Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

The mouse-over results for production does not show correctly for projects like World Fair and International Games.
Frequent without the mod. Often going in and out of the city screen and mousing over the production (both in and out of the city screen) will eventually force the display to refresh and "fix" the issue till next turn :rolleyes:

There is a bug in the latest version displaying resources. You notice it when you try to trade with a civ and the trade processes, but you dont have any extra gold. It fails to display tradeable resources for some civs on the notificationpanel and when you go to trade with that civ, some resources have +1 quantity then they should due to an extra call to g_deal:IsPossibleTradeItem(...).

Here is the fix with the diff:

Code:
@@ -1366,43 +1366,40 @@ local function UpdateCivListNow()
instance.Gold:SetText()
end
- --Display all lux even if 1 copy
- local minKeepLuxuries = 0
- -- Is reasonable trade possible ?
- if player:GetMajorCivApproach( g_activePlayerID ) >= MajorCivApproachTypes.MAJOR_CIV_APPROACH_GUARDED then
- -- Luxuries available from them
+ --Is reasonable trade possible ?
+ --if player:GetMajorCivApproach( g_activePlayerID ) >= MajorCivApproachTypes.MAJOR_CIV_APPROACH_GUARDED then
for resource in GameInfo.Resources() do
-	local resourceID = resource.ID
-	if Game.GetResourceUsageType( resourceID ) == ResourceUsageTypes.RESOURCEUSAGE_LUXURY
-	and (not bnw_mode or player:GetHappinessFromLuxury( resourceID ) > 0) -- it's a luxury that has'nt been banned
-	and player:GetNumResourceAvailable( resourceID, false ) > 1 -- single resources are too expensive
-	and g_deal:IsPossibleToTradeItem(playerID, g_activePlayerID, TradeableItems.TRADE_ITEM_RESOURCES, resourceID, 1) -- 1 here is 1 quantity of the Resource, which is the minimum possible
-	then
-	table.insert( theirTradeItems, resource.IconString )
-	    minKeepLuxuries = 0	-- if they have luxes to trade, we can trade even our last one
-	    end
-	end
-
-	if gold > 0 or goldRate > 0 or minKeepLuxuries == 0 then
-	-- Resources available from us
-	for resource in GameInfo.Resources() do
-	local resourceID = resource.ID
-	local usage = Game.GetResourceUsageType( resourceID )
-	if g_activePlayer:GetNumResourceAvailable( resourceID, true ) > minKeepLuxuries
-	and g_deal:IsPossibleToTradeItem( g_activePlayerID, playerID, TradeableItems.TRADE_ITEM_RESOURCES, resourceID, 1 )
-	then
-	if ( usage == ResourceUsageTypes.RESOURCEUSAGE_LUXURY
-	and (not bnw_mode or g_activePlayer:GetHappinessFromLuxury( resourceID ) > 0) ) -- it's a luxury that has'nt been banned
-	or ( usage == ResourceUsageTypes.RESOURCEUSAGE_STRATEGIC
-	and player:GetCurrentEra() < (GameInfoTypes[ resource.AIStopTradingEra ] or math.huge)
-	and player:GetNumResourceAvailable( resourceID, true ) <= player:GetNumCities() )
-	then
-	table.insert( ourTradeItems, resource.IconString )
-	end
-	end
-	end
-	end
- end
+      local resourceID = resource.ID;
+      local usage = Game.GetResourceUsageType( resourceID )
+
+      if player:GetNumResourceAvailable( resourceID, true ) > 1 and player:GetNumResourceAvailable( resourceID, false ) > 0 then
+        if usage == ResourceUsageTypes.RESOURCEUSAGE_LUXURY then
+          if (not bnw_mode or player:GetHappinessFromLuxury( resourceID ) > 0) then
+            if g_deal:IsPossibleToTradeItem(playerID, g_activePlayerID, TradeableItems.TRADE_ITEM_RESOURCES, resourceID, 1) then
+              table.insert( theirTradeItems, resource.IconString )
+            end
+           end
+         end
+      end
+      if g_activePlayer:GetNumResourceAvailable( resourceID, false ) > 0 then
+        if usage == ResourceUsageTypes.RESOURCEUSAGE_LUXURY
+        and player:GetNumResourceAvailable( resourceID, true ) <= 0
+        and (not bnw_mode or g_activePlayer:GetHappinessFromLuxury( resourceID ) > 0)
+        and g_deal:IsPossibleToTradeItem(g_activePlayerID, playerID, TradeableItems.TRADE_ITEM_RESOURCES, resourceID, 1)
+        then
+          table.insert( ourTradeItems, resource.IconString )
+        end
+        if usage == ResourceUsageTypes.RESOURCEUSAGE_STRATEGIC
+        and g_activePlayer:GetNumResourceAvailable( resourceID, false ) > 0
+        and player:GetCurrentEra() < (GameInfoTypes[resource.AIStopTradingEra] or math.huge)
+        and g_deal:IsPossibleToTradeItem(g_activePlayerID, playerID, TradeableItems.TRADE_ITEM_RESOURCES, resourceID, 1)
+         and player:GetNumResourceAvailable(resourceID, true) <= player:GetNumCities()
+         then
+           table.insert( ourTradeItems, resource.IconString )
+         end
+       end
+     end
+ --end
end
instance.TheirTradeItems:SetText( table.concat( theirTradeItems ) )
instance.OurTradeItems:SetText( table.concat( ourTradeItems ) )

Hi bc1,

still enjoying your work and still having countless ideas/requests to make it even more awesome. :D

After modding the Pantheons I noticed the game still shows the old canned descriptions. Any plans to implement (like you did with buildings and units) the reading and presenting of actual game values in other areas?

thanks for your hard work to improve our game enjoyment!

This is a very important issue...

This mod is awesome but the removal of the tile information is terrible...

please fix it...

have you tried changing the delay for mouse over popups in game options?
For me this still works and shows even possible future yield changes ..

Frequent without the mod. Often going in and out of the city screen and mousing over the production (both in and out of the city screen) will eventually force the display to refresh and "fix" the issue till next turn :rolleyes:

I can reliable 'fix' it by moving (outside the city) the mouse between the worldfair production icon and the city name (waiting for the popup) a few times.

have you tried changing the delay for mouse over popups in game options?
For me this still works and shows even possible future yield changes ..

:goodjob:Thank you very much... now this mod is really perfect.
for some reason i had the map info showing after 1 sec. but the tooltip info showing after 5 sec. (that's why i thought they never showed up)...:D

How do I disable the unit panel and have the base unit movement buttons on the left side like in base UI while retaining the ability to rename units? I highly dislike how the info is displayed now.

How do I disable the unit panel and have the base unit movement buttons on the left side like in base UI while retaining the ability to rename units? I highly dislike how the info is displayed now.

You can toggle what units are visible on it by the arrow button, and hide it all.

You can't actually disable the Unit Panel.

1.25d includes a few minor bug fixes

Cheers
Hey guys,
I have an error with the NotificationPanel.lua which is shown in the lua.log file:
Code:
[1632.453] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua:1037: attempt to call method 'GetScoreFromReligion' (a nil value)
[1633.375] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\NotificationPanel\NotificationPanel.lua:1037: attempt to call method 'GetScoreFromReligion' (a nil value)
fixed in 1.25d
There is a bug in the latest version displaying resources. You notice it when you try to trade with a civ and the trade processes, but you dont have any extra gold. It fails to display tradeable resources for some civs on the notificationpanel and when you go to trade with that civ, some resources have +1 quantity then they should due to an extra call to g_deal:IsPossibleTradeItem(...).
Here is the fix with the diff:
you are suggesting a functional change which I won't make - design is that trade hint is provided only for advantageous trades (for details use mouse over)
however there was another small bug which is fixed in 1.25d
After modding the Pantheons I noticed the game still shows the old canned descriptions. Any plans to implement (like you did with buildings and units) the reading and presenting of actual game values in other areas?
sorry, no plans
Hi bc1, is there any chance you'd feel like adding compatibility with Health & Plague?
sorry, no

Hi Bc1

I noticed in the city view that I don't see any tile yield icons further than three tiles from the city center. This clashes with Whowards "City Working Distance" mod which allows a city which had built the Hanging Gardens to work on extra ring of tiles. Any chance this could be changed?

\Skodkim

You can toggle what units are visible on it by the arrow button, and hide it all.

You can't actually disable the Unit Panel.

This is a huge oversight in this mod. It looks ugly, I do not care for it since it doesn't provide me with any knowledge I need to see at all times. Now I would have to manually in each and every game disable ALL the units not to show up and still the unit action center is not on the side and shows everything, making the game look even more cluttered. Is there a way to revert to the latest version without unit panel?

This is a huge oversight in this mod. It looks ugly, I do not care for it since it doesn't provide me with any knowledge I need to see at all times. Now I would have to manually in each and every game disable ALL the units not to show up and still the unit action center is not on the side and shows everything, making the game look even more cluttered. Is there a way to revert to the latest version without unit panel?

Let me get this straight. What are you trying to to disable? the Unit Ribbons (list of all units in your empire) or the Unit Panel (which shows the unit you have selected, their remaining moves, combat strength etc?)

Was there ever a workaround found for people who could not click on the diplomacy tab?

Bump? I find I am unable to pull up the diplomacy tab or check on who is warring who, who'se allied or who I'm trading resources to. No diplomacy at all.

Bump? I find I am unable to pull up the diplomacy tab or check on who is warring who, who'se allied or who I'm trading resources to. No diplomacy at all.

There should be a button for Diplomatic Overview, otherwise, just hover over the civilization ribbons, usually tells you that info.

On the top right string of icons, the second from the left (the world-shaped one that tells you how many turns are left until a World Council vote), brings up the Diplo Screen.

What I meant, was that clicking the diplo icon button doesn't pop up the diplo screen for me.

1.25d includes a few minor bug fixes
you are suggesting a functional change which I won't make - design is that trade hint is provided only for advantageous trades (for details use mouse over)
however there was another small bug which is fixed in 1.25d

Um no. Dling the new ver now to check but your 1.25c change to the notificationpanel.lua tradable item display logic broke the old behavior. It would occasionally show items that you already traded to that civ as still tradeable to them.

Ex: You have 3 pearls, it shows Ghandi wants a pearl. You give him 1 pearl.
You have 2 pearls. Your next turn starts, it shows Ghandi wants pearl, he already has a pearl trade from you.

Top Bottom