1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29h

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. bc1

bc1

Are you trying to get Really Advanced Setup to run in multiplayer ?
    Enhanced User Interface is a DLC and will run in multiplayer.
    Really Advanced Setup is a MOD, by default mods are not available in multiplayer.

2. Furaites

Furaites Chieftain

Ah Ok, well then It is probably my Mistake, I like Enhanced User Interface, but I was under the influence it would make the mod usable in Multiplayer.

If I am mistaken, please do inform me, either way I plan on keeping your "DLC".

Cheers

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

No, the E.U.I works fine in MP, I've played 2 if not more online games with it.

You stick it into the DLC folder... as you are aware..

bc1 is refering to a different mod, called the Really Advanced Setup, which is still a mod and cannot be used (as of yet, until Firaxis decides to release something other than a scenario) in multiplayer games.

4. bc1

bc1

I became bored with the spinning globe bug during AI diplomacy, and discovered a crucial coding mistake that prevents proper initialization of the trade screen (took me slightly over 5 minutes to indentify & fix this 6-month old bug :rolleyes:).

Since the bug may also be the reason for the severe diplomacy exploit in multiplayer, I updated EUI immediately for users to check this out (version 1.13 lived only 2 days :lol:).
    Only players using EUI would be prevented from using the exploit. Rememer that the game does not check that all playes have EUI, and that EUI will not appear in the game's DLC list.

Version 1.14 (February 19th, 2014)
    • BugFixes: fix diplomacy bug with spinning globe mouse cursor
    • NotificationPanel: open religion popup immediately when creating or enhancing a religion with a great prophet

5. TheMarshmallowBear

Does the latter (Religion Popup) also work with Reformation or is it only like the log says, founding/enhancing religion

6. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I added right-clicking the Diplo globe (right top) for immediate access to the WC... do you want the file? (I'm not sure, but I assume for that small change we have to include the entire Diplo lua file... that is what I did).

7. junkiddo

junkiddo Chieftain

Hi!

First of all I'd like to thank you for this wonderful MOD, very neat indeed.
    Now then, I combined your EUI + CSD (City-State Diplomacy MOD - Gazebo) by following your instructions and worked beautifully.

I want to know if there is a way to make it work with [EUI + DLL of WHoward (CSD + CDF)]? Any help would be awesome!
    Thanks in advance.

junkiddo

8. alexkhane

alexkhane Chieftain

I've noticed the notification panel column now shows up on top of other UI elements, such as the diplopanel. Is that something you introduced in an update, or something I inadvertently did while poking around and making my own customizations?

9. whismerhill

whismerhill Chieftain

for the 1.14 fix do you need to start a new game for it to be effective ?

I'm asking because I upgraded to 1.14 in a running game and I just got that bug where once you get out of diplomacy you stay with the spinning globe mouse cursor.
    I fixed it by opening civilopedia.

that said maybe I have a mod which would overwrite your fix ??? is there any file I should look for ?

thanks.

edit: I asked about the files, because it can't repeat that bug at will.

10. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

11. bc1

bc1

The log is correct, but it's an oversight, immediate reformation popup will be in the next version
    You don't need to change the entire file - it's possible to create a simple InGameUIAddin which hijacks the callback from the UI control identified using LookUpControl
    Great news! Thanks for reporting that it works
    It should work, although CDF will overwrite the top panel. I have posted on CDF's forum thread suggestions to make CDF fully compatible with EUI
    I messed that up all by myself :lol:... to be fixed in next release
    No, it works whenever EUI is active
    The bug I fixed may not be the only bug left in the game :lol: And mod incompatibility could cause that too
    The fixed files are in EUI's "BugFixes" folder: DiploTrade.lua and SimpleDiploTrade.lua. But inopportune changes to TradeLogic.lua could also cause such problems
    Great! Should make it easy now to use both simultaneously, thanks for adding the instructions too
    Please excuse my ignorance, but where do those added "Embassies" show up ? On the map, on the city state popup, top panel, city view ... ? There will be a different solution in each case

12. iamdanno

iamdanno Warlord

@bc1, have you ever seen the "religion spread" MOD? It added a minimap to the religion dialog that had each religion in the game color coded using a city's cultural border. Is there any possibility of adding that functionality to your DLC?

BTW, good job on EUI; it improves the game immensely.

13. bc1

bc1

Whoward69's UI - Religion Spread ? Not tried myself, but according to Whoward69 the mod should be compatible with EUI

14. teachingking

teachingking Chieftain

Just installed this Mod. When I mouse over a tile, I no longer see its description or yield in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

15. TheMarshmallowBear

I am making a mini-scenario mod that changes few things via XML only... However, for whatever the reason I've noticed that when hovering over the Royal Library (now known as the Papal Archives) the LUA breaks pointing to one of the UI_bc1 assets and a nil value.. would you have ANY idea why that is?

Spoiler :

16. bc1

bc1

RTFM :lol: this is a feature, designed to remove duplicate clutter (look below your mouse pointer)
    You might want to double check the CivilizationType you gave your BuildingType in Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides table, it does not seem to match any civilization Type in the Civilizations table (and note how this does not crash EUI, like it would the base game UI :D)

17. TheMarshmallowBear

Unfortunately... the Override matches the right civ

Code:
    	<Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>
    		<Row>
    			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_ROME</CivilizationType>
    			<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_LIBRARY</BuildingClassType>
    			<BuildingType>BUILDING_ROYAL_LIBRARY</BuildingType>
    		</Row>
    	</Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>
    What I'm thinking is this is a strange side-effect I seem to be experiencing.. I've noticed that depending on what I modify certain civs will stop updating certain parts of the game (i.e if I try and update new civilopedia tags they don't work, and suddenly they start to work, or if i update their icon atlases it seems to reset it).

I dno't think this would be caused because I didn't delete Assyria's Override as the game is allowed to give same building overrides to multiple civs.. right (i.e if they gave Byzantium and Rome say a Hippodrome or whatever).

The only change here is that the Royal_Library is simply renamed to Archives and the Icon is that of Theology.. which could be the issue.... (missing atlases?)

18. bc1

bc1

Try it with deleting Assyria's Override, the UI is not expecting multiple overrides to the same building.
    Also check if the civ has an Adjective ?
    Last, if you experience strange problems with the database, you might want to clear the cache.

19. teachingking

teachingking Chieftain

Thanks. I see that you need to hover over the tile for a couple of seconds before the info shows up.

Manual? We don't need no stinking manuals...

20. bc1

bc1

:( the instruction manual takes a stinking amount of time to write up and maintain