Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Wow! Version 1.29A shows extraordinary stability.
No crashes in 5 days of playing with mods on a very old PC with low memory. It seems that EUI is not only bug-free by itself, but also improves the stability of the base game.
Congratulations, great job!

Wow! Version 1.29A shows extraordinary stability.

yeah yeah, awesome.

So..constructive criticism here;

It is very sad to deprive those who like your mod of a complete game experience. I love your mod since always and the new version is great but...

The best dll of all is CP by far. Much better than the one you describe as excellent. It may be good, but it is ultra outdated and does not provide many challenges.
What remains for me and hundreds of other users is not to use your mod. (Not that you care, i know)
Because between a beautiful interface and a challenging AI, guess what the overwhelming majority choose?

But hey, we're in a democracy, right? The same right that you have to make mods incompatible, I have to talk about it.

cheers.

guess what the overwhelming majority choose?
With the greatest respect, actually, this is not a guess. In psychology it is known as a cognitive bias called (in English) the False Consensus Effect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect). This leads people to think that their personal view is more representative of the general opinion than is actually the case. In order to know reliably what "the overwhelming majority choose" it would be necessary to conduct an exhaustive survey of a representative sample. In discourse it is quite a common tactic to use rhetorical devices such as "everyone knows that", or "most people would agree", when there is actually no basis in fact for making such statements. This type of device is known as a "consensus warrant" and is intended to bolster an argument when there is no actual data to support the proposition. I seem to be unable to browse the internet without coming across examples of it, which is not a surprise because everyone displays these cognitive biases (they operate below the level of consciousness, so we are unaware of them most of the time).

All of which is to say that in truth we have no idea what most people want from Civ because we haven't asked most people. And perhaps it needs pointing out that including a dll would make the mod incompatible for all players who use a Mac (I am one, though I have usually played on a Virtual Windows system in more recent times). Then again, I am not a good player, and a better AI is not something I need. I can barely cope with the standard AI. To conclude, I think whichever choice the developer makes, sadly, someone is going to be dissatisfied.

Cheers.

[EDIT]: Since posting this i have figured out the problem, please ignore.
So, i got this bug that's been occurring since i installed EUI. Basically what happens, is when i hover Resource icons, the info box that pops up is bugged. For instance, if i hover over my Science, culture, faith, or Gold info, the info box pops up fine for each. But after i look at those boxes, when i go to look at my Gold or Marble luxury, or any other Resource, that info box for Gold, faith, culture, etc, bugs and pops up hovering over resource icons, and even city banners.

At first i had a problem where my city banners didn't show up. I fixed that problem by removing a citybanner.lua file in one of my Mod's files.
Then this bug occurred.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I included some screenshots of the bug for reference...

Spoiler Image 1 :
1.JPG

Spoiler Image 2 :
2.JPG

Spoiler Image 3 :
3.JPG

Spoiler Image 4 :
4.JPG

Last edited:
Hello,

Your EUA is excellent!
You should rename it however, to, "CIV-IVs UI"! Which, btw, is part of what I think your work is so great!

Anyways, I saw you were still active, so I thought I would chance an account to post a question / favor / request / lil help...
Your work functions with mods as stated, however, there is an incompatibility with Sukritact's Main Menu 1.0 , the only other mod I have that gets added to the assets folder like yours.
(For the record, what happens is when starting a game via the MOD menu, after clicking single player,it just sits there forever. It doesn't crash. You can even click "back" to exit the screen.)

I was hoping you would tell me how to merge them. Ive tried, but Im just a hack, so Ive had no success.

Any chance you could fabricate your own mod to display custom loading screens, custom menu screens / music - that just then by default would not conflict with the EUI?
(I like how Sukritacts mod take the action panel out and slim lines the buttons on the bottom of the screen too!)

Hey, I used to be a moder way back years ago. I know what its like getting requests and answering questions and all. So, thanks for your time, and look at my msg here!

has anybody found a way to make the entire UI a lot bigger? It's extremely small, especially on 4k monitors. Switching to 1080p even quite make it big enough.

For reference for myself and anyone using Lekmod v26, managed to appear to get 1.29a EUI working by deleting the following subfolders from EUI.
  • CityStatePopup
  • TechTree
  • UnitPanel
  • CityBanner
  • Tooltips
  • UnitFlagManager
  • InGame (Otherwise units cannot move)
  • FrontEnd (Advanced custom game menu is otherwise corrupted)

I just started a new game using this mod and love it so far, but Babylon can't fire at barbarians. I click the fire button, and don't get the targeting arrow I'm used to getting when I hover over the Brute, and when I left-click on him nothing happens.

Anybody know whether the mod author(s) monitor this forum? I'd like to provide any info I can to help debug the issue I'm seeing with not being able to fire city defenses.

Anybody know whether the mod author(s) monitor this forum? I'd like to provide any info I can to help debug the issue I'm seeing with not being able to fire city defenses.
The developer last posted on 10 November. For what it is worth, I don't have any problems using the Mod.

I noticed a weird bug recently when playing single player. The only MOD I use is the EUI. Anytime I try to trade with an AI, we both have all resources available but not tradable, and the speech area is replaced with "Message Area For AI."

Doing some digging, I'm theorizing this is being caused by something going wrong with Leaderhead. I deleted Leaderhead from the EUI folder, and it seems to have fixed it. I'm running the latest version of the EUI, f.

I am experiencing this exact bug right now and this is the only forum post I have found online about it. Please tell me you have found a solution and receive this message as well, I am desperate.

Now that it's 2021 it'd be extremely nice if this mod could also have a 1440p and 4k version so I don't have to pull out my bino's to read things...

I'm having an issue with EUI where I can't continue a multiplayer game. When I try to load my multiplayer save, I am returned to the main menu, and then I can't really do anything anymore except exit the game. I can load the save and resume the game fine if I remove EUI.

Thanks all for your bug reports but please include at least lua.log if you want me to do anything about it
It merely says "[2103756.484] Initializing Lua 5.1.4" and nothing else, though. Possibly I don't have logging enabled, I don't really know.

Anyway, I managed to work around my issue by deleting the FrontEnd directory, so I get the original initial menus.

Hey bc1, firstly just to say that the fact you're still about updating this fantastic 'mod' is pretty insane, so thanks :)

I've come across a bug recently that I don't know if you can help with.

I've been playing an, admittedly heavily modded, game that been going really well for a while, but when I booted it up again recently the ActionInfoPanel list with all the diplo icons info down the right hand side has glitched. The list of civs and city states doesn't actually update any more between turns and the city states have wierd glitchy icons appearing next to their city state icons. It's annoying because I'm going for a diplo victory and I can't easily see which city states are changing in and out of my ally list.

I've also noticed that some city state name tags have disappeared from above their on-map city.

The game is still playable and the actual diplo relations still exist and work, its just that the EUI doesn't immediately show it. And the weird thing is that it was working perfectly until I closed the game to take a break and then booted it up again, which I thought might mean that it was a mod that I've been using. I've already tried deleting the cache, which didn't do anything.

Screenshots and lua log attached. It should be noted that I've looked at the lua log and it mentions a lot of mods coding for civs that aren't in this particular game I'm playing

I have the UI_bc1 folder in assets\DLC (unless it has to be in the expansion pack 2 folder?)

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• civ bug city state icons.png
    civ bug city state icons.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
  • civ bug city state screen.png
    civ bug city state screen.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • lua log.txt
    105.6 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom