1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29b

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. somb1990

somb1990 Chieftain

Hello. I am using version 1.29beta37 of this DLC on Linux Mint 19.1 operating system. My installation was done via Steam. The game is experiencing the following error: it simply closes itself after a few turns. Attached is the Lua.log file. What could be causing this error?

Attached Files:

2. bc1

bc1

I don't know, and the log file offers no clues.
    OS X and Linux don't seem to like EUI...

3. somb1990

somb1990 Chieftain

I understand. I will try the older version for now. Thank you!

4. Basck

Basck Chieftain

One more CTD save attached.
    100% CTD at computer turn.

Attached Files:

5. bc1

bc1

Does not crash on my rig
    I do have a modified exploration.lua script for Acken's mod (the original by Fruitstrike is inefficient).
    See attached, and try it to see if it makes a difference.

Attached Files:

6. Basck

Basck Chieftain

THX, it's works. Your exploration.lua file resolves CTD for EUI1.29beta37.
    EUI1.28g works fine with original Acken's file also.
    Do you have any other improvements for Acken's mod?

7. bc1

bc1

Apart from that and "Manually delete the Imported/UI mod folder to avoid overriding EUI's improved yield icon manager" as stated in EUI's mod compatibility section, no. But those are the only lua files in Acken's mod.

8. ThatGuyYouBeat

ThatGuyYouBeat Chieftain

Got a bit of a problem. Unit menu doesn’t appear when I load a modded game. All movements have to be done with hotkeys and I can’t promote units. Any advice on how to fix?

9. Basck

Basck Chieftain

One more crash save and required mods attached.
    CTD occurs while computer turn at both EUI versions (beta37 and 1.28g). Removing the EUI solves the problem.
    Also disabling the units list in the Interface Options section avoids the crash while EUI running.

Attached Files:

10. bc1

bc1

doesn't crash on my rig (unit list on, display all units)
    but you did'nt delete Imported/UI as recommended and as done on my rig, you might want to try that first.
    The fact that the modified Exploration.lua made a difference the previous time proves lua code efficiency does matter with respect to CTD's.

11. Basck

Basck Chieftain

Nope, I deleted it after you first mention. Only the reserve zip remains.
    Sorry for incorrect Mods.zip file, fixed it.

12. mldvn33

mldvn33 Chieftain

Hey, using the latest v1.29beta37 on windows 10, I am unable to load a game from steam cloud, there is no option for it in the menu whatsoever, am I missing something?

13. bc1

bc1

it's in the drop down menu

14. datisit

datisit Chieftain

Hey there,

I experience a CTD very frequently — although it doesn't appear to be tied to a particular in-game action.
    I'm running Civ V for mac through steam, and EUI is the only mod.

I feel that the crashes started occurring more often after I upgraded to Mac OS Mojave but I can't be sure.
    Attached is lua.log and last autosave of crashing game.
    Let me know if you need more info and I'll try to provide.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

15. fig newtons

fig newtons Chieftain

I applied Dushku's tweak for unlocked tiles to the latest beta: https://i.imgur.com/c5a94jc.jpg

Here is a patch file showing what I changed inside UI_bc1 to get this effect.

@bc1: I'm curious about what my rights are (if any) to distribute this as a derivative work. Would you be OK with that if I am careful to be explicit about attribution?

B y the way, the readme seems to be making license provisions, but they look like they are based on fair use, which is limited to the United States and does not permit distribution of derivatives. The third paragraph makes it sound like you don't want anyone to distribute derivatives of EUI at all, because that would be a "work around" for downloading and installing the original. In fact, even distribution of the original is prohibited since you only want it to be downloaded from this thread -- even hosting a perfect copy of the original would be a copyright violation. That would appear to limit me to distributing just a patch like the one I linked above. What if I wrote an installer in python that automated the process of downloading, installing, and (optionally) patching? I'm curious what you want to achieve with the license -- and that's not a rhetorical question, it is totally sincere. Because I think if it were a bit more clear it would be better for everyone.

16. rikertothebridge

rikertothebridge Chieftain

Firstly, I want to say that this is an awesome mod and a fantastic piece of work! Kudos to you @bc1 for all your hard work on not just making this mod, but continuing to support it as well :)

I returned to Civ 5 after a short break, and installed v1.29beta37 of the mod. I've noticed there appear to be some peculiar UI issues around saving and loading games, and also autosaves no longer appear to work.

First the UI issues:
    • When loading a Steam cloud save from the main menu, 'unknown' is show for the civ leader instead of their actual name:

• Inside of a game, it isn't possible to click on the type of save game selector to choose Steam cloud, the dropdown is 'greyed out' and unclickable (note it's correctly showing no saves for single player for my particular situation):

• The second time I go into save game and select steam cloud, a blank portion appear at the top of the list of the existing steam cloud saves. Note that saving of the game actually does work correctly, it just looks odd in the UI:

Now onto the auto-save issue : they just don't seem to work with the mod installed. I've listed my settings below so you can see how they are set but no auto-save files and being written to the relevant 'auto' folder. If I quit the game, remove the mod and start the game up again, auto-saves start to work again. If I reinstall the mod they stop working again. I can also confirm that the correct settings are show in the UserSettings.ini file.

I've testing this on a totally clean install of Civ 5 v1.0.3.279 with all DLCs installed and NO OTHER MODS installed. OS is Windows 10 Pro version 1903. I've attached my logs below for reference but they don't appear to show anything interesting.

If there is anything else I can provide or do to help diagnose these issues I am only too happy to help. (I cannot see any easy way to download any earlier versions of the 1.29 mod so haven't been able to try and see where these issues may have started to happen)

Attached Files:

17. aafritz17

aafritz17 Moderator Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

Well said, and I sincerely echo this.

I have one suggestion, and one question.

If I could add one thing to EUI, it would be to put those +/- (expand / contract) controls on the luxury analysis screen (produced when one hovers on Happiness icon). I often want to know where a lux is available, and by late game that section of the screen is WAY off the bottom of the monitor. If one could contract the "What's local", "What's imported", etc. sections, then the whole "What's available" section could be seen.

Question: if I happen to move my mouse during the barbarian's turn, I get an instant total-system freeze. Have to use the power switch to reboot, can't even get task manager up. Anyone else ever report that? Not at all sure it's an EUI thing.

18. bc1

bc1

bc1 updated Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta38

Should fix the following bugs:
    I don't use steam cloud, could help and check the fixes ?
    Thanks !

19. bc1

bc1

that would require a bit more rework than the time required to buy a larger monitor ;) Please note the WLK resources city banner tooltip does say where the corresponding lux is available.
    Have you tried changing the various thread settings in the game's "config.ini" ? Also there's an old bug with hyper threading on skylake intel processors, I used to have crashes like that until I disabled HT then updated the CPU microcode a few years back

20. Krio

Krio Chieftain

I noticed the end screen replay no longer works with EUI. Not that its a game breaking bug but I thought I'd mention it. However, I wanted to know if there is a UI scale option somewhere that makes playing on 4k resolutions doable. UI gets incredibly tiny when using resolutions higher than 1080p.

Thanks for your consistent work on this mod!