Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hello, I'm a korean player, and thank you for making such a nice mode!
I found some bugs, and I'd like to share them.

My PC stats: Intel i7-6700, GTX1080, Window10.
EUI v1.29beta38, played with DX11.

1. Game crash issue

The game randomly crashes, especially when I finish the current game in any way.
* Go out to the main menu
* Load a game (finishing the current game)
* Restart at the 1st turn
* During a game. (not often)

According to mdmp files, the reason is Memory Access Violation. (0xC0000005)
This problem is not because of other mods. I uninstalled and reinstalled Civ5, disabled all of my mods except EUI, and even deleted all of EUI folders except Core and Arts, but this bug keeps happening.

Please check if there is a memory access issue, especially when the current game finishes. The cause might be in Core folder.

2. I solved all below by modifying InGame\InGame.lua. I attached the file, and it would be great if you consider my changes. I tagged "--5joono" on my changes, so you can easily find what is changed.
* Aircraft strike range display bug. If you play with aircrafts, the red line indicates wrong range. It's like... aircrafts are regarded as land units, and affected by terrains. I solved this problem.
* IMO the red range indicator is somewhat distracting... so I disabled that option.
* I added some SetInterfaceMode( INTERFACEMODE_SELECTION ), so the interface mode changes natural, especially when you attack with declaring war.
* I disabled G key for showing grids, just for my tastes.
* EDIT - Nuke also has a strike range display bug, so I solved it.

YieldIconManager bug. If you play in large map, some of the yield icons disappears, especially in the area at the north-eastern-most region on the globe. Maybe there is a maximum limit of the number of yield icons? I deleted YieldIconManager because it's so heavy, though.

4. It's just my tastes. I wanted buy plot mode to follow the last status, so I modified Cityview\Cityview.lua.

Attachments

• InGame_5joono.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 284
  • CityView.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
I've been running the latest EUI for a while with limited problems (crashing mid-game, no other mods installed). However, when I went to the legacy version to see if it was more stable, it introduced resolution? issues. Now when I start the game, the menu looks fine, but when starting a game everything gets cropped at the edges. Any idea what caused this and how to fix it?

I love this mod, after playing w/o it for a short time I realized that it makes the game much better and easier to use.

bc1 updated Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta39
  • Fixed some issues, including the strike range display bug reported by 5joono
  • Added an option to disable predictive strike range display
  • Reworked display of build progress on city view and some tooltips

Turn 0. i got a "city blockaded by enemy" and "city will be razed in 0 turns" message on top of a green engine icon represent my city. What is this?

Thank you for an update!
  • Nuking doesn't require the sight of the target tile. You can even nuke a cloud-covered tile! Nuking is prevented only if an unnukable target is within the blast area. (unit or city of a civ with peace treaty or unmet civ.) So in line 974 of ingame.lua, "and plot:IsVisible( team, false )" should be removed.
  • As JNZS13 said, City ribbon has a bug. Maybe you forgot to edit UnitPanel_small.xml. BuildIcon -> CityProduction, Population -> CityPopulation
  • Would you like to deal with the crash issue? I reproduced it.
    • The game randomly crashes, especially when I finish the current game in any way.
    • Intel i7-6700, GTX1080, Window10. EUI v1.29beta39, played with DX11.
    • Lua.zip : Disabled Demographics, FrontEnd, and YieldIconManager. No other mods.
    • Lua (2).zip : Enabled all EUI modules. No other mods.
    • Memory Access Violation. (0xC0000005)

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    6 KB · Views: 256
  • Lua (2).zip
    56.1 KB · Views: 259
  • civilizationv_dx11_403694_crash_2019_11_19T22_6_22C0.mdmp
    283.7 KB · Views: 122
  • civilizationv_dx11_403694_crash_2019_11_19T22_17_55C0.mdmp
    260 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
  • Nuking doesn't require the sight of the target tile. You can even nuke a cloud-covered tile! Nuking is prevented only if an unnukable target is within the blast area. (unit or city of a civ with peace treaty or unmet civ.) So in line 974 of ingame.lua, "and plot:IsVisible( team, false )" should be removed.
  • As JNZS13 said, City ribbon has a bug. Maybe you forgot to edit UnitPanel_small.xml. BuildIcon -> CityProduction, Population -> CityPopulation
thanks, fixed in v1.29beta39a
  • Would you like to deal with the crash issue? I reproduced it.
    • The game randomly crashes, especially when I finish the current game in any way.
    • Intel i7-6700, GTX1080, Window10. EUI v1.29beta39, played with DX11.
    • Lua.zip : Disabled Demographics, FrontEnd, and YieldIconManager. No other mods.
    • Lua (2).zip : Enabled all EUI modules. No other mods.
    • Memory Access Violation. (0xC0000005)
There are no lua errors in your logs : EUI only consists of lua scripts.
I can't analyse memory dumps (most of the game code is not available anyway, only the game core dll).

@bc1 You might want to know that the latest update of Steam for the Mac seems to have changed the folder locations for Civ5.

The main DLC folder is now located at:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Civilization V.app/Contents/Assets/Assets/DLC/

**Note that the TWO nested Assets folders in the path is not a mistake**. That is the way it is on my system at present.

There is no longer a folder called Aspyr in the Documents folder on my system. Everything from there has been moved to a folder in Application Support. The Text folder mentioned in your Read Me is now located at:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Text/

And note that *Civilization 5* is not a mistake. Why it is different from the application (Civilization V) I cannot guess.

I managed to get the legacy version of EUI working on my system today (it should be noted I am still using MacOs 10.14, and NOT the latest OS, which is 10.15).

I have not yet been able to get the latest version of EUI to work. In my trial it was impossible to move units, and hitting carriage return had no effect. I will investigate at some stage.

Hope that is helpful to someone.

Citybanners, CityView, and UnitPanel do not work properly.

City banner is gone, I cannot produce anything in city view, and JNZ513's unitpanel bug happens again.

Fortunately, the crash issue didn't happen yet. I should play more.

Lua.log:
[15084.093] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\CityBanners\CityBannerManager.lua:429: attempt to call upvalue 'SetUpCityToolTips' (a nil value)
[15084.125] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\UnitPanel\UnitPanel.lua:197: attempt to call upvalue 'SetUpCityToolTips' (a nil value)
[15085.656] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\CityView\CityView.lua:1133: attempt to call upvalue 'ShowProgress' (a nil value)
[15085.656] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\CityView\CityView.lua:1133: attempt to call upvalue 'ShowProgress' (a nil value)

EDIT: Maybe you forgot to upload Core/EUI_city_library.lua.
Also, EUIoptions.ResetCityPlotPurchase is not added yet.

1.PNG 2.PNG

Last edited:
bc1 updated Civ5 Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta42. This EUI release attempts to address crash issues, fix some bugs and add some new functionality. It's part of the beta series, which means it does not get much testing : in case of problem please make as detailed a report as possible, and revert to an older EUI version.

Change log:
  1. Change the way the EUI context is loaded, so it's the last one to shut down. A crash can theoretically occur if another lua context uses EUI context data cache or functionality - most do - and after EUI context has been shut down.
  2. Cache EUI settings: only settings the user has actually changed during the game are saved at the end. This avoids noticeable lag when leaving the game (over time EUI has acquired tons of settings) and hopefully improves stability.
  3. Display unit flags on the unit ribbon, to easily find that uber-promoted battleship cruising somewhere on the map (but where ?). Also finally got the unit ribbon unit state icon to work correctly when using the fast unit cycling option.
  4. Display a movement pip on the map unit flags, to facilitate attacks with multiple units - especially those which can attack multiple times or move after attacking. It works the same way as the unit ribbon pips, except that to reduce clutter it's only displayed when a unit has partially used its moves or attacks.
  5. Several bug fixes, including the small graphical glitch reported by phillipwyllie.

Hello! @bc1. Thx for your mod. And how can i turn off info for enemy units who already do all their actions at war with me? I mean their icons greyshodowed, when they doo all actions. now hepls full wipe of unitflagmanager folders. can you adress that line at lua\xml file?

Top Bottom