Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

It's working! Almost...

I added the following to Highlights.xml:
Code:
<style name="WorkedFillRed" type="FilledHex" width ="1" color="255,0,0,50" />
<style name="WorkedOutlineRed" type="SplineBorder" width ="7" texture="hex_contour1.dds" color="255,0,0,164" />

Then I changed the relevant part in CityView.lua to:
Code:
if notInStrategicView then
	if cityPlotIndex == 0 then
		Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedFill")
		Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedOutline")
	elseif city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then
	else
		Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedFillRed")
		Events.SerialEventHexHighlight( hexPos , true, nil, "WorkedOutlineRed")
	end
end

That worked out as intended. Now, whenever I was in city view mode, the city tile was green, locked tiles were green and AI worked tiles were red.

But when I was not in city view mode, but instead on the world map, mousing over the city banner, the colors were the same as before the edits. I guess this has to do with the city banners module, so I edited the CityBannerManager.lua. At line 1322, I made the exact same changes I made to CityView.lua:
Code:
if cityPlotIndex == 0 then
elseif city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then
else
end

Now, when I mouse over the city banner, locked tiles are green and AI worked tiles are red, which is good. BUT the city tile is red instead of green, although I copy pasted the exact code from CityView.lua...

Why does the city tile have different colors in city view and mouse over mode? Where did I make a mistake? I thought "if cityPlotIndex == 0" is used to refer to the city tile. Is that wrong?

It's working! Almost...
That worked out as intended. Now, whenever I was in city view mode, the city tile was green, locked tiles were green and AI worked tiles were red.
So you want in CityView the icon for locked tiles to be red, but the tiles itself are green now? And the AI worked tiles are red? Isn't this confusing? :D

Now, when I mouse over the city banner, locked tiles are green and AI worked tiles are red, which is good. BUT the city tile is red instead of green, although I copy pasted the exact code from CityView.lua...
Why does the city tile have different colors in city view and mouse over mode? Where did I make a mistake? I thought "if cityPlotIndex == 0" is used to refer to the city tile. Is that wrong?

Ah good you found the correct lua for the city banner :) I assume you also did the changes in the clearing system. This is important, because without it, the tile would be red for ever ^^ In CityBannerManager.lua it can be found in line 558 in the function ClearHexHighlights()

The reason why the city plot is red, is because "cityPlotIndex" is just a variable name, that was used in CityView.lua. Obviously it is not used in CityBannerManager.lua (you can set different kinds of variables. some are only used in one specific functions, some are used in the whole file and some are used over all files...cityPlotIndex is the first kind).
That's why the value of it is "nil" in the CityBannerManager.lua, which means basically "nothing". Nil is not the same like 0, so the script won't do the first from your code. It is also not a Working plot. So the cityplot is "else", therefore it gets red.

Better use the IsCity() function. And I think it is better to not use "else" here, since everything "else" would be red then. So to prevent other issues like the one with the city tile, we specify exactly which tile should be red. Also we can combinate the city and forced plots with an "or".
Spoiler :
Code:
if plot:IsCity() or city:IsForcedWorkingPlot( plot ) then
elseif city:IsWorkingPlot( plot ) then
end

I think EUI and Super Power mods are among the best mods for Civ V.
However I was trying to use both at the same time, deleting CityView.lua, CityView.xml, CityView_small.xml and UnitPanel.lua from Super Power Mod but all the yield resource icons are replaced by food icons when I open the city view.

Anyone can help me solving this? thanks ;)

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11 2015-07-13 12-17-13-21.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2015-07-13 12-17-13-21.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 166
I think EUI and Super Power mods are among the best mods for Civ V.
However I was trying to use both at the same time, deleting CityView.lua, CityView.xml, CityView_small.xml and UnitPanel.lua from Super Power Mod but all the yield resource icons are replaced by food icons when I open the city view.

Anyone can help me solving this? thanks ;)
delete the yieldiconmanager files from superpower mod

Has anyone noticed that in the latest version, you cannot delete units or annex puppeted cities?

Has anyone noticed that in the latest version, you cannot delete units or annex puppeted cities?

there were 2 users that also reported this, but no solution yet.
You could try to play with EUI only, so delete every other mods and try it again.
Also see the lua.log if there are some errors.

there were 2 users that also reported this, but no solution yet.
You could try to play with EUI only, so delete every other mods and try it again.
Also see the lua.log if there are some errors.

No mods running whatsoever. Playing same save game on my home computer with an older version of the EUI, and I can perform those functions there.

(I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but) Moving part of the top info icon buttons to the right places them right over the IGE icon's location. Kind of annoying, as it makes both pretty much unreadable. Otherwise, great job on this. ;)

Firstly thanks for this really great (read awesome for USA readers lol), mod. Extremely useful, particularly for me with workers knowing where to send them for the improvements I want the most, helps me greatly, as I don't waste moves with them anymore.

The only issue I have is, the can't delete units bug. Pressing del or clicking the icon does nothing. I took EUI out of the game folder and went back in and it works, so definitely an issue with the latest version of EUI.

I'm using the latest version of EUI, haven't used it before so no previous versions and I have the latest updated version of CIV V with BNW installed. I also have no other mods active.

Thanks again for this great addition to CIV V, easily the best I've used.

I don't have the list of countries/city-states and stats buttons at the the top-right. Also I don't get any info bubbles popping every turn, although I get the sounds (like city growth, wonder's built, etc) either. Hover-over on terrain works fine.
I also have infoaddict and it doesn't show its button on the top right too.

Spoiler screenshot :

using 1.26a with the latest civ BNW in dx9.

UPD: so apparently TreeGrowth v4 completely screws up the interface on the right, turning it off helps. Are there any new trees planting/growing mods?

I have a small request. When hovering over/viewing a city, the tiles you're working are shaded green and the tiles you're not working are shaded orange. Is it possible to make the tiles you're working different colors based on whether the tile is locked or not? Late game playing Tradition, when a new citizen spawns, it sometimes takes me a while to find which tile he's working. If it was like purple instead, it would stand out. It would also help bring attention to the fact that a worker isn't locked in case you accidentally click off of a growth notification.

I have a small request. When hovering over/viewing a city, the tiles you're working are shaded green and the tiles you're not working are shaded orange. Is it possible to make the tiles you're working different colors based on whether the tile is locked or not? Late game playing Tradition, when a new citizen spawns, it sometimes takes me a while to find which tile he's working. If it was like purple instead, it would stand out. It would also help bring attention to the fact that a worker isn't locked in case you accidentally click off of a growth notification.
just a few days ago I wrote a small "guide" how to change colours,, see this and the following posts:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13894571#post13894571

just a few days ago I wrote a small "guide" how to change colours,, see this and the following posts:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13894571#post13894571

So sorry! What are the chances I could ask just after it was fielded? :crazyeye:

Thanks for your explanation. Luckily, I have light coding background, so I found it easy to make heads and tails of it all. However, this is one last thing I couldn't figure out how to address. Maybe there isn't a way? This is exactly what I was shooting for:
Spoiler :

However, when I exit city view and hover over the city, it looks like this:
Spoiler :

My main goal was to make managing citizens faster and easier. To that end, mission accomplished. However, when I thought to ask, it occurred to me how this change would also make it easy to spot when I forgot to lock in a citizen tile. How easy would it be to make that purple hex still appear when not in city overview?

Either way, thanks so much for your efforts here :)

My main goal was to make managing citizens faster and easier. To that end, mission accomplished. However, when I thought to ask, it occurred to me how this change would also make it easy to spot when I forgot to lock in a citizen tile. How easy would it be to make that purple hex still appear when not in city overview?
Either way, thanks so much for your efforts here :)
Quappas also changed this, the lua to change is CityBannerManager.lua

He ask about it in this post and my answer is in the following post, how to do it correctly ;)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13897040#post13897040

Hello again!

I have another question:
Is it possible to deactivate the following single feature of the notification panel? I would like the notifications not to be bundled, to make sure I do not miss any notifications.
Notifications are bundled by type: this means each notification icon may correspond to several notifications, and you need to left click to cycle through bundled notifications to see each one. Left click on a notification icon may also jump to the appropriate location on the map, this location corresponds to the next cycled notification. Right click on a notification icon dismisses all of the notifications bundled with the icon.
I could not really figure out how to do it and i guess it is a bit complicated, but I thought I might ask anyways.
EDIT: Can I just delete the notification panel files? Or will this deactivate/break other features? I am not at home, so I can't try it out myself at the moment...

He ask about it in this post and my answer is in the following post, how to do it correctly ;)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13897040#post13897040

Got it, thanks! :) I hope you don't mind, I made a 7z file with three files in it and instructions on how to backup/replace those files for those who want the feature I implemented but don't know how to do the coding:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/37ctxc6n9cz4e9p/EUI+unlocked+tile+different+color(2).7z

Readme provided. Refresher for those finding this post in isolation, this 7z will alter EUI 1.26 to provide the following effects of coloring unlocked citizens differently:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Top Bottom