Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. iFlyAllTheTime

iFlyAllTheTime Chieftain

This is inside the enhanced UI folder. I don't see any readme files
    upload_2021-7-22_10-35-1.png

also, I'd installed it more than two years ago. So I don't know what I had downloaded at the time and the folder I have has no version name.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  2. Hunnenkönig

Hunnenkönig Chieftain

Please have a look at the above screenshot I made. Someone posted the same issue a few days ago, so I decided to make a screenshot of it. In the latest version 1.29h, the hovering over tooltips for "unique cultur objects/units" is missing in the loading screen. You can see that underneath of "Rammbock", there is only the name "Rammbock" repeated, but the description is missing.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    iFlyAllTheTime likes this.
  3. iFlyAllTheTime

iFlyAllTheTime Chieftain

I love everything that this mod does to death, but that is one minor annoyance I wish I could toggle off.

@bc1 could you please let me know if there's a quick way for me to remove that icon by editing one of the files? I'd be even more so grateful than I already am. Thank you very much!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  4. iFlyAllTheTime

iFlyAllTheTime Chieftain

I can confirm this exact bug in my game too!

5. psparky

psparky Prince

That's IGE, not EUI

6. arievillo

arievillo Warlord

7. 4eeee

4eeee Chieftain

Edit: nevermind, I realized that my version is out of date at this point, so no bug reports here x)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  8. Terkaza

Terkaza Chieftain

game version is 1.0.3.279
    I have all expansions and DLCs, playing on PC,

tried to update EUI (and rebuild the mpmp) to play VP multiplayer with the mpmpm, now when I want to host internet game it asks me a god damn smtp password which I never entered or used, refusing to do anything when clicking accept and knowing that smtp is for pitboss games, not internet games
    what is going on?

9. crobartie

crobartie Chieftain

can't move units in version 1.29h, in 1.28 working ok
    after deleting Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\InGame folder working ok, but without some functionality

10. psparky

psparky Prince

VP is not compatible with the latest EUI - use the version included with VP.

11. mbbcam

mbbcam Prince

I haven't experienced any problems, so I would guess there is something about your setup that is conflicting with EUI.

12. crobartie

crobartie Chieftain

Is it better to remove \InGame folder in 1.29h version (it's not my idea, someone else had the same problem) or just use the oldest EUI?
    I used to play VP + EUI 1.28g and from what I remember, errors popped up in the later turns, so I couldn't continue the game.
    New version is:
    More stable and reliable than old 1.28g ever was, it has better performance and more functionality:
    • bug and crash fixes
    Logic tells me to use version 1.29h and delete the InGame folder (especially WorldView.lua and WorldView.xml files) or just not use EUI at all...
    Is this folder very important? What are you advising me?

13. psparky

psparky Prince

I believe the InGame hack is related to making a modpack. But I think your problem is much more fundamental - VP is not compatible with the latest EUI 1.29.

Depending on exactly how you attempt it you will either be missing a large number of necessary changes to EUI for it to work with VP, or you will be picking up a mix of 1.28 and 1.29 files. Either way, it won't work.

crobartie likes this.
  14. crobartie

crobartie Chieftain

thnx
    I will just use 1.28g with latest VP

psparky likes this.
  15. kiddkamali

kiddkamali Chieftain

Hello! First off, I love the mod! I'm relatively new to civ, and this mod has made my civ 5 experience incredible. I honestly can't play without it at this point.

To get to my issue, the Diplomacy List on the right side only shows the negative and positive parts of my relationship with the ai, rather than the wonders, policies, deals, resources, etc. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod and clearing the game cache, but none of that did anything. I see in the options you can disable the Diplomacy List, but nothing else to do with it. The pic below shows what it looks like.

Further, I play a modded game online with some friends and the full tooltip shows up then, so this only occurs when I'm playing by myself. I've tried uninstalling all of my mods and removing my modpack and I get the same issue.

Attached Files:

16. mbbcam

mbbcam Prince

Do you have to turn off the single player score list under options? I can't remember what the instructions say.

17. kiddkamali

kiddkamali Chieftain

Whether it's on or off it looks the same. Thank you for the suggestion though.

18. mbbcam

mbbcam Prince

I ought to say that I have used EUI for several years on both MacOs and Windows, and I have never seen anything like this, so I would guess there must be something about your setup that is causing the problem. As to what that might be, I have no idea.

19. Cody680245

Cody680245 Chieftain

FOR MAC USERS:

CIV V 1.4.2

The UI_bc1 folder needs to be copied into the CivV/Contents/Assets/Assets/DLC path NOT the CivV/Contents/Home/Assets/DLC path, that is a mistake in the instructions. The EUI/CSL files are still placed into the Aspyr folder directory as mentioned in the instructions, although I also copied them into the /ApplicationSupport/CivV/Aspyr directory as a precaution.

My guess is a patch on Civ's part or an update from Apple changed the directory pathing. Don't be like me and spend 3 hours trying to make this work for that to be the issue.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  20. mbbcam

mbbcam Prince

Actually, I posted about this nearly two years ago. I know it is sometimes difficult to find such information among so many posts on the forums.