Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hi. I put the folder on the DLC folder but doesnt work. I follow all the instructions and doesnt seem to work. Can someone help me?

While this is a largely negative post i do not wish it to be seen as an attack or gripe post but as a bug/issue report.

Firstly the good part... The actual visual design of the interface and how much it hassle it takes out of the game (i.e. having a large amount of game info available simply through mouseover rather than through multiple screens that need to be opened.) are great and i can't find any real fault in the visual way it changes the UI and in fact now do miss many of it's improvements but sadly i have found it game breaking as i will outline below.

Now the bad... I have found it to have a great affect on game performance to the extent i have had to remove it because it was crashing my game playing a huge, marathon game with 22 civs and 22 CS.

Playing that game (first time using this mod) around turn 650 i started getting game crashes with the error message "FGXRenderer11::present failed hr=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.Driver failure"
I was also getting some "application has stopped responding" game crashes.

That obviously seemed like a graphics card issue so i did all the usual of updating my drivers, played with it's setting to increase it's performance, turned down my in game graphics settings and tracked PC performance while playing the game, the last part showing that while the game was heavy use on my PC even at it's peak it was using less than 75% of any resource available to it and in fact usually crashing when under very little stress at all.

Testing found that predominantly this would happen when leader screens were popping up, usually when being contacted by an AI during the next turn phase. I found this out by saving at the end of each turn watching for when the game would crash then when i was able to get past that point see what was occurring and it was always a leader screen pop up.
Twice i also had it happen when clicking on the "enhanced scoreboard" to speak to a leader.

As i had no other real options with my hardware i started picking apart the game, verifying the game cache and turning off mods.
After turning off all mods i uninstalled this mod as it is a manually installed mod and have now played 10+ hours on full graphic settings with no issue at all.

On a final note the most immediate effect on uninstalling this mod was my game save load time dropped from 10+ minutes to 3 minutes 30s. I had been timing the load times as they had been getting increasingly severe and though it was abnormal as well as wanting to know how long it took so i could go do something else while it loaded not least because i was having to reload it every few turns due to the crashing.

Hi bc1 and thanks for sharing - there is some great work here :)

I'm new to Civ V and currently playing the Vanilla game with EUI 1.15. I have experienced a few 'kinks' (as you put it), but last night I noticed something that I think you would regard as a bug. On the city states part of the ribbon, the tooltip indicates what resources are available. At one point it was showing coal, even though I had not yet researched the tech to reveal coal. I was close to revealing coal and may even have been researching the key tech at the time. It seems more likely that maybe it was triggered by someone else having revealed coal.

Of the other kinks, in the TopPanel, the strategic resource mouse over tooltip doesn't show the correct information, but rather repeats the last shown info from the left panel; for example if I look at happiness, then the strategic resource mouse over shows the happiness information. If I do it as the first thing in a session, it says 'Brief Description" (in case that helps).

Thanks again!

I get same problem, I posted twice yet no one cares to offer help.

Hi. I put the folder on the DLC folder but doesnt work. I follow all the instructions and doesnt seem to work. Can someone help me?

So... if you start a game with no other mods, there is no effect at all from EUI? You don't see a different top panel (where happiness, gold, culture, research etc are summarized)?

To be honest, the most likely explanation is that you misunderstand something or missed something in the instructions. You do realize that EUI does not show up as a mod, and that you need to "in the game menu - options - interface options - UNcheck "single player score list" if you want to use the civilization ribbon", the main feature of EUI?

Hope you get it working because it helps a lot :)

Hello bc1,
First of all a big Thanks for this great improvement to the game.:)

Game version: 1.0.3.144
All DLC and expansions
Mods activated: infoaddict, really advanced setup
PC
---
I can't assign the last citizen to the city tile I prefer to be worked, "the city" overwrites my choosing. Doesn't matter what, if any, focus I use.
---
You wrote, in the OP I think, the we can deactivate individual parts of your mode, if we should want to. Is that done by simply removing the relevant subfolder in the
\ui_by_bc1_v1_15\ui_bc1 folder?
--
Thanks again:goodjob:

On the city states part of the ribbon, the tooltip indicates what resources are available. At one point it was showing coal, even though I had not yet researched the tech to reveal coal
City states own tech level drives resource availability (base game feature) - when lagging in tech this can happen
playing the Vanilla game with EUI 1.15: in the TopPanel, the strategic resource mouse over tooltip doesn't show the correct information
Thanks for the report, this is indeed a bug due to trying to use features not present in vanilla - fixed in next version
CS friendship progress bar ? With this mod it diseapeared
This is by design for city banners, to make room for quest & spy icons (friendship status is shown by right icon color black / green / blue )
I can't assign the last citizen to the city tile I prefer to be worked, "the city" overwrites my choosing. Doesn't matter what, if any, focus I use
It's a base game "feature" when city tiles previously locked are pre-empted by other cities or ennemy units. Workaround = click "reset tiles" or green city icon
we can deactivate individual parts of your mode, if we should want to. Is that done by simply removing the relevant subfolder in the \ui_by_bc1_v1_15\ui_bc1 folder?
Yes but the folder path is incorrect (see OP)

Cheers

There seem to be so many people using this DLC (over 15k D/L) that I am wary to publish a new version (bugs, compatibility with other mods, resistance to change), especially given the significant changes to city view production queue.

Could people please test the attached BETA version, especially with Communitas Mod and/or City State Diplomacy Mod and/or Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod (requires a bit of labor, see OP for instructions) ?

It's not yet quite complete, but it seems quite stable. It features new city queue mechanisms:
  • items may be added directly to production queue if not dimmed: left click = end of queue, ctrl + left click = top of queue, shift + left click = replace entire queue, right click = pedia
  • items may be purchased directly regardless of being dimmed (e.g. great people), if the relevant purchase button (faith or gold) is displayed and not disabled (insufficient funds)
  • production queue items may be shuffled around by dragging
  • production queue may have more than 6 items, but the elevator is the only way to scroll the list (mouse scroll wheel does not work)

Another significant change is that notifications are bundled by type (need to click to see bundled notifications), this aspect is also not quite complete.

Cheers

There seem to be so many people using this DLC (over 15k D/L) that I am wary to publish a new version (bugs, compatibility with other mods, resistance to change), especially given the significant changes to city view production queue.

Could people please test the attached BETA version, especially with Communitas Mod and/or City State Diplomacy Mod and/or Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod (requires a bit of labor, see OP for instructions) ?

It's not yet quite complete, but it seems quite stable. It features new city queue mechanisms:
  • items may be added directly to production queue if not dimmed: left click = end of queue, ctrl + left click = top of queue, shift + left click = replace entire queue, right click = pedia
  • items may be purchased directly regardless of being dimmed (e.g. great people), if the relevant purchase button (faith or gold) is displayed and not disabled (insufficient funds)
  • production queue items may be shuffled around by dragging
  • production queue may have more than 6 items, but the elevator is the only way to scroll the list (mouse scroll wheel does not work)

Another significant change is that notifications are bundled by type (need to click to see bundled notifications), this aspect is also not quite complete.

Cheers

Playing with CEP and beta 1 right now - seemingly without any problems.

Is beta 2 save game compatible with beta 1 saves?

\Skodkim

While using this mod I made peace with Washington. Despite him having a much more bigger army he offered me all 4 of his luxury resources, 1 GPT and all his horses. Next turn he wanted to trade embassies. The dialogue above the trade box said he wanted to exchange embassies but in the trade box itself the items where the same as the piece deal, 4 of his luxuries, 1 GPT and all his horses.

I then made peace with Elizabeth a bit later on. I got offered no luxuries by her, only peace with her and an allied city state of hers. She is stronger militarily. A turn later she wanted to trade embassies but I got the same trade box as the Washington items, 4 luxuries, 1 GPT and horses. Elizabeth didn't have any of Washingtons luxuries.

The inability to work the core city tile happens to me without EUI on cities acquired through trade. I'd come to the conclusion it was tied to going into city view during AI turns (and EUI generally throws you into city view when the city is acquired during the trade causing it to appear more frequently). I've been avoiding it by never accepting cities I want to keep during peace deals on AI turns (I'll request them on my turn instead).

I don't use EUI but I have seen this bug while using the Infoaddict mod. See attached save. When I talk to Montezuma he offers me Damascus. If I accept Damascus the city tile is not worked. Note this occurs on the player's turn. I arrived at this thread from elsewhere.

Attachments

• City Tile Bug.7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 60

Something I noticed immediately: the interface seems to be stuck on small scale, even with automatic sizing enabled.

Edit: never mind.

Confirm new beta fixes the problem with the Top Panel mouse over. Thanks! :)

There is a similar mouse over problem with the Great People special action button, e.g. conduct trade mission - it shows the text for the previous button touched (confused me a bit as I had never done a trade mission before!). Also happened for a scientist bulb action.

I like the city build section - it would seem more natural to me for the left click to add to the top of the queue so it means "Build this now". And use a shift or control to add to the queue - I think shift click is traditionally used to add to the end of a queue.

A particular case occurred when I was building research and a left click queued the building after research was done...

I also like the bundled notifications - seemed to work fine. You mentioned it's not finished, so I guess you know there is no picture for research agreement completed. When there are multiple notifications it first shows the last one, then cycles to the first; maybe it should show the first one first, but it's a tiny point.

Beta 2:

When you get notifications about city border growth you can't click the icons to bring the camera to the location. Isn't this a feature from vanilla or is it just that I'm so used to using CEP and that it hasn't been incorporated here yet..?

\Skodkim

trade box issues
no save game + no logs = no investigations
mouse over problem with the Great People special action button, scientist bulb action
Thanks fo the report will look into it (note to readers: this is only on vanilla, BNW is ok)
I like the city build section - it would seem more natural to me for the left click to add to the top of the queue so it means "Build this now". And use a shift or control to add to the queue - I think shift click is traditionally used to add to the end of a queue
Colors and tastes - easy to change but there needs to be a consensus
A particular case occurred when I was building research and a left click queued the building after research was done...
This actually relies on Firaxis game engine functionality, not enough of a problem to develop a work around
When you get notifications about city border growth you can't click the icons to bring the camera to the location. Isn't this a feature from vanilla or is it just that I'm so used to using CEP and that it hasn't been incorporated here yet..?
It's not a base Firaxis game feature, seems CEP also adds this so there seems to be a conflict between CEP & EUI both adding this notification in their own way (without CEP the click to location does work)

Hello, thanks for the mod, looks amazing. :D

However, I have a problem with the options menu. So basically I can not open the options menu because it is simply blank. There are only buttons for Game, Graphics etc. options and the ones at the lower panel. Unfortunately none of them work and I can't even close options window once opened, I must simply Alt+F4 the game.

Has anyone encountered this before? I have tried removing the Options from your DLC and normal options were restored. But well I need the ones for the mod xD

I'm also using Win 8 and tried all compatibility options. I'm playing BNW.

Please help :<

When I hover the mouse over a civ's icon in the ribbon, I get this:

Ul_bc1\ToolTips\InfoTooltipInclude.lua : 1871. Attempt to call method 'GetDoFCounter' (a nil value).

But, the diplomatic info is displayed correctly whenever I'm at war with a civ.

I looked into the .lua file (there's only one occurrence of "GetDoFCounter"), but I have no idea what I'm suppose to be editing in order to fix the problem.

Any ideas?

P.S. thanks for the awesome interface. It's so much more convenient than vanilla or Communitas' interface.

Additional info: BNW 1.0.3.18, using CEP (minus its interface) and Red's scaling mod. I've got the latest version of yours.

Top Bottom