1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29h

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. Xonto

Xonto Chieftain

Great mod, but it seems like it has caused the tooltip for world wonders to go away--I can no longer mouse over natural wonders and see the name or if they give units a unique promotion, it only shows the resource yield.

Anyone else get the same behavior?

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Only the Fountain of Youth and the Kilimanjaro give unique promotions.

Btw bc1, yoru suggestion worked, once I deleted Assyria's Royal Library replacement it made the Archive (a.k.a Royal Library) show up as a tool tip correctly. Thanks.

Now to figure out why on earth aren't my atlases worrking correctly in certain places :|

3. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Hey BC,

Just wanted to let you know that I love this mod so much I just can't play without it now.

A suggestion (or perhaps future option for the mod): can you make the "notifications" occupy a wider place in the screen?

It is similar to what you did when you can do two things in a turn (example: pass resolution and choose production appear side by side).

Some turns the notification panel gets clulttered in crap and is very hard to browse.

Also, how can I make pressing "enter" go to the city select screen? (this is something GEM did before BNW).

Thanks a lot for this.

Cheers.

Edit: also, new tile notifications don't go away after you click "Next turn", bug? is this intended?

4. Xonto

Xonto Chieftain

Correct, and in the case of Kilimanjaro being on the map, you can no longer mouse over it and see the text that tells you about the promotion. Not a big deal or anything, but none-the-less, you can no longer mouse over natural wonders to see that text or the actual name of the wonder.

5. TheMarshmallowBear

HUUUGE BUG REPORT!

The mod seems to be breaking the "Load Scenario" feature for custom maps that are built exclusively by World Builder. At first I thought the game broke it but it seems to work without the mod active/installed. It's not lua related because neither myself or the Play Europe Again are "working" :|

Just a heads up that you should look that up.

The button literally doesn't show up when the map is selected via the Basic Setup Screen, and if you go Advanced and back the map's map is blank (red) and it generally messes up the screen :/

6. Xonto

Xonto Chieftain

I've just realized that this is part of a bigger bug I guess--you no longer get any tooltips for any tiles--if you mouse over a tile it normally tells you that it is jungle or plains or whatever. With the mod it no longer seems to tell you that info, which is fine if you know what everything looks like, but it can be a problem for roads and such when a tile has multiple improvements--it can be hard to tell what is on the tile and you want to be able to mouse over it to confirm what is on that tile.

7. bc1

bc1

I don't have a "load scenario" button for game maps, with or without EUI... so this would be difficult for me to reproduce. Do you have an lua.log, or a more precise scenario ? In the meantime try disabling EUI's "GameSetup" module.
    This is the first time I get such reports - EUI normally provides abundant tooltips for tiles. I would need more details to figure this out. Are you using other mods which may interfere with EUI ? If you're expecting natural wonder promotion info, which the base game does not provide, this may be the case. Try EUI alone, see if that works.

8. Robsypes

Robsypes Chieftain

Hi there...sorry if this has been asked already but I don't have time to go through all the pages... I LOVE this mod, but I can't get any mouseovers in my game.

Is there something I have to do to enable it or should it just be on automatically?

THanks for any help.

EDIT: It does come up if I leave the mouse alone for 5 seconds.... is there a way to reduce that delay?

9. bc1

bc1

:( rtfm

10. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

I've had an issue pop up after using the mod in conjunction with YnAEMP.

Spoiler :

The strange thing is the issue remains even when mods are not loaded. I've tried clearing the cache and reinstalling EUI. But the issue remains. :confused:

11. bc1

bc1

It does seem there is something wrong with EUI's "GameSetup" module... Until the fix is found it needs to be removed.
    Cheers

12. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

@bc1

I am currently comparing your InfoTooltipInclude.lua with the CEP version to see where we can find a common ground. I have to say, your code is very elegant. Simple but effective, just the way I like it. It appears the way we have set up the tooltip generation is both easier to maintain but harder to setup initially than yours.
    Easier to maintain in the sense that we don't rely on TXT_KEY entries to provide the text for the info where yours for the most part does.
    Harder to setup because of the different permutations of table entries that are needed to give a clear idea of what each unit/building/etc. does.

Having said that I feel your method is head and shoulders superior.

I would love to find a common ground but the more I look it appears you have nailed the execution of the UI and anything we try and do will be a 2nd rate version.

I think I will push for us to try and use your interface and we will minimize the amount of changes we make to these types of files. Thus easing the need to compromise.

I assume the entries you have in this file that are like:
    Code:
    InstantMilitaryIncrease = "",
    are just placeholders until you get around to defining which TXT_KEYs to use?
    Need any help?

Lastly, when running some tests I came across an error with how your setup screen handled just one of our unique buildings, all others showed perfectly.
    We have an 'Abbey' as the UB for the Celts but the setup screen showed the Aztec Chinampa in its place. Not sure why that was chosen, they have nothing even closely related in their definitions. The only thing different with this building, compared to anything else I can see is, it uses the EXPANSION_SCEN_BUILDING_ATLAS for it's icon, though the icon showed correctly just the text was off.

Stupid mistake by me. After moving the UI_BC1 folder in and out of the DLC folder I forgot to disable the TechTree folder.

Keep up the excellent work.:goodjob:

13. bc1

bc1

Found a stupid bug I made with GameSetupScreen.lua, please find attached a replacement (overwrite into ...DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup), does this fix the issues ?
    Yes and yes :D

14. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

It seems to; I'll report back again if I encounter any issues! Thanks!

15. TheMarshmallowBear

It worked for me, the load scenario button worrked correctly with EUI installed and the GameSetup fix applied.

16. BuzWeaverCiv

BuzWeaverCiv Warlord

I'm excited about using this UI, however, still being a little newto Civ 5 BNW, I'm not exactly sure what these two instructions actually mean?

in the game menu - options - game options - set the desired delays for plot help / map tooltips to appear (there are now 2 delays - basic and detailed plot help)
    in the game menu - options - game options - check if the "No Basic Tooltip Help" option matches the level of info desired (this has more effects than before)

Does this have to do with tiles and how they are worked by a worker or some information concerning tile information?

17. TheMarshmallowBear

The EUI does nothing more than compact and show more information in the same places.

The Tooltip delay does exactly what it says, when hovering over a tile after a certain time it will show details of (i.e the yield, and in case of EUI the additional Yield with certain elements (i.e if you got Desert Folkore then a desert tile would have Desert Folkore - +1 Faith)

18. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Q. What are the figures in parentheses immediately after the unit name and before the movement icon & stats on the tooltips?

e.g. "German Warrior" (0 - 81345)

At first I thought they were to indicate the current experience and possible total but they don't appear to change at all.
    (Are you considering showing the experience on the tooltip in the future? Not a request just a query.)

I'm fiddling with adding in more TXT_KEYs into the code. When I find something that works well and is sufficient enough to post I'll let you know.
    You already have most of the obvious ones and some will need custom TXT_KEYs as there isn't anything in the vanilla to use. If you want me to focus on specific areas give me a PM.

19. bc1

bc1

Are you referring to the plot help tooltip ? This is unchanged from the base game, when debug mode is active the owner ID and unit ID are displayed.
    I did consider adding promotions, but this would either be too much text or a lot of work to do it using graphics. XP did not seem a primary concern for unit movement decision.

Cheers

20. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

What I would add is the wonderful promotion icons that CEP/GEM uses... about the only thing I miss from CEP now.