1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29a

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. lucidlobster

lucidlobster Chieftain

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking at a fix for the camera behavior mentioned in your last Salty Shake video. The scenario is

1. Select a unit with movement points far away from one of your cities
    2. Select said city
    3. Escape the city screen
    The camera will jerk all the way back to the far unit. I was curios if you had any opinion on what a good behavior would be instead of this. Maybe just not move the camera? Switch to closer unit instead? More complicated but perhaps useful, I'm not sure.

In CityView.lua, there is a callback function added to
    Code:
    Events.SerialEventExitCityScreen.Add...
    Here's what I'm using currently and I like it. The unit remains selected but not focused.

Code:
        -- Try and re-select the last unit selected
        if not UI.GetHeadSelectedUnit() then
            local unit = UI.GetLastSelectedUnit()
            if unit and unit:MovesLeft() > 0 then
                UI.SelectUnit( unit )
                -- UI.LookAtSelectionPlot() comment this out to avoid the camera jerk.
            end
        end

2. Dushku

Dushku Prince

@lucidlobster: Thank you for this! I agree that it's easier to avoid, but since I often enter city view by keyboard command, the camera isn't already in the area to select a different unit. And sometimes I wouldn't want to.

I might later comment out the entire part of highlighting last unit. Will have to try this and see if it fits my mannerisms. Thanks for noticing and sharing your fix :)

3. ZarkinFardwarks

ZarkinFardwarks Chieftain

Upgrading from EUI 1.28g to 1.29beta50 seems to break compatibility with InfoAddict in some ways.

First off, just a minor thing: In 1.29beta50, the base-game demographics button in the top right uses the colored graphs as an icon, i.e. the same as InfoAddict. In 1.28g, the demographics button instead used a thumbs up/down symbol, so you could easily differentiate demographics and InfoAddict.

The main problem, however, is that 1.29beta50 breaks compatibility with the DLC version of InfoAddict (I'm referring to this version: Info Addict). It works fine with 1.28g, but when using 1.29beta50 together with the DLC version of InfoAddict, I can't move any of my starting units. The non-DLC version of InfoAddict seems to work with 1.29beta50 (although the icon issue mentioned above is present there as well), but since I'd prefer to use the DLC version of InfoAddict, I'm hoping that someone has an idea for fixing this.

In any case, thanks for continuing to improve this mod!

4. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Off the top of my head, there is one thing you can try. When MPMPM was used to convert InfoAddict to DLC form, it copies over some file from other places. Here, it's EUI 1.28g. Which means the DLC IA that you linked is trying to use some files from 1.28g at a time when you're otherwise trying to use 1.29beta50.

If you look in your DLC\FIXED_INFOADDICT_NEBLET_DIPLO_VAL_EUI_128g folder, you'll find a folder called UI that will have the files CityView.lua, InGame.lua, and LeaderHearRoot.lua. Backup these files and then copy their couterparts from 1.29beta50 into this place. I cannot guarantee that it will work, but it's what I would try.

Otherwise, you'll have to use MPMPM and IA to remake the DLC yourself. Let me know how it goes please.

5. ZarkinFardwarks

ZarkinFardwarks Chieftain

In the DLC\InfoAddict\UI folder, there's only a single file, InGame.lua. I tried replacing it with the file from EUI 1.29beta50, but that ended up simply disabling InfoAddict.

According to the Steam workshop description for MPMPM, it seems to be quite complex to turn a mod into a DLC, so I'm not sure I'll get around to doing that. Especially since EUI 1.29 is still in beta and additional updates might break things again. I might just not use InfoAddict or go back to EUI 1.28g for now, and hopefully, the compatibility will be restored at some point. Anyway, thanks for the help. :)

6. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

does anyone know what file should be deleted in order to prevent unit movement boundaries from showing up on the map in the beta?

7. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

So, fun fun fun... hotseat stuff.. yeah

So once in a while I'll reinstall Civ 5 and kinda check out the progress of this mod.

So, great news! You can rename Player 1, bad news is, you can't do that to the other human players, so in-game the notifications for deals and what not defaults to an empty string ( has proposed a deal) instead of ( Theodora has proposed a deal).

If you need to double check this stuff feel free to ping me I'll be glad to offer myself as a guinea pig, I know that hotseat is a niche section of players.

8. AntiKycb

AntiKycb Chieftain

1. Game version 1.0.3.279(180925), EUI 1.28g
    2. All DLC from Appstore, no other mods except EUI
    3. Mac, macOS 10.15.7
    4. Randomly crashes, sometimes after a turn, sometimes after clicking on the cell. Attached a video, it shows that the game crashed during the computer's turn.
    At first I didn't notice and installed EUI 1.29beta50, the game was crashing, I wanted to write a bug report. On the point "check that you have a stable version of EUI" I noticed that I have a beta. Installed stable - deleted the UI_bc1 beta version folder, copied the stable version folder, cleared the cache, the game still crashed. Reinstalled the game completely, even manually deleted the remaining folders with saves, cache and others, but the game still crashes even with the stable version of the mod.
    The Lua.log file is almost empty, although I enabled logging in the config.ini file
    Also in the archive file with the text from the system crash report, it was in the video

Attached Files:

Teemo Tebest likes this.
  9. Teemo Tebest

Teemo Tebest Chieftain

I have the exact same issue.

10. mbranson

mbranson Chieftain

Same here. The lua.log file has nothing in it. It's frustrating because I love this enhanced interface and I'll have a really fun game going and then it crashes and I'm unable to resume it.

11. Teemo Tebest

Teemo Tebest Chieftain

The game crashes also randomly but this latest crash is also related to a missionary spreading religion at the same turn as the crash happens.

edit: I have Macbook 2012, 8gb ram, if that has anything to do with the issue.

edit2: If I remove EUI the crash doesn't happen.

edit3: I removed the folder "UnitFlagManager" and since then I have experienced zero crashes.

edit4: I restored the folder "UnitFlagManager" and the game crashed after just two turns with the same error.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  12. Teemo Tebest

Teemo Tebest Chieftain

It seems to work, thank you so much! Much appreciated :) I have been able to play 30+ turns without problems.

But now I'm stuck because of this bug (not related to EUI). The game crashes every time when the AI liberates a city state.

edit: and if anyone else is experiencing this bug I was able to bypass it by installing the game on a Linux, playing the round on that machine.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  13. TheMarshmallowBear

It works.. kinda. The Player Names now stick, but the "host" or Player 1's auto-defaults to "Player 1" instead of a chosen name.

14. bc1

bc1

Great news !
    That doesn't sound like a big deal, does it ? If you want this fixed, assume I know nothing and explain in detail

15. TheMarshmallowBear

Basically, with the current "set-up", changing the Nickname of Player 1 simply doesn't work, and in-game, they are always known as Player 1 even if you set it to something else, while Players 2+ are referred to by their chosen Nicknames.

So if we have a 6 player game of Anna, Beatrice, Cassandra, Darren, Edith and Fatima.

In-game, the players are Player 1, Beatrice, Cassandra, Darren, Edith and Fatima.

It's not a huge deal-breaker, but it does take you out of immerssion if you are like me (who likes to RP) and see "Player 1 has declared war on Fatima".

16. TheMarshmallowBear

When I first reported the bug, you could change the first player's username, but other players weren't available, and the game somehow assumed that those nicknames were just empty string (so you had nothing in it when game refers to so you have Lord of Byzantium).

By default, in the Advanced Setup Mod and what not, the first player is always Player 1, while the others adopt the leader names (this is before you added support for Hotseat, which, fyi, I am incredibly grateful).

Going to try out the candidate 2 now and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: I can confirm candidate2 works - All players are now correctly named and referenced in the game.

EDIT 2: OMG! I just realised you can use WorldBuilder scenarios and they WORK! HOW!? DID!? YOU!? MANAGE!? I've DREAMT for YEARS of ModSupport and Scenario play in Hotseat! AND YOU CRACKED IT AND DID IT! Makes me mad at Firaxis for not doing it themselves! My dream of playing out the Into the Renaissance Scenario in Hotseat for the first time ever is now possible! (if I can just bypass their built in game setup, there's gotta be way to revert to the standard and just load the Map itself)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  17. bc1

bc1

bc1 updated Civ5 Enhanced User Interface v1.29a

v1.29a is more stable and reliable than old v1.28g ever was, has better performance, and more functionality.

Improvements compared to v1.29beta50:
    • bug and crash fixes
    • tooltip improvements

18. uali698100

uali698100 Chieftain

I am new on this. This is awesome but I have some issues with this version.
    I want to play mod "WWII European Theatre" but when I check both of them and click on "Single Player" on next stage "Civilization Select Option" did not work and also "Ingame Editor (v 39)" also not open except for this issue mod work fine. I think so because I only play for one turn.
    here the pic of mods and others
    are these mods not compatable with this?

on the other hand dlc mod play fine with this and the version of civ v is 1.0.3.144 and other mods version are:
    1)Ingame Editor (v 39).

2)WWII European Theatre (v 5).
    WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 2 of 2 (v 18).

3)Civ5 Enhanced User Interface v1.29a

without this interface these work fine with "Civilization select Option" and others

Screenshot 2020-11-07 203623.jpg Screenshot 2020-11-07 203827.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  19. bc1

bc1

logs ?

20. uali698100

uali698100 Chieftain

I think the problem is after clicking on "single player" in mod there is no option to select "custom game" or "set up game" and "custom game" open in "single player" and there is no option for "select leader" in custom game. This option only available in "set up game" not in custom game". I checked this after deleting "enhanced-user-interface".

and sorry for "ingame editor" issue previously because this mod work fine as you see in log.
    I did not why?
    thanks

Attached Files:

• Lua.txt
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020