Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

This is exactly one my smally "gripes" with EUI... the Tech selection principle (of Vanilla CiV) was discarded for a direct access to the Tree-like function only and from multiple other gameplay routines, at that.

Which causes certain UI glitches such as what you exposed (again), many6000125...

I've previously asked for some quick (code) fix or hints even if i must repair it myself, but bc1 isn't interested or willing to help out. Fair enough, he's the author of that wonderful tool --but-- i'm sure the design (in this very specific feature case) has its inherent flaw(s).

Oh-well, good luck with trying to determine what needs to be done. At this point, i gave up and will be soooooooo busy with "Beyond Earth" starting next Friday that i may never return to address such issues with EUI on my own. Made him some cool custom Icons though! ;)

I have version 1.0.3.144 of civ5
I have all the DLC
I'm running on windows 8 pc
I'm not running any other mods with this

hi not sure if you have already answered this question but i am having trouble with the enhanced ui what happens is, is if i select the big blue button that lets me pick my research (or if i want to change my research) the old menu for picking research comes down with the new one in front of it and when i exit out of the new one i still have to pick a research on the old menu. For the city when i select the big orange button to pick what i build next in my city it comes up with the old menu not the new one.

I know it's not a big issue but it's a little annoying having to click the same research twice.
i have attached 2 pictures in hopes you have seen it before
This is a known issue with some computers incorrectly unzipping zero sized files. Try the beta EUI version (my sig), the empty files are now padded to avoid this problem.

Cheers

This is a known issue with some computers incorrectly unzipping zero sized files. Try the beta EUI version (my sig), the empty files are now padded to avoid this problem.

Cheers

thanks and
where do i find the beta EUI?

nvm thanks

Thanks for the report :hatsoff:, unfortunately Lua.log :deal: is required to investigate :badcomp: (see opening post for instructions)
Upon reading the log file I noticed I had two versions installed (UI_bc1 folder and a UI_bc1__old_version folder). I'll first try again with only one folder.... :)

Thank you so much.

I know this mod is highly customizable, but I'm not familiar with the lua & xml hierarchy. I wanted to change when you click on the start research button (when you're not researching anything) that either the tech tree OR the sidebar available techs to research popup, not both. What file or what should I look for to change that?

EDIT: I see many of the posts on this page are people asking how to fix the same thing. Just looking through the files, the authors spent a tremendous amount of work on this mod! Right now I'm looking through the files for any function call or something that pops up either the tech tree or the sidebar techs to research...

This could be the doc: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Lua_and_UI_Reference_(Civ5)

EUI Version 1.23 (October 19th 2014) is now available
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Significant additions to unit, building and improvement tooltips
  • Filter unit ribbon by unit type (several types can be selected): click on the >>> button at the bottom of the ribbon to select units to display. Your choices are saved from one session to the other. Settings are common to all hotseat players, though.
  • Add civilization ribbon player connection indicator: yellow = connecting, green = connected, red = host, mouse over tooltip shows ping, click to kick player (host only)
  • Add control-click action on civilization ribbon leader icon to declare war (BNW only)
  • Miscellaneous improvements
Cheers

Thanks bc1!

In the new version, is it just me or are the green citizen buttons in the city screen gone (to lock/unlock working a tile)?

EDIT:
Nevermind, might've been a wild bug. I just had to close/reopen the citezen management panel to fix it.

The side research panel is gone! Awesome! Thanks!!

I would need your lua.log to investigate (instructions in opening post)

it can if there are bugs with either mod xml coding or UI xml parsing

Cheers

Sure thing, lua.txt attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    126.6 KB · Views: 69
three weird glitches:
  • The city banners for all surrounding (even unmet) players appears ABOVE the fog of war. Kind of takes the surprise element out.
  • The city banner for my cities is incorrect - the icon for what is being built remains that for the worker, and is not even properly placed inside the city banner - also it doesn't change/update depending on what I am constructing.
  • The tooltips do not load at all - neither simple nor detailed.
lua.txt attached
Your lua.log shows incompatibilities with "(BNW) Leugi's Israel Civilization (v 7)" (CityBannerManager), and with "Cultural Diffusion (v 18)" (CultureUIFunctions.lua, in function 'UpdatePlotHelptext')

When save games which require mods are loaded, these are automatically activated even if you have not checked them (although that process is reported to have bugs)

Cheers

Your lua.log shows incompatibilities with "(BNW) Leugi's Israel Civilization (v 7)" (CityBannerManager), and with "Cultural Diffusion (v 18)" (CultureUIFunctions.lua, in function 'UpdatePlotHelptext')

When save games which require mods are loaded, these are automatically activated even if you have not checked them (although that process is reported to have bugs)

Cheers

Well then. Sigh. Alas, I cannot do without either mod. I deleted the city banner folder and tool tip folder, but the tool tips still did not display correctly - nothing happened on hover, and the menu still showed options for the EUI tooltips. Any way around that?

Is it just me or are all tiles showing food icons instead of e.g. production or gold icons in the city view using newest release?

\Skodkim

Well then. Sigh. Alas, I cannot do without either mod. I deleted the city banner folder and tool tip folder, but the tool tips still did not display correctly - nothing happened on hover, and the menu still showed options for the EUI tooltips. Any way around that?
you need to remove the parts that conflict
Is it just me or are all tiles showing food icons instead of e.g. production or gold icons in the city view using newest release?
Likely to be a mod conflict...

Same here with food icons. The latest release dont work with my mods, but the older does. Unmodded game is Ok.

EUI Version 1.23 (October 19th 2014) is now available

This *IS* the best news i've heard in weeks!
Getting out of Beta "shape" is exactly what i need to inspect a few small things for tricky customization of specific stuff. But Z-Eras+Center project is going to grab some of my time soon also! Nutty really is an amazing coder.

Congrats on the splendid code and if you ever need to return to some "other" features or feel extra icons & graphics assets would be required - just ask and i'll still do my best to share Art results.

Enjoy Beyond Earth and let's hope together that it is much more stable than the initial Civ5 version.
Personally, such Sci-Fi gameplay context looks very promising and should be fun to experience.

;)

if you ever need to return to some "other" features or feel extra icons & graphics assets would be required - just ask and i'll still do my best to share Art results
Thanks! Very likely if I decide to adapt EUI to Beyond Earth...
Where can you look how many techs a civ has? (without EUI)
Press diplo button to access Diplo list (not available and replaced by civ ribbon in EUI), mouse over score, divide tech score by 4

Cheers

Got this bug since 1.23

Any help ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 262
Got this bug since 1.23
The lua.log provided by Hawawaa shows this problem is due to an error triggered in Community Patch Project file "YieldIconManager.lua" lines 59 & 61: a failed game database access to new fields added by this mod.
EUI does not modifiy the YieldIconManager, does not modify the game database (it cannot), and the lua.log shows that its modules are executed after the Community Patch error first occurs.
So the mechanism by which EUI would contribute to this problem is difficult to imagine...

Cheers

Top Bottom