Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hello- I have a very simple question to ask regarding the Interface. All the unit icons on the left of the screen are starting to get a little annoying, and i'v been using this mod for the better part of the last 4 months. I was wondering if there is anyway to disable those icons. If not, then i really think you guy's should add the option to, and possibly other options for other features of the interface.

Options>Game Options>Uncheck Unit/city List

Awesome mod. Very informative and goodlooking. I have a few questions though.

1. In the city screen every yield (hammers, faith etc.) are displayed as food (apples). What could cause that? How to fix? It's quite confusing.

2. In vanilla I didn't like when tooltip followed my mouse all the time, so I made the timer 10sec. Here I can do the same, however, it gets stuck on the screen. What I mean is if my cursor is in one place long enough for tooltip to appear, it will often be stuck with info of that tile wherever I move it, not disappearing until end turn.
- Related to that what exactly are the effects of disabling / enabling "basic info tooltip" with this mod?

Hello- I have a very simple question to ask regarding the Interface. All the unit icons on the left of the screen are starting to get a little annoying, and i'v been using this mod for the better part of the last 4 months. I was wondering if there is anyway to disable those icons. If not, then i really think you guy's should add the option to, and possibly other options for other features of the interface.

Yep, you can rename the UI_bc1\UnitPanel folder (e.g. UI_bc1\_UnitPanel) and that will turn off just that feature.

1. In the city screen every yield (hammers, faith etc.) are displayed as food (apples). What could cause that? How to fix? It's quite confusing.

Maybe it has something to do with that:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13798859&postcount=1660 ?
Anyway, you have to write which mods/gameversion you use, because only with EUI there should be no bug like this.

- Related to that what exactly are the effects of disabling / enabling "basic info tooltip" with this mod?
Just try it out ;) start your game in a late era, select a worker and hover over a tile (maybe also make a screenshot). Then disable it and do this again ;)

Yep, you can rename the UI_bc1\UnitPanel folder (e.g. UI_bc1\_UnitPanel) and that will turn off just that feature.
better disable it in the options, like TheChaserG wrote :D

Oh, I see why: It's a new feature from the May 3rd version and I haven't updated yet. Carry on!

2. In vanilla I didn't like when tooltip followed my mouse all the time, so I made the timer 10sec. Here I can do the same, however, it gets stuck on the screen. What I mean is if my cursor is in one place long enough for tooltip to appear, it will often be stuck with info of that tile wherever I move it, not disappearing until end turn.

I used to have both of these issues. This solution solved the 1st problems and possibly the 2nd one as well:

If all your production and gold icons are being displayed as food and you have WHoward's DLL file installed, just delete the YieldIconManagers in the folder C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)\UI\InGame.

Ok Serp & grmagne, so it is CM causing that (assuming WHoward's DLL is actually incorporated into CP or / and same thing)?

Thanks, I'll try that.

EDIT: Serp, about disabling / enabling "basic info tooltip", it's not that I didn't try, I did, just didn't notice any difference :) I know well the difference in vanilla, but it seems to do nothing with EUI.

Ok Serp & grmagne, so it is CM causing that (assuming WHoward's DLL is actually incorporated into CP or / and same thing)?

Thanks, I'll try that.

EDIT: Serp, about disabling / enabling "basic info tooltip", it's not that I didn't try, I did, just didn't notice any difference :) I know well the difference in vanilla, but it seems to do nothing with EUI.

Asuming you are using CP, CBP and CBP-Compatibility (EUI), You have to delete the LUA folders in CP and CBP. That fixed the issue for me. WHoward's DLL is incorporated into CP.

Don't know if someone else has done this, but this mod works on the new Linux release by renaming all files/folders to their lowercase equivalents and dropping in the DLC directory. Wrote a script to install from the zip at https://gist.github.com/mjkoo/0eb70888b6085b3f65f5 .

Awesome job on the mod!
I created an account just to say thankyou. Thankyou!

PS thankyou for the mod too bc1 :)

I tested it again and found out some differences (My previous presumption was wrong):

screenshots in german..
Gold with more info:
http://www11.pic-upload.de/08.05.15/fgyhwwyy9yfb.png
Gold with less info:
http://www11.pic-upload.de/08.05.15/jd14ylotbn2.png
Tile with more info:
http://www11.pic-upload.de/08.05.15/cg2ais9w2jv.png
Tile with less info:
http://www11.pic-upload.de/08.05.15/mysk47nrjzdt.png

The additional info on gold text is just "With Gold you can buy....."

But I don't know if this is also the case in vanilla... :D

Am i missing something - i saw that some people using this dlc has their research rate shown with decimals untruncated, like 80,61 in the top panel... I know i can get that info by mousing over the research icon, but is it possible to set it up so it's always shown with decimals in top panel ? Or was it just early versions of the dlc?

Screenshot is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13811407&postcount=8

Asuming you are using CP, CBP and CBP-Compatibility (EUI), You have to delete the LUA folders in CP and CBP. That fixed the issue for me. WHoward's DLL is incorporated into CP.

I don't have CBP or CBPEUI compability, just CP. It worked anyhow, deleting those lua and xml files. But now I noticed new problem...

:I

Forests are not there, just their shadow or err... spot or whatever, probably shadow. At least african "set" is affected, European is fine, don't know about the rest. Now what could possibly cause that? No pic, somehow my screenshotting abilities failed me and I'm too tired and sleepy to boot up the game again, sorry :(

My mods anyhow:
EUI
CP - tried disabling (for other reasons, didn't help)
Realistic Unit Resource Consumption
The Slimline Ancient Ruin Tweak
Unique Cultural Influence
Randomize City Names
Historical Religions Complete (BNW or GK)
Krakatoa Fix
Quick Turns
Events And Decisions

Others are maps and map scripts and so can't possibly affect anything (I test run on basic continents).

EDIT: Serp, I naturally played with those when I first tried the EUI and noticed the difference with little text appearing at the end. What I didn't understand was what actual unticking the "no basic tooltip" does, as in both cases nothing changed that, tooltip was still there with that additional info too, only affected by timer. No biggie anyhow. Tooltip is the least of my problems for now.

hallo,

great extension to the UI!
maybe you can also includes WHoward's UI - Condensed Promotions

WHoward's Profile

I have merged it for my personal use.

Maybe this is also interesting for EUI
- update the prereq techs with Unit_TechTypes & Unit.PrereqTech
- added required buildings from Unit_BuildingClassRequireds
- update the prereq techs with Building_TechAndPrereqs & Buildings.PrereqTech

Uhm, is this really how this looks now?

Or is it a bug? Because if it's not, I rather like the older version better, as this is crowded and, well, ugly.

Uhm, is this really how this looks now?

Or is it a bug? Because if it's not, I rather like the older version better, as this is crowded and, well, ugly.

I guess this is really how it looks like.
I like this new look, because it does not cover parts of the screen.

I'd be completely fine with it if it wasn't covering the icon and not crowded. I managed to "fix" it by replacing UnitPanel with the older version, but apparently that's where the new City list is as well. Is there a way to retain the old unitpanel while also having the new city list?

Hey Bc1,

I like the changes to v1.26a so far. Can I make a small suggestion for the next update?

Under the worker actions, you've added the # of turns remaining on top of each tile improvement option the worker can build (which I like). But it looks like this # wasn't included for farms, mines, and trading posts in some cases (see screenshot crops below).

For consistency, it'd be great if you could add the # turns on top of those as well (farms, trading posts, and mines).

~Reed

Hey Bc1,

I like the changes to v1.26a so far. Can I make a small suggestion for the next update?

Under the worker actions, you've added the # of turns remaining on top of each tile improvement option the worker can build (which I like). But it looks like this # wasn't included for farms, mines, and trading posts in some cases (see screenshot crops below).

For consistency, it'd be great if you could add the # turns on top of those as well (farms, trading posts, and mines).

~Reed

I already reported that here in "edit2":
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13790681&postcount=1638
But bc1 said he need a savegame, since on his side everything seems fine.

I decided it is not worth the trouble, if he is not able to see this "bug".

Top Bottom