1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29a

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. Recon777

Recon777 Chieftain

Well, that's embarrassing. Totally missed the section where you said to enable logging.
    Here you go.

http://pastebin.com/MwmyWRzF

"attempt to index global 'button' (a nil value)"

2. bc1

bc1

Thanks for the dump.
    It shows there is a bug (typo) which occurs only with touch enabled PCs (I do not have one = untested).
    Could you please test the attached "NotificationPanel.lua" replacement file (needs to overwrite existing EUI file in appropriate subfolder), thanks
    Cheers

3. Recon777

Recon777 Chieftain

Woot! Looks great.

You know its rather interesting this bug got caught at all, since my laptop doesn't have a touch screen. But it has Windows 8, so I chose the Windows 8 option in the launcher in case that version was optimized for W8 even without touch functionality.

Love your use of mouseovers (like in this screenshot). They're all awesome. Firaxis should really implement your ideas in a patch.

4. Acken

Acken Deity

Really like the latest version.

5. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

the city queue looks amazing. congrats!

Oh and btw, clicking on the bundled notifications really slows down my game for a sec or two, is this supposed to happen or is it just me?

Cheers

6. LordBudigert

LordBudigert Chieftain

When clicking the options menu from within game (main menu or in actual game) I get nothing but a blank menu screen and the game stops working right. The buttons are there and make the clicking sound, but don't do anything and I have to kill the process.

Anyway, I've attached my lua.log and I appreciate any help :)

Attached Files:

7. bc1

bc1

It's not supposed to, might be useful to take a look at your Lua.log (see OP for instructions)
    Your log shows missing game functions... Are you sure your game is up to date ? Might also be a corrupt install.

Cheers

8. Coq

Coq Chieftain

Hello! I'd like to try this, but there is no such thing as a UI-bc1 folder anywhere in my directory as you can see in the attachment:

I can see hidden files too, and I've tried looking around in the sub folders of DLC, but found no UI-bc1 folder anywhere. My only guess is that it's the shared folder?

I haven't renamed anything in that folder either, I'm sure of it.

EDIT : Comparing the files found in the UI_bc1 I downloaded, there is no folder that seem to match =/.

Attached Files:

9. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

Ooh, ooh, I can help! *clears throat* Ahem...

To make such awesome features as removing the "ok" screen at startup, the super-super amazing Enhanced User Interface mod has transcended time and space, because it itself a higher form of modification: the glorious DLC. But this is by no means a replacement for some mysteriously absent, "Firaxis" DLC. No, it is the complete package! Simply copy the UI_bc1 folder into your .../Assets/DLC folder and there you have it! No more wondering about how you're going to avoid the OK and you start your game, with this amazing invention!

bc1 Inc. reserves the right to make unnecessarily complicated changes at any time. DLC content is not guaranteed to work, however 7/10 doctors recommend it. This synopsis is toxic to humans and several species of fruit bat. If contact is made with eyes, please flush eyes with water promptly or contact a poison control center immediately.

:D You don't have to replace any files, the ui_bc1 is something completely new all it's own, and simply place it in your DLC folder and you're good to go! Also, welcome to the boards!

10. Acken

Acken Deity

Just copy the UI_Bc1 folder, contained in the .rar file you downloaded, into your DLC folder. There is no file to replace.

11. happyturtle

happyturtle Mrs GrumpyOldCivver

I had this bug too. The fix you made seems to bring the notifications back, but I only fit in a few minutes of game time before shutting down for the night. I'll report back after I've given it a few hours of play. Looks like a great mod! :)

12. Coq

Coq Chieftain

Well it seems I read the instructions to UPDATE the mod instead of install it >.<.
    Ty for the answer everyone

13. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

Hello, I've just installed the mod and for some reason clicking with my mouse on Choose Production does nothing.

Any help please?

@Edit - Forgot to mention I use "DLL - Various Mod Components (v 49)" by William Howard and a lot of "his Pick N' Mix" mod collection.

14. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Warlord

Is there any version for screens with very low resolution? I use my TV as a screen and I am not able to get a better resolution.

Especially I got serious problems with the top panel:

Spoiler :

Please help me!!! :(

15. DatCivi

DatCivi Chieftain

Hello bc1! Your mod is fantastic! Thank you for your great work.

I'm having two small issues and I have one little suggestion to give, if I may. For the suggestion, I would love to see tooltips implemented for mouse-hovering units badges, numerical info about its actual/total health, experience points and its promotions. Would be nice to see the details of the unit without having to click on it.

About the issues, one has already been reported by someone: the (gonne) options menu. I have to delete the options folder from inside UI_bc1 to be able to use the options menu because if I don't, then when I click the options button I'm taken to an empty options menu, from where I can't get out unless I alt+F4.

The other issue is with tooltips of the AI civs. When I mouse-hoover either the cities names, the civ's badges on the right side or the civ's attitude towards me on the diplo screen, I get the same error message on the tooltip:

Spoiler :
    Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\ToolTips\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:1923:attempt to call method 'GetDoFCounter' (a nil value)

But that doesn't happens when I hoover my own civ or a civ that's at war with me. Both cases return normal tooltips.

My game version is 1.03.18, I'm playing BNW with all DLCs in Windows 7 and both issues happens either I'm playing only with your mod or along with others. I also tried deleting the cache and reloading and even redownloading and reinstalling the mod.

Edit: Tried to get some SS, but I can't get. Is there any key to save an SS from inside the game?

16. Nutty

Nutty Deity

17. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Warlord

Yeah, I have deleted it already, but the vanilla top panel is not much better for me. I think it would help a lot, if the buttons for the menu and for the help would disappear and if the readout for strategic ressources would be reduced to one symbol.

18. bc1

bc1

EUI is NOT compatible with older game versions: it requires the latest game update (1.03.144) to operate without errors.
    Also, please note EUI is no longer compatible with Howard's "UI - City Expansion": the combination causes lack of production selection just like your report.
    Cheers

19. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

Thanks a lot, I'll just remove "UI - City Expansion" and be happy again:goodjob:

20. bc1

bc1

Could people please test the attached v1.17 BETA version.
    • Fixes bugs found in v1.16
    • Compatible with CSD v23 (see OP for instructions)
    • Civilization ribbon mouse over tooltips show active deals and trade routes
    • Civilization ribbon now available in leader trade screen (if enabled)
    Cheers