tiles, the tooltops don't show text, and the top bar doesn't show anything.

pic
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....923/CBAA2C625C0100A1D22F17DDBA8D50CA6A3C1228/

Attached. Included are 3 separate problems, with an offending mod for each (and logs). Took a while to track some down..

1) the action button labels are missing, and the top row has everything as OFF
2) plot tooltip missing
3) production button won't bring up city; clicking city manually gets you stuck with nothing there. Research screen shows nothing.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    298.6 KB · Views: 159
That seemed to fix it. This infoaddict thing is interesting. And promotion flags, and city state leaders. Any other stuff added?

Last edited:
After having the same problem and using the same solution (as above) the top panel started to display a red frame in place of the feature (for example when I discover horses/iron the red frame appers).

edit: fyi before I replace the "EUI core library file" the red frame did not appear.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Logs.zip
    5 KB · Views: 173
Any way to remove the gray vignette from the sides? It doesn't appear on the default UI, nor did it appear in older versions of the mod. I attached screenshots showing the difference between the current version (has the vignette), default UI and the 1.27 version (no vignette).

Also, there is a slight bug when you enter City View and the camera zooms to city. Once you exit City View the camera doesn't snap back to the previous zoom level you were using. Anyway, thanks for your great work and for still updating this absolutely must-have mod after all these years.

Attachments

• 20190705213227_1.jpg
    20190705213227_1.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 338
  • 20190705214026_1.jpg
    20190705214026_1.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 20190705234117_1.jpg
    20190705234117_1.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Another small request, can you change the tiny as heck "close" button in the world congress screen into a normal sized actually clickable back-button?

By the way - is there any easy way to change icon for "Demographics" button? As I remember it was something else earlier. I'm using "Global relations" mod which uses the same icon, so it's a little confusing.

Two things:

1. I always thought it was weird that when I build Leaning Tower and go to select my great person, I can cancel and go back -- but with the Long Count, I can't. Once I click I have to choose a great person, no other way out. Is that out of bounds for EUI to fix? Any other mods that do this?

2. Anybody know how to modify this to add Dushku's unlocked citizen mod? The one he posted is super old and doesn't work anymore

Top Bottom