1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29beta48

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. bc1

bc1

Thanks for taking the time to try things and post saves.

tried your save on my windows 10 rig, no crash

tried your save on my windows 10 rig, no crash; however the attached lua.log shows a broken EUI, you've probably not deleted entire folders (flagmanager)

2. alexander123876

alexander123876 Chieftain

Hey bc1!

Really loving this UI mod - it really makes the game that much more enjoyable. I'd go so far as to say that it's the best thing to happen to Civ 5 since BNW. Can't say enough good things about it.

That said, I've been hit with a small bug with how aircraft are displayed. The banner above a city that usually displays the number of aircraft stationed in a city is now pink, for some reason. Furthermore, I cannot click the banner above opponent cities to see a list of enemy planes stationed in enemy cities, and the banner disappears completely in enemy fog of war (in the base game I think you can see aircraft stationed in the fog of war).

I've attached a photo for reference, and save file of an example game. I'm playing on a Mac, if that makes any difference.

If this is too troublesome or not replicable - no worries - could you point me to the tag in the XML file that introduces this feature? I don't mind commenting it out and using the standard aircraft management system.

Attached Files:

3. Rowger

Rowger Warlord

Trying to update to the latest beta has a weird bug for me, the top buttons (diplomacy, economic, miltiary overview etc) are all gone. It works on regular games but not on modded ones, but I'm using the same mods as before which worked.

Edit: Ok, deleted the beta and put back my old version. Now the unit panel wont show up on modded games. Cool.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  4. cvmano

cvmano Chieftain

Thanks for checking and pointing to the install problem. Did a re-install, same problem, log files attached. But don't worry, Windows works for me or I go back to the stable version

Attached Files:

5. bc1

bc1

beta45 also crashes on Linux ?

6. cvmano

cvmano Chieftain

Unfortunately yes, same behavior, crash after "next turn".

7. bc1

bc1

Edit: v1.29beta46 is now superseeded by v1.29beta47

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Serp, arievillo and Nutty like this.
  8. Serp

Serp King

@bc1 great, will test it :)

by the way.. not sure if it is a feature or a bug:
    In multiplayer, when you end your turn, but other human players (simultanous game) did not, you are normally able to "un-end" your turn again, by clicking on the button again. But since EUI edited the ActionInfoPanel, this is no longer possible, because the button got disabled.
    I think I found the code responsible for this in setEndTurnWaiting function:
    Code:
       local playersWaiting = IsMultiplayerGame and Network.HasSentNetTurnComplete() and 1 or 0
       if playersWaiting == 1 then
           Controls.EndTurnButton:SetDisabled( true )
       end

If it is not intended by you, then I think you accidently thought this would be the same like:
    Code:
       if Network.HasSentNetTurnAllComplete() and PreGame.IsMultiplayerGame() then
           Controls.EndTurnButton:SetDisabled( true );
       end

But it is not, "HasSentNetTurnAllComplete" is different than "HasSentNetTurnComplete".
    Just in case you did not notice that.

And you can no longer rightclick eg. the policy-endturn-button to save it for later, instead you have to rightclick the notification. Unfortunately this slows down the flow of playing, but I fear this change is intended by you.
    Guess two lines could fix this, if you want, by seperating between left and rightclick and then in OnEndTurnClicked:
    Code:
            if isRight==true and player:GetEndTurnBlockingType() == EndTurnBlockingTypes.ENDTURN_BLOCKING_POLICY then -- serp, allow rightclicking the policy entdturn button to remove it
                UI.RemoveNotification( i );
            elseif i ~= -1 then
               UI.ActivateNotification( i )
           else

offtopic:
    do you know a good guide "how to autoplay" ? Googling for it only showed up IGE+singelplayer+auto-end-turn -> there are way too many popups. And then the multiplayer+observer you mentioned, but how can I see all information about the AI players, gold/science and so on? And in MP it is of course harder to test stuff, because IGE is not available.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  9. bc1

bc1

is this the case in all multiplayer modes ? i don't play multiplayer myself, so if you are sure about the code i can make the change
    if policy saving is enabled, the game core DLL should no block end turn. if there is a bug in the DLL...
    actually yes, i wrote the code for that in Rhye's catapult. Rhye should post an update with that code in the coming days...

Serp likes this.
  10. Serp

Serp King

I only play standard, but I took the code with "HasSentNetTurnAllComplete" directly from the original ActionInfoPanel, so... but I did not test it yet, maybe your code needs more adjustments, but I don't think so.
    It does not block, but the "endturn-button" is "choose policy". And if you click it left or click it right, it will open the policy menu, without changing the "choose policy" button to "endturn" (if you dont choose a policy). So there is no way to end the turn, except by rightclicking the notification instead.
    sounds good, I read the opening post from that mod, but I did not understand much :D No clue what "RFC" means and from what I understood in the description, this mod is to simulate a historical correct gameplay, mostly for AI autobattles?! What if I want normal autobattles without any other changes?

btw:
    - The game still crashes when I "play" with the new mod menu :D Did the same like I reported last time, so mods->enable IGE mod->setup game->back->load game->back->back to menu->unloading mods-> CTD. Seems not to be 100% reproducable though...
    - some strings might be off the buttons (depending on localization of course): for example the "connect to last game" in the multiplayer menu in german language.

And about TradeLogic.lua:
    I have another mod hat is changing the games original TradeLogic.lua and now I have to decide if I should delete the one from EUI or if I should merge the mod changes into EUI. I see the EUI TradeLogic.lua is a complete rewrite, so not easy to merge stuff there...
    So my question is: Do you think it is worth the hours to merge the mod into EUI trade logic? Or are the EUI changes there no gamechanger, so I can stick to the "original" TradeLogic?

Edit:
    I have a strange modconflict for YieldIconManager (YIM from other mods are deleted). I dont know which mod can cause such an error:
    Code:
    [5992.734] YieldIconManager: GameInfoCache   InGame   YieldIconManager   isHotLoad   false
    [5992.734] Runtime Error: Failed to iterate table due to query error.  Check Database.log for more details.
    stack traceback:
       =[C]: ?
       Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK_v20\UI_bc1\Core\GameInfoActualCache.lua:170: in function <Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK_v20\UI_bc1\Core\GameInfoActualCache.lua:160>
       Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK_v20\UI_bc1\YieldIconManager\YieldIconManager.lua:93: in main chunk
       =[C]: ?
    [5992.734] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK_v20\UI_bc1\YieldIconManager\YieldIconManager.lua.

And I figured out, that tablename in line 69 from GameInfoActualCache.lua is nil in this case.
    database.log:
    [10948.218] near " ": syntax error
    [10948.218] In Query - select * from ArtDefine_StrategicView where
    OK.. found out the incompatibility. It is the "workable mountains" mod, that is not compatible with EUI. Guess because EUI can not handle the new FEATURE_MOUNTAIN_YIELD feauture. Can you make it compatible? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233614126

edit2:
    And unfortunately I must tell you, that my game crashed during a local multiplayer-observer-AIBattle game. With only the original EUI 1.29_46 active. I guess the crash happens randomly, had one after ~15 rounds and in another game after ~300 rounds (starting in medival with quick speed, small map Terra with 4 AI, Windows 10)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  11. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

Hi,

Ever since the update from 1.28 to 1.29, I have had crashing issues with my Mac. Attached is one of the crash logs. Removing the mod fixes the crashing issue.

Attached Files:

12. rpablo33

rpablo33 Chieftain

Hello, I've translated your mod to spanish in my free time, latest beta version. Love your mod and wanted to give something back.

I've attached the translated strings in a 7zip file and the translated xmls in case anyone wants to use it right away.

Attached Files:

13. bc1

bc1

Ok I will check the original ActionInfoPanel code then.
    Yes it does, that's what end turn blocking is for. So it's a DLL oversight...
    What I meant is you can look at the autoplay code to figure things out, you seem good at that!
    That's too bad but I have another workaround in mind, it will be in next release.
    Do you mean the buttons are too small ? not much I can do about that.
    Mainly tooltips; if you want to use the original take care to delete the entire LeaderHead folder (files inside a given folder expect their EUI modified neighbors).
    The log does not suggest a yield problem, but rather a missing or malformed ArtDefineTag in the mod. Try changing line 169 in the cache script to "if not v and not r.ArtDefineTag then" to protect against malformed mod see if that helps.
    Well that's frustrating given the efforts put into making the mod more stable, but for now I am out of new ideas. If you have clear clues in lua.log I will look at it though.
    I had limited hopes that .46 stability improvements would work with Macs, I guess this proves they were mere illusions. And unfortunalely I cannot understand the gibberish in the logs!
    Great! Can I include these files in the next EUI update ?

Cheers

14. rpablo33

rpablo33 Chieftain

Of course, feel free to do so.

15. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

Regarding the Mac crashing, is there something else I can possibly provide that might give more insight into why the mod causes crashes on the Mac? Is there a debug function I can turn on?

16. bc1

bc1

Yes you can!
    For starters enable lua logging, see on the instructions page how to do this.
    Then provide more details: does it crash immediately, when doing something specific, or randomly during game ? The more details the better.
    Last if you have more time, you can try using EUI without some of the folders present in its root folder ui_bc1: remove them entirely from the Civilization executable root folder tree, else the game might find them. Start with only the 4 Art folders and the Core folder (EUI can't run without them), then add folders back until it crahes. That would help narrow things down significantly, but it's quite time consuming. If it crashes with only the 4 Art and Core folders, that's also informative, there are other things to try if v1.28 did not crash (since I don't have a Mac, I can't do this myself).

17. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

Here is a LUA log where the game crashed on load.

On another note, Steam has changed the location of the Civ5 files that used to be in the Documents folder. They are now located in /library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/

Attached Files:

18. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

I am also getting texture load errors on map load.

19. bc1

bc1

thanks for the inputs
    log hints at general lua memory corruption: ouch!
    was that multiplayer, without all expansions ?
    if so can u try single player / BNW and send log pls ? (need to know if due to MP, and/or due to DLC setup)
    regarding textures: did you leave the art folders in (they are supposed to prevent that) ? which texture did civ complain about (windows shows a small popup with the texture name, don't know if Mac does) ?

20. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

That was multiplayer without expansions. Single player without expansions seems to work flawlessly. I played a couple games yesterday and another today single player without any issues. Attached is the LUA log from today's single player game.

I did not remove any folders. The textures that are noted in the errors are:
    CivilopediaTopButtonsReligion.dds
    CivilopediaTopButtonsWorldCongress.dds
    bottonsides_left.dds
    Civilopedia_SearchIcon.dds

Attached Files: