1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced User Interface v1.29a

Civ5 Enhanced User Interface

1. nametaken

nametaken Chieftain

2. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Speaking of the leader head screen, I was curious that the Trade button was placed left of center. I would think having it be the rightmost button would be the most user friendly and having the declare war button all the way to the left. How easy would it be for me to make this change myself?

3. bc1

bc1

Easy, it's only XML (LeaderHead.XML)

4. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Annexed nation cities look like this:

It shows both the nation and the capital of the original owner.
    However, cities captured by city-states get confusing:

This is the city-state (Munich), captured by Bogota and the city of another nation captured by the same city-state. The ally icon overwrites capital (which is an indication of annexed city-state)/original city owner icons. They are shown on "ally-less" cities though.

Attached Files:

5. aeo1us

aeo1us Chieftain

The stuck tooltip bug affects me too. I've turned up my tooltip delays to their maximum and therefore minimize the occurrence of the bug. The problem occurs during the change of a turn. Is there anything I can do besides looking into/posting my Lua.log file?

6. bc1

bc1

lua.log is a minimum requirement to investigate something like this. If you have a really weak PC with low end integrated graphics, you might want to disable EUI's PlotHelp module (see OP).

7. aeo1us

aeo1us Chieftain

I will build up a log file and post it. The PC isn't low end but I appreciate the suggestion and the quick response. I'm almost certain the bug did not occur in previous versions and only started happening in the last year or so. Is there an archive anywhere or can you PM me links/a page where archived versions are located? I'm a developer myself, but never worked with Lua.

Thank you for making the best Civ 5 mod out there.

8. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Switched it about. Thanks.

I don't see the stuck tooltip as an issue. I have my sliders set to .5 seconds. Whenever a tooltip gets stuck, I leave the mouse idle for .5 seconds and it's sorted. Easiest workaround ever.

9. aeo1us

aeo1us Chieftain

That's fine. It doesn't negate the fact that myself and others find them annoying. I don't need tooltips at all and I suspect most users don't after so many years. I'd be satisfied with a workaround that would see tooltips completely disabled.

10. rarely

rarely Chieftain

CityView: automatically closes after production selection if accessed with production selection notification icon
    TechTree: automatically closes after tech selection if accessed with tech selection notification icon

I really dont like these changes where can i put it off?

11. aeo1us

aeo1us Chieftain

I agree with this statement. Can we have an option to disable please? I like to click around and see various paths to plan research. When it immediately closes, I can't compare research paths.

As for the city view auto closing, I often want to queue up different items and with auto closing, I have to go back in and add the 2nd+ item.

12. Azzterix

Azzterix Chieftain

I second this

13. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

14. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Have you tried disabling the PlotHelp module like he just recommended? This achieves exactly what you're asking for, which I don't think is possible without EUI.

15. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

Thanks bc1,

Thanks Dushku for updating your tweak.

16. aeo1us

aeo1us Chieftain

Antiquity sites is a bug in the game without the mod. The leaders issue is because you have access to push a button you normally don't. I've never seen that unit info bug in the bottom corner. Perhaps a Mod conflict?

17. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

But CBP with older version of EUI doesn't allow to talk to leaders during AI turn.
    In the vanilla game?

18. Dushku

Dushku Prince

Instead of clicking on the prompts, you can click on the city or your tech tree. This auto-close is only when you assign by way of the prompt. Clicking on the city is easier than ever before starting with 1.26's city ribbon.

19. bc1

bc1

I found a small typo in PlotHelpManager.lua which might cause this kind of problem, can you test the attached replacement file ?
    Base game feature: there is one notification for each site discovered
    Civiliation's UI stack manager is sometimes a bit flaky, attached is unit panel version without nested stacks, can you test the attached replacement file ?
    it was already possible to talk to AI leaders during their turn from the main game or diplo screens, it's now possible to do so from the leader screen since I found a way to prevent doing so only when they are talking to you (you can't interrupt them, that was the intent)

Disclaimer: I am at the beach without access to civ 5, made the attached changes on my cheap android tablet and they may not work - make sure to backup the original files before testing

20. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

There are 12 sites though. The first 12 are shown with "You have discovered a source of Antiquity Site!" and then goes over them again but with "You have discovered an Antiquity Site"

EDIT:
    1. With the new UnitPanel the action buttons overlap on the stats:
    Spoiler :

2. City and Unit ribbons constantly overlap and readjust due to the unit info box appearing and disappearing:
    Spoiler :

3. Tool Tip level 2 previews the pantheon bonus.
    Spoiler :

This was, in fact, the pantheon I took before, but I didn't get the religion, so it's not possible to get this bonus anymore.

4. Enemy unit icon in the fog of war:
    Spoiler :

5. Can sign a peace treaty with the defeated civ:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuGn10jIcJY