Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I am using 3.15 and now I cannot load any saves, including ones made after I installed the EUI. I get a runtime error on the loading screen and it shuts down, never had this problem before. It seems to be more towards the late game that this happens though. Didn't see much in the lua log but maybe you will spot something I didnt/
Enhanced User Interface has no effect on saves, it is unlikely to cause such problems. However your log seems to indicate you are using mods which do affect saves. A copy of the save and/or lua.log would be required for any further investigation.
I am experiencing noticeable performance hits with the beta version. Are there ways to optimize the lua code?
Often the game will spend 5 or 6 seconds during the phase when your turn is just about to start. The banner indicating your turn starts to appear, but is still only 50% visible, and the calculations are still going on in the background and not releasing the game.
EUI's lua code optimization is actually supposed to be improving... These slowdows are more likely the result of a bug or some strange interaction between EUI & CEP. Try removing EUI 1.16beta modules to isolate the problem, starting with NotificationPanel which has changed the most since 1.15
Also the city display of tiles and their yields catches the mouse and freezes the game for a second or two whenever the mouse cursor happens to pass over the city banner.
In 1.16beta's CityBannerManager.lua, line 1626, try changing true to false

Cheers

EUI's lua code optimization is actually supposed to be improving... These slowdows are more likely the result of a bug or some strange interaction between EUI & CEP. Try removing EUI 1.16beta modules to isolate the problem, starting with NotificationPanel which has changed the most since 1.15

I ran into this same slow down, it gets worse as you get further into the game and is only noticeable hundreds of turns in. Hard to try various things to diagnose it. I'm currently playing a game without CEP to see what happens.

Perfect.

Also I have now seen (and I was certain I saw a mention of it here but now I can't find it) on the setup screen all the UBs display this error message:

Code:
Assets\DLC\ToolTips\InfoToolTipInclude.lua:879: attempt to index upvalue 'YieldTypes' (a nil value)

It only happens for the UBs and only on the setup screen. All the tooltips ingame work brilliantly, I guess that would be the case since CEP's files override the EUI files.

That line is one of the changes made to combat the compatibility issue.

Enhanced User Interface has no effect on saves, it is unlikely to cause such problems. However your log seems to indicate you are using mods which do affect saves. A copy of the save and/or lua.log would be required for any further investigation.

Then why is it that when I uninstalled the EUI, the save as well as other saves with the issue began to work? Oh well, I will just play without it.

I ran into this same slow down, it gets worse as you get further into the game and is only noticeable hundreds of turns in. Hard to try various things to diagnose it. I'm currently playing a game without CEP to see what happens.

Definitely an interaction between CEP and EUI. With CEP disabled, I'm in year 2020 with no slow down. Note that I only had CAT and CIT enabled (not CEG).

Perfect
Does this mean this solves the slowdown ? That would mean Communitas is doing stuff with UI.GetScratchDeal() between turns...
Also I have now seen (and I was certain I saw a mention of it here but now I can't find it) on the setup screen all the UBs display this error message:
Assets\DLC\ToolTips\InfoToolTipInclude.lua:879: attempt to index upvalue 'YieldTypes' (a nil value)
It only happens for the UBs and only on the setup screen
Thanks, forgot YieldTypes is not available pregame
All the tooltips ingame work brilliantly, I guess that would be the case since CEP's files override the EUI files
Normally CEP cannot override EUI's InfoToolTipInclude.lua because it is loaded pregame. It's just that EUI's InfoToolTipInclude.lua behaves differently pregame / ingame.

Cheers

Perfect because the citybanner doesn't steal the mouse all the time.
Unfortunately the general slowdown is still there.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the general slowdown is still there
Then I would guess the root cause is CEP overwriting highly optimized EUI files such as ProductionPopup, CityView and TechTree. When combining Firaxis-style code which constantly generates unrequired tooltips with EUI's detailed tooltip library, things could slow down quite a bit.
The only way to prove this hypothesis is to test with CEP's UI files removed…

Love this! But may I suggest a small tweak to the interface, or maybe you can show me how to do so myself. I think it would make more sense for the tourism points to be next to the culture points on the left, while the money should be next to the resources and trade routes on the right. Jusssst sayin'.

It's not a CEP exclusive, any mod which overrides / overwrites optimized EUI files such as ProductionPopup, CityView or TechTree could be expected to slow down.

A few of the mods override effects are detailed in the OP's "Mods compatibility".

Removing EUI's "ToolTips" module may help with slowdowns (at the expense of corresponding functionality).

Cheers

I have not had any probs with this mod. It works great. I use it with RED modpack, only ethnic diversity, and info addict.

Then I would guess the root cause is CEP overwriting highly optimized EUI files such as ProductionPopup, CityView and TechTree......
The only way to prove this hypothesis is to test with CEP's UI files removed…

CEP's UI files removed… How to remove Communitas UI files? Do you mean Communitas Interface (CIN) component?

I'll start new game today and would like help to localize this slowdown issue.
I plan to use:
EUI (UI by bc1 v1.16 beta)
CEP, CAT, CIN
DLL - Various Mod Components v45

We have eliminated a serious slowdown bug from CEP that will be in the next release, due out shortly.
A time delay between consecutive resets of the yield cache is now in place.
This should remove dozens/hundreds of resets every 0.001 seconds.:eek:

The checks were in place to query the yields values for accuracy but were doing so far more than was necessary. One check might only be 0.3 seconds long but if you have 30, 40 or more then... well you know what the result is.

Having used the sleeker version for some days now, CEP is back to being a quick mod.
I feel sure CEP & EUI will play nice together again.

As to which modules to remove.
Just renaming which ever UI item should show the EUI version instead, as they are loaded first.
Like the EUI TopPanel instead of CEP, rename the CEP one to something else.
Some trial and error will be needed as the modified yield values MAY NOT be shown if the CEP UI items are renamed.

Top Bottom