Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I hope this thread is still active

My question is if the usermod interface mod allows or disallows me to know what a tile specifically is. Meaning is that tile a forest, hill, plains. I cant see these notification when my mouse hovers over a tile.

..My question is if the usermod interface mod allows or disallows me to know what a tile specifically is. Meaning is that tile a forest, hill, plains. I cant see these notification when my mouse hovers over a tile.

in game option you can adjust the time for the mouse over tooltip to kick in. Then hovering over the map gives you ALL the information you could ever want. ;)

in game option you can adjust the time for the mouse over tooltip to kick in. Then hovering over the map gives you ALL the information you could ever want. ;)

So true. I used to struggle with which improvement to place on a river hill, or whether to chop a forest, until this EUI beautifully laid out every conceivable path I could follow :)

I came here to ask why my yield icons are suddenly all displayed as food regardless of whether they're food, production or gold but I just discovered that it's the WHoward DLL. That's unfortunate, but I can't give this one up. Whenever another mod gets into a conflict with this one, I'll always pick the EUI :goodjob:.

Edit: According to an earlier discussion, I just need to delete the YieldIconManager icons from the DLL. I'll try that tonight.

So true. I used to struggle with which improvement to place on a river hill, or whether to chop a forest, until this EUI beautifully laid out every conceivable path I could follow :)

I came here to ask why my yield icons are suddenly all displayed as food regardless of whether they're food, production or gold but I just discovered that it's the WHoward DLL. That's unfortunate, but I can't give this one up. Whenever another mod gets into a conflict with this one, I'll always pick the EUI :goodjob:.

Edit: According to an earlier discussion, I just need to delete the YieldIconManager icons from the DLL. I'll try that tonight.

Yes, that totally worked for me and it had no negative effect on my saved games. If all your production and gold icons are being displayed as food and you have WHoward's DLL file installed, just delete the YieldIconManagers in the folder C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)\UI\InGame.

I'm having issues getting EUI installed in windows 8 since the C:\steam directory doesn't exist.

Can you show me how to make EUI compatible with SuperPower Complete Edition(v5.0). It seems like every time I delete the right .lua's it doesn't work. And if it's not compatible with EUI can you show me how to delete EUI. I really want to play it with EUI but if that's not possible I'll just have to give up on it.

bc1, long time no see!

A quick request if you wouldn't mind...
Somebody asked me to provide support for my new ZN-EraPopups mod straight from your DiploCorner Icons stack. It currently is accessible via the "Generic" function... but i guess that person would prefer a custom slot for it.

Thus... i'm joining the necessary "DC45_EraPopups.DDS" file in the zip below while the NotificationPanel LUA+XML codes would need to be adapted by you.
Please?

Attachments

• DC45_EraPopups.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 124
Hi... I'm not able to use more than 1 additional mods with EUI?! I started a new game with different mods and EUI and everything seems fine, the mods are running. After loading the first savegame, there is only one mod running. But why? EUI ist correctly installed. I use on my Windows 8 machine all DLC's of Civ5 over steam. The mods are: Faster Aircraft Animation, InfoAddict, Great People Info, Greatest Cities, RED Modpack, UI-City Happiness, UI-Grat Work Manager, UI-Trade Opportunities, UI-Wonder Planner, Worldcongress Projects and Wonder Race. Please help...

Did you load the game directly, without going through the Mods menu first? If so, I believe it will only load the mods that altered the gameplay - things like InfoAddict which don't alter save games won't automatically be reloaded. This is not particular to EUI - the base game acts like this too.

However, the game will remember the last set of mods you selected, so if you select Mods at the main menu you can simply click next and it will load all of those mods you had enabled, and you can then reload your game with them all active.

bc1, long time no see!

A quick request if you wouldn't mind...
Somebody asked me to provide support for my new ZN-EraPopups mod straight from your DiploCorner Icons stack. It currently is accessible via the "Generic" function... but i guess that person would prefer a custom slot for it.

Thus... i'm joining the necessary "DC45_EraPopups.DDS" file in the zip below while the NotificationPanel LUA+XML codes would need to be adapted by you.
Please?
EUI is already designed to allow mods to put up their own icons in EUI's diplo corner icons stack in a way which is also compatible with the standard drop down menu (without EUI): all you have to do is add an "art" entry with the name of the mod's icon file, to the table registered by the mod for the standard drop down list. For example Sukritact's Events and Decisions makes use of this EUI feature with the following code:
Code:
function OnAdditionalInformationDropdownGatherEntries(additionalEntries)
    table.insert(additionalEntries,
    {
    text = Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_ENACT_DECISIONS"),
[B][COLOR="Red"]    art = "DC45_EnactDecision.dds",
[/COLOR][/B]    call = OnEnactDecisionsPopup
    }
    )
end
LuaEvents.AdditionalInformationDropdownGatherEntries.Add(OnAdditionalInformationDropdownGatherEntries)
BTW, would you mind making a Civ5-look redesign of Civ BE's top panel help and menu buttons ? That would look cool in EUI...

Cheers

Call me dumb enough in LUA handling... but which file exactly do i need to adapt with the "art=???" stuff along with corresponding "TXT_KEY_???" if necessary? New insert? Overwrite existing function?

I suppose that would be something like; Expansion2/UI/InGame/WorldView/DiploCorner.lua... Right?
Cuz, my file seems to be coded differently with its header being -- function RefreshAdditionalInformationEntries() and many other obvious variations.

PS; Oooooppppsss - i now realize that you most probably meant that OUR own ZN-EraPopups LUA code should be providing this feature internally. In that case, that's another task for Nutty -- eventually!

BE_Style -- to -- Civ5 specific Menu & Top Panel "assets" conversion? Sure -- you'd just have to give me some quick snapshot(s) of what exactly you'd want to replace (as sort of From-To reference set of two images)... and i'll get right on it.
I *DO* have Beyond-Earth which should allow the creation of such custom things to be relatively simple.

which file exactly do i need to adapt with the "art=???"
in your project's newerapopup.lua file, add the following line:
Code:
function OnAdditionalInformationDropdownGatherEntries(additionalEntries)
	table.insert(additionalEntries, {
[B][COLOR="Red"]		art="DC45_EraPopups.dds",[/COLOR][/B]
		text=Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_ERAS_CENTER_DIPLO_CORNER_HOOK"),
		call=OnEraRightClick
	});
end
LuaEvents.AdditionalInformationDropdownGatherEntries.Add(OnAdditionalInformationDropdownGatherEntries);
Add the "DC45_EraPopups.dds" icon file to your project, set to VFS=true, and Rebuild

BE_Style -- to -- Civ5 specific Menu & Top Panel "assets" conversion? Sure -- you'd just have to give me some quick snapshot(s) of what exactly you'd want to replace (as sort of From-To reference set of two images)... and i'll get right on it. I *DO* have Beyond-Earth which should allow the creation of such custom things to be relatively simple.
I would like to replace the ugly "HELP" and "MENU" in the upper right corner with their graphic button replacements from CivBE (MenuButton.dds and HelpButton.dds), except graphically modified with the Civ5 look

Cheers

Gotcha! It really is much easier than i first thought... all i needed to find was that newerapopup.lua file and just look for that exact function -- Done!

Another easy thing to do -- some CivBE basic DDS files "adapted" to Civ5 general graphic concept. I'll return right here once i have these new files for you.
Thanks.

PS; There you go. That was real easy, and fast! Both Zipped below as i kept the BE formatting principle of 28x84 (with three items, top being a bit darker than the others)

Attachments

• EUI-New_HelpMenuButtons.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 140
  • EUI_HelpButton.png
    EUI_HelpButton.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,353
  • EUI_MenuButton.png
    EUI_MenuButton.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,387
First things first: Thanks. This mod/DLC is amazing and improves the game on so many levels. Firaxis should hire you. This UI makes so much more sence than the vanilla UI.

I have only one little issue, hence I registered here to make this request:

When buying new tiles the gold amount of tiles that are too expensive are red. And I think it looks... well, I don't like it. And I don't know where to look for it in the files. Even if I did... lol coding... :D

Do you think it would be possible to (tell me how to) change the text color to grey?

Or to keep the original text color, but grey out the golden coin. Again, I have no idea where, or how. Anything would be appreciated.

Well... it's minor issue, so... no rush :)

Just installed the UI, it's pretty awesome. However I noticed that I have no espione icon in the top right:

http://i.imgur.com/7ADTbxV.jpg

Playing G+K/BNW. Is is my resolution (1280x1024) somehow messing it up? I've also seen a graph icon in the top right in some gameplay videos with the UI, is that infoaddict or am I also missing that?

Help much appreciated.

Just installed the UI, it's pretty awesome. However I noticed that I have no espione icon in the top right:

http://i.imgur.com/7ADTbxV.jpg

Playing G+K/BNW. Is is my resolution (1280x1024) somehow messing it up? I've also seen a graph icon in the top right in some gameplay videos with the UI, is that infoaddict or am I also missing that?

Help much appreciated.

Maybe reach the point when you have spies ? This is when someone reaches renaissance, your screeshot is at 1320BC

Top Bottom