1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29h

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

Something interesting I just noticed if I host a local game with the mod installed, my other computer shows 2 games on the local network games. I also cannot join the game lobby on the 2nd computer. Attached are the log files from both systems. The client is not running the mod.

Attached Files:

2. bc1

bc1

great news that EUI is working on MAC in single player !
    yes EUI has a bug for MP without all expansions, it is messing up on windows too and I am looking for a fix
    BTW your client log shows that it *is* running some version of EUI...

3. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

Looks like there is a problem in the tooltips part of EUI. See attached lua log.

Attached Files:

4. bc1

bc1

thanks for catching that, the player:GetScoreFromPolicies function is only implemented in BNW ... i always play with bnw so there may be other bugs related to non-bnw, don't hesitate to provide feedback !

Anyway i made fixes for all of the bugs you and Serps reported: please try out attached update before I upload for general distribution.

If you still have crashes, try clearing the cache before making a report. Also if windows event viewer / windows logs / application / application error report says faulting module path is CvGameDatabaseWin32FinalRelease.dll, then I don't know how to fix that beyond clearing cache and hoping this was a random event.

Edit: i made another candidate, see post below

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  5. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

Tried again this evening. The game crashed a few times and each time I removed folders. Unfortunately, the log file did not appear to record anything that would explain the cause of the crash. I removed 4 folders and the crashing seemed to stop. The folders removed were: FrontEnd, Options, PlotHelp, and PopupsGeneric. Hope that's partially helpful. Next time I play, I will add one of those folders back in and see if anything happens.

6. bc1

bc1

thanks for taking the time to do all that ! when making reports, pls make sure you differentiate crashes pregame and ingame : let's focus on ingame stability first.

i am surprised Options and PopupsGeneric would have an effect on stability; FrontEnd I would expect to impact only pregame stability; however PlotHelp is interesting because other than clearcut code improvements vs 1.28, I changed from using context refresh to animation timer : that's the way it's done in civ 6 and it's more efficient. I have had animation timer issues before with civ 5 : there may be bugs in the civ 5 game engine in that area.

So in the attached candidate2, I reverted PlotHelp back to context refresh, please check if that does the job !

Cheers

7. Djosjowa

Djosjowa Chieftain

I've encountered two bugs with this mod: I cannot select units and the city screen is all bugged out. When I remove the mod and open the same save again, the problems aren't there.

Information

System: Windows
    Civ version: 1.0.3.279
    DLC: gods and kings, brave new world and some nation packs
    Mod version: both 1.28 stable and 1.29 beta

Bug 1
    I cannot select units either by clicking on them or by clicking on the a unit needs orders button. Removing the unit panel folder fixes the problem.

Bug 2
    The city state view is completely bugged out, I've added a screenshot: I cannot select buldings or units to create, the city yields ar not visible, there is no name. Also the return button doesn't work, but there is a return in the top right corner of the screen that does work. So maybe all the buttons and information are translated wrong so they are largely of screen? When I remove the city view folder, this bug is fixed (because I get the standard city view).
    upload_2020-6-14_15-21-10.png

I've added the save game for good measure, but I don't know if that is useful.

Attached Files:

8. bc1

bc1

do you mean you have both EUI versions installed at the same time ? that clearly won't work, please refer to EUI install instructions.
    before you start picking EUI apart (fat chance of success!), try following the install instructions carefully : where to place the files, how to activate logging and post lua.log in case of problems.
    And you need to say what mods you have active, lots of mods are not compatible, that includes CBP/VP (use the modded EUI provided, itself incompatible with the base game).

9. Djosjowa

Djosjowa Chieftain

Okay, that was a bit unclear. I meant I encountered the bug with both versions separate: so I removed the files from the beta version before pasting the files from the stable version. I followed all the installation instructions. I didn't do the logging part yet, I'll look into that. I had the Takmod 2.0 installed, but also tried it without that and it didn't chance the situation.

Edit: I just noticed that I had the faster aircraft movement and south african civ mods installed in steam. I just started playing again after a four year break, so I forgot about them. I'll try it without those mods

Edit2: Okay, I found the issue: it was the Takmod. I moved it to another folder to disable it, but civ was still trying to load it. After deleting it completely i could select units agian and the city view was no longer bugged. Is there a known way to use both mods? The takmod is the heir to the nq mod and nq and EUI could work together right?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  10. bc1

bc1

no takmod is completely incompatible with EUI
    but u can try deleting *all* of the UI stuff from takmod and try, it probably mostly works !

11. Djosjowa

Djosjowa Chieftain

Yeah, in this reddit threat somebody in the comments says which files you need to delete/rename. I'm gonna try that out. The two bugs I mentioned above weren't happening at least. This was with the stable version btw, with the beta I could select units but not move them. Probably there are some other conflicting files.
    Spoiler :

singleplay0r
    Its just the user interface changes which overlap with EUI, you have to check the luas/xmls which are present in both mods. We exclude (rename) the following files in NQMOD 13 to make it fully compatible with EUI 1.28g (except for the CityStatePopup feature, which has to be disabled to enable CS faith buy).

"ui" folder in "Mods": MiniMapPanel, TopPanel, UnitPanel xmls und luas
    root UI folder: CityView.lua and LeaderHeadRoot.lua

Of course some user interface features of NQMOD (like the streamer panel) are gone, but the gameplay is fully working (to my knowledge). I can understand that you do not want to invest time to make it compatible, but it would be helpful if you can try to avoid editing user interface files (if these changes are not absolutely needed for new features). For example, the both mentioned files in the UI folder were not part of NQMOD 12.4, I am not sure what they are actually doing in NQMOD 13.

[\spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2020
  12. bc1

bc1

then use the legacy EUI version, because EUI has quite evolved over 4 years, you would need to delete all UI luas/xml from NQMOD except perhaps citystatepopup
    for example takmod modifies the ingame lua just to load itself, that alone breaks EUI (there are so many other ways to do that...)

13. Arabas

Arabas Chieftain

Looks like you got it bc1. Just played a multiplayer game with the candidate2 and had no crashes.

14. Djosjowa

Djosjowa Chieftain

I played some 100 turns with the legacy eui and takmod, no issues so far. Eui is so much nicer than the base game, especially in the city view! The Takmod guy said he wasn't too experienced with modding, so that probably why he isn't using the most optimal solutions.

15. Geneister87

Geneister87 Chieftain

Hey guys,
    Quick question: When you hover over the "leader-heads" on the right side of the screen, where all your good (green) and bad (red) interactions with the specific leader are shown, what does the greyed out lines (ghosted) suppose to mean? Im wondering for so long now, but havent found an answer yet. Does it mean, that this interaction will soon loose their impact between us?

Thanks ahead
    Greetings

Edit: No one has a clue? :-/
    It really ****s me up cause i cant figure it out myself....

I added a screenshot as an example. In this one, one information (they seek for parts of my land) is greyed out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  16. ChrizKye

ChrizKye Chieftain

Hello, I have been having issues on the tooltip it keeps getting stuck, It only gets stuck on science, policy, faith, happiness and gold on the top left.

and I want a fix to fix it quickly. EDIT: but if there aren't then I'll wait for future updates. I'm getting used to it little by little. if people have the same issue and it's taking to much screen try pointing your mouse to iron or horses. I'll just switch to the stable version

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

The current beta version is completely non functional for hotseat because you can't set up games properly:

Hotseat screen acts as a regular lobby screen when it shouldn't. You can't add more human players and can't rename your "player" either.

18. Jason Decrae

Jason Decrae Chieftain

It isn't -literally- greyed out. Think of dark red, instead of bright red. I assume you're talking about the sentence "Sie begeheren Ländereien, die sich in Eurem Besitz befinden" ("They covet lands that you currently own")

As you say these are good and bad interactions (relationship modifiers). Dark red or greyed out red is less bad than bright red.
    'Covet lands' can be +10 to +30 towards a negative relationship.
    You denounced them is +35.

Read more about it here, under the header: "Diplomatic Boosts and Penalties":
    https://www.carlsguides.com/strategy/civilization5/diplomacy.php

19. Zaaknafein

Zaaknafein Chieftain

Thx for the quick patch, I'll try it when I have sometimes !
    I had found an "alternate solution" for the hot seat => Launching the game with an old version of EUI, creating the hotseat game, saving and loading with the new version...
    Anyway, I did get a crash on my last hot seat game after ~200 turns with 1.29b47, so I had to get back to 1.28 and it worked fine.

20. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

*hyper-ventliating* we're not worthy! we're not worthy!

I'm amazed, and it doesn't crash on load which is wha tplagued the Custom Advanced Set up! This is amazing (plus, the Human players retain their leader names so you don't end up with "Player 2" either! which means no longer trying to figure out how to name my leaders whose character length exceed nickname limit!

I never understood why Firaxis never bothered to at the very least implemented a Hotseat.

I'd marry you if you'd found a way to load Scenario levels somehow, but I presume that would require some serious thinking.

You have no idea but you MADE my day.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020