1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29h

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. BuzWeaverCiv

BuzWeaverCiv Warlord

To get directly to my question, what is the Option Called in Options? I do hover over a tile, but I'm not getting any information. I'm apparently not selecting an Option correctly, that's what I'm trying to figure out.

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

There might be something in the Interface options, I'm not exactly sure.

3. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Have another look at where we are now. I think you will find the FlagPromotions are back in place and are looking very good, if I do say so myself.

Really!! I haven't played a vanilla game in so long a time I didn't even realize. I don't have those when I am using CEP of course, we do a bit of our own tooltip fiddling.

4. kayelbe

kayelbe Chieftain

Ok, I haven't downloaded any mods since CIVIII, can someone explain this, please:

You have to right click the app icon and select Show package contents. The application package is located at:
    Steam installation: /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Civilization V.app
    OR
    AppStore installation: /Applications/Civilization V Campaign Edition.app

I have downloaded the DLC/MOD (step 1), and opened the game's DLC folder (first part of step 2), but I'm not sure what to do next...thanks

5. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All you need to do to get this to work (win7 here) is put UI_bc1 folder into your DLC folder. ie .. /install directory ie /C:drive/steam library/steam apps/common/sid meier's civilization 5/assets/dlc

Here is mine for instance...
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

6. kayelbe

kayelbe Chieftain

Thanks. That works. Still not sure what that extra step means, though. Can't find the path.

I like this mod. Playing with it a few minutes, my favorite parts are the WLTKD icons under the city bar and hovering over city to see tiles worked. Saves a lot of clicking into the cities!

7. bc1

bc1

Version 1.15 (March 7th, 2014)
    • Fixed some bugs (including one that broke some custom maps)
    • Compatibility with City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) v21: should work provided you remove CSD's own CityView.lua from its ...\Assets\UI\InGame\CityView folder (EUI's CityView.lua is now compatible with CSD, the reverse is not true)
    • Compatibility with Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod v10: should work provided you remove CDM's TopPanel.lua from its ...\UI\InGame folder (EUI's TopPanel.lua is now compatible with CDM, the reverse is not true)

8. Novalia

Novalia Prince

This thing is neat thanks.
    I didn't read thru all the posts to determine if it had been addressed or not but...
    The quick mouse over on normal hexes no longer shows terrain type.

9. bc1

bc1

:( same questions over and over...
    Please read the instructions in the opening post:
    Cheers

10. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Warlord

Just wanted to say thanks for the great mod! You put a lot of effort around here and I'm glad you do for it makes civ5 a much better game. :goodjob:

11. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Solution: dumb it down :D

Put the option on "zero" by default, so that those who don't care for reading the manual at least don't think it's broken, and those who do, well, they know.

12. mrc2022

mrc2022 Capitão Rolinho

Just started to use this. Great work! Sure brings another dynamic to the game :)
    I only feel that the upper bars are a little small on 1920*1080.

Also I'd like to thank you for featuring my mod on your features list and to let you know that from now I'm also featuring your work :D

13. kayelbe

kayelbe Chieftain

If anything should be "dumbed down" it should be the part I quoted above. I'm still confused what it means and I got the mod to work just fine by ignoring it...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

14. bc1

bc1

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback :D
    And get another bunch of people complaining about clutter :lol:
    Installation on a MAC is a bit more difficult, tried to clarify the instructions (have a look)

Also you can have a look at some of EUI's features on this video by Marbozir - although unfortunately without EUI's main asset, the civilization ribbon (requires player score list be turned off)

15. kayelbe

kayelbe Chieftain

Oh.....I'm a dork. I didnt realize that was part of the Mac instructions!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

16. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Thanks BC. Love your mod, can't play without it.

Cheers.
    Argento

17. Novalia

Novalia Prince

I did read all that before I posted here. And if I knew modding terminology it would make sense... I guess "plot help" means something to someone... How about using lay men's terms if you're getting the same dumb questions over and over. And why would you add a delay on something like that anyway?

18. bc1

bc1

not everyone does... and it's a bummer given how much time & effort goes into documentation
    but i'd rather believe that than face the fact i've become such a geek people can no longer understand me :lol:
    fair enough... would you kindly suggest wording that does make sense ?
    it's in the base game, some people think tooltips are too much clutter

19. Novalia

Novalia Prince

I used to do consulting and our favorite term was "idiot proof" where you essentially attempt to put yourself into the shoes of the "stupid client" and anticipate their feeble understanding of the obvious. Otherwise they're constantly calling with ridiculous (to you) questions.

If "plot help" means mouse over well..... The latter is a much more familiar term to most.

20. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

He has no clients. Modders don't sell what they do, they mostly do it for, well, call it "love" if you want... he does not answer to anyone but himself.

It is our burden to try and understand his work. Specially if he even includes instructions.