Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I'm pretty sure bc1 has already looked high and low for a way to do this.
I tried finding the code in the vanilla DLC projects that make them defined in the DLC selection box, hoping to see where a tag or some such thing might be added to EUI.

Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero.

It looks like it is hard-coded in some manner.:cry:

Didn't both God and Kings and BNW put every Allied War delecaration into a single notification i.e "Poland's City States declared war on Zulu?" and then when you hovered it listed the City States? I know Vanilla was annoyingi n that every City State had a seperate notification.

Faerun for BNW v6 is completely incompatible with Enhanced User Interface. Only the G&K version is partially compatible.

Right, I'm aware of that, that's why I was hoping for a toggleable state for EUI, so Faerun could automatically disable it, just like it disables all the other DLC. It's fine, it is not hard to move the EUI mod out of the folder when I want to play faerun.

It was quite improved, but there are still lots of nuisance messages related to city state warfare.
Cheers

Targeting less-useful notifications to ditch is not a bad idea. I'm prone to just right click most of them just to get them out of the way.

One idea is to put all global event notifications in one bubble, as with the city-state peace declarations. Perhaps give it a header like this:

Global Events:
-Assyria and England signed a research agreement!
-France denounced Russia!
-Germany has made peace with Sweden!

Would get rid of a lot of the clutter announcements.
G

Getting rid of the exclamation marks would be good, too. They are pointless (sic) when almost every notification has one.

Hi i have a bug that when CS give the Q: It does not display on screen or on CS screen and some how it display wrong. How can i fix it

Targeting less-useful notifications to ditch is not a bad idea. I'm prone to just right click most of them just to get them out of the way.

One idea is to put all global event notifications in one bubble, as with the city-state peace declarations. Perhaps give it a header like this:

Global Events:
-Assyria and England signed a research agreement!
-France denounced Russia!
-Germany has made peace with Sweden!

Would get rid of a lot of the clutter announcements.
G

I think this is a good idea. Moreover, notifications could be grouped by message type. IE:

(Bubble 1); City State Quests:
-Buenos Aires wants you to kill the barbarians in their territory
-Yemen wants you to demand a tribute from BUenos Aires
(bubble 2); What gazebo said
Bubble 3; Diplomacy:
-A has denounced B
-B Denounced C
-C denouced B

A simple mouseover and you can read on the things that matter to you.

I can't remember any other notifications that may have a common denominator, but I guess the point is clear enough.

I don't know if this is possible (or how much work it may require), haven't got the faintest idea about modding or "lua" or whatever.

Best.
Argento

One thing to keep in mind is that all of the notifications appear as they occur (as these notifications pop up between your turns)

Another thing is they aren't as annoying to me because I like the notifications, but with EUI they appear in the most unfortunate place because it conflicts with the Ribbons.

... with EUI they appear in the most unfortunate place because it conflicts with the Ribbons.
I think this is the crux of it. The ribbon along the side is awesome, but when you've got a ton of civs and CS's, they all vie for the same space as the notifications, pushing the notifications to all get compressed down to a very small spot. I wonder if it would make sense to move the notifications somewhere else, or perhaps move the civ ribbon to be horizontal across the top.

I think this is the crux of it. The ribbon along the side is awesome, but when you've got a ton of civs and CS's, they all vie for the same space as the notifications, pushing the notifications to all get compressed down to a very small spot. I wonder if it would make sense to move the notifications somewhere else, or perhaps move the civ ribbon to be horizontal across the top.

Or maybe make notifications occupy a different column to the ribbon while staying on the same side of the screen?

This mod is excellent. I won't play civ without it and I saw it being used by Marbozir.

Or maybe make notifications occupy a different column to the ribbon while staying on the same side of the screen?

That would likely work, as long as the notifications were to the edge. The notifications are always the same width, while the civ ribbon varies due to the trade opportunity display.

I'm loving this. After seeing Marbozir use it in his America LP, had to get it. Love being able to see what civs are ready to trade instantly, that's a lifesaver.

Things I would like to see :
- Being able to see wonders and policy choices of other civs without going in the Global Politics screen. Not sure how you do this since there's already a lot of information when you hover over a leader, but that would be nice.
- Move the leaders and CSes elsewhere, probably on the left side of the screen. They conflict with notifications and the minimap which means you can never see everyone at once anyway, especially if you're playing on bigger than standard.
- If you hover a religion icon, show what beliefs that religion has. Maybe only on the Holy City, I don't know, but that would be nice. Not essential though, the religion screen isn't hard to reach like the Global Politics one.
- Have a way of getting less info when hovering over a plot of land. I appreciate what you did with that, and I think it's a great addition in general, but because I'm used to play with the minimal information the game gives you, I already know all that stuff. Which makes the screen a little overcrowded when I hover onto a bananas jungle or whatever. I tried deleting PlotHelp, but that means I don't get anything at all when I hover on a hex, which is not good because it's not always clear wether a forest is on a hill for example (which is extremely important for warfare).
- Have the DoF modifier say how many turns there are left in the DoF

Those are what I could think of. Anyway, great addition to the game, most indispensable mod out there imo :).

1. As you said, the Ribbons already shwo the information. bc1 will not add any specifications to the Policies as his rule of thumb is that the information must be available somewhere else (so we'll only get the Piety :1, Liberty :5 etc.)

2. Bc1 could move the ribbosn ot the left side and move the Unit actions to the bottom, it's unused except between turns for the "Processing Turns for X" which only show between turns and doesn't conflict with the unit panel anyway.

3. If you hover over the religion icon on a city it tells you the bonuses the city is recieving.

Top Bottom