Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hey, just wondering how to get custom highlights to work properly - trying to overwrite highlights.xml by importing into the VFS doesn't seem to work for me (and you can't seem to edit the color of styles with SerialEventHexhighlight). Altho you see to be doing that with EUI? Thanks!

which files control the civilization list in the right side of the screen
ActionInfoPanel, but it was a different file some time ago
Whenever I would try to join a friend's multiplayer game, it would load for a few seconds and then immediately go back to the main menu screen. I can add the file back to get the Lua file if needed as well.
  1. Check you're using the latest EUI version, this is supposed to be fixed :(
  2. If already using latest version, please enable lua logging and post an lua.log after the problem occurs
Hey, just wondering how to get custom highlights to work properly - trying to overwrite highlights.xml by importing into the VFS doesn't seem to work for me (and you can't seem to edit the color of styles with SerialEventHexhighlight). Altho you see to be doing that with EUI? Thanks!
AFAIK mods cannot change highlights.xml, only DLCs

20210604200437_1.jpg
20210604201919_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. I've been a Civ5 (bnw, sp, macos, steam) player for many years now, but only just learned of EUI through watching some YouTube videos. I was excited to try it out. I had a bad experience, though, and wanted look for help here. I've done IT work for a living for 30 years. I'm comfortable working in the command line. I followed the EUI installation instructions. When I fired up Civ5 for the first time after the EUI installation, I found that all my saved games were gone. I do weekly system backups, so I recovered the ones that were older and already complete. But I lost about 5 days of intense game play on my current unfinished game. I'm bummed out about that. I searched all the civ boards I know about for similar reports. Nothing useful came up. Any thoughts on how the saved games got deleted or what I might've done wrong? Thanks in advance for any advice...

Hi. I've been a Civ5 (bnw, sp, macos, steam) player for many years now, but only just learned of EUI through watching some YouTube videos. I was excited to try it out. I had a bad experience, though, and wanted look for help here. I've done IT work for a living for 30 years. I'm comfortable working in the command line. I followed the EUI installation instructions. When I fired up Civ5 for the first time after the EUI installation, I found that all my saved games were gone. I do weekly system backups, so I recovered the ones that were older and already complete. But I lost about 5 days of intense game play on my current unfinished game. I'm bummed out about that. I searched all the civ boards I know about for similar reports. Nothing useful came up. Any thoughts on how the saved games got deleted or what I might've done wrong? Thanks in advance for any advice...
I've been using EUI on Mac and Windows VM via Parallels for years and never seen anything remotely like this. The installation instructions for Mac are not up to date for the latest versions of the OS and the version of Steam for 64 bit. Depending on what version of MacOs you are using, that might be part of the problem. Have a look at the Mac section of the forums. You might get some enlightenment there.

Hey, thanks for responding. I'm using an iMac 27 Mid 2011 with macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra. Okay - a lot more to read in the mac specific forums.

Hey, thanks for responding. I'm using an iMac 27 Mid 2011 with macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra. Okay - a lot more to read in the mac specific forums.

I'm also using a 27in iMac, though a slightly later model. And I'm on Big Sur. But I think the important difference is that the update to Steam for 64 bit resulted in a change in the file paths. Some of the old information about installing mods (not just EUI) does not take account of this. Memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to recall that the location of DLC changed, and it is possible that the location of saved games also changed, though I would need to check on that. I may be wrong on the last point. I remember posting somewhere on these forums about these changes, but as usual I can't remember where.

My iMac is too old for Apple to allow any OS updates beyond High Sierra. It performs just fine, though. It's a shame how Apple forces obsolescence of perfectly good equipment by disallowing OS updates. But that's another topic...

I ran a find command to locate all "*.Civ5Save" files on my computer and found a test save I made yesterday here:

/Users/me/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Saves/single/

Another puzzle... I actually have "Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Sid Meier's Civilization V" enabled in my Steam settings. There are no saves in my Steam Cloud space, though. Maybe my firewall is getting in the way. More to investigate.

Unfortunately, my pre EUI saves are nowhere to be found. Maybe this is a sign I should put civ aside for a while. Heh.

Thank you for continuing to update this wonderful addition to the game.

I have downloaded the latest version and I am getting two icons displaying for the luxury tiles. Also how do I turn off/on the tile yields? I didn't see an option in the settings panel. Thanks.

Here's a copy of the screen I'm seeing.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for continuing too update!

I've run into a problem that occurs every so often when attempting too connect to an internet lobby.
When someone else is hosting, all normal default game versions. I will join the lobby and for me it will have kicked the host and replaced all the slots with AI. However for other players it will just show myself in the lobby not being ready.
Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0727.jpeg

Thank you for continuing to update this wonderful addition to the game.

I have downloaded the latest version and I am getting two icons displaying for the luxury tiles. Also how do I turn off/on the tile yields? I didn't see an option in the settings panel. Thanks.

Here's a copy of the screen I'm seeing.

The yield icons are toggled by pressing the "Y" key. As far as I can remember this is part of the base game, not a modification.

I have a problem with the russian version of the mod, it seems it has broken strings? Anyone else has this problem or will it be fixed?

I love this mod! Thank you! I never used any Civ 5 mods before, but came across this about a year ago and started using it at v1.28g. I fell in love with it right away.

I upgraded to v1.29a when it came out, but found it to be slightly unstable so switched back to v1.28g. I decided to check this site today and discovered a new v1.29h so downloaded and installed it. It appears to be more stable and a good improvement, except for one thing: The "ENACT" messages for election results merged the results for the two proposals into one message, removing the detailed results that show how people voted.

I feel this is a bad change. Keeping the two detailed messages with election results was much better, as you got some idea as to whether or not it's even feasible to try to pass a proposal. Merging other messages such as resource locations was fine as it could reduce many message into one, but election results will only ever have two messages, and both messages carried useful information. Please, please, please revert this back to separate messages.

Thanks again for this super-great mod! It's a definite must-have for Civilization V.

Hey sir, thank you for this amazing mod. I really think it adds a lot of quality to the game. I am having a small issue with the mod however. It is the following:

On the loading screen, before a match or a loaded save starts, normally (Vanilla) you could hover over the 2 special buildings/units of your chosen civilization and see their abilities. With EUI you don't get that information any longer. You get it in the "Set-Up" menu which is amazing and very much needed, but it would be cool to have it back at the loading screen too. If your not playing for a few weeks/months and load into a game, most people will forget these abilities, so it would be much needed to have that "hovering-information" over the special civilization objects back. Please add them back, it's the only thing that keeps me from using this masterfully crafted UI. Thank you in advance for taking it into consideration.

In some Civ 5 multiplayer groups it is forbidden to use interface, showing, that a unit spent all the moves. Is it possible to manually disable this function?

Hello everyone, I downloaded, and was successfully able to run this mod the last time I played this game (two or three years ago)

How do I check which version of the enhanced user interface I'm currently using?

In some Civ 5 multiplayer groups it is forbidden to use interface, showing, that a unit spent all the moves. Is it possible to manually disable this function?

Huh, default game shows your action points as well, such as 2/2 or 0/2

Hello everyone, I downloaded, and was successfully able to run this mod the last time I played this game (two or three years ago)

How do I check which version of the enhanced user interface I'm currently using?

The files you downloaded are in the folder which has a name containing the version of the mod, in my case its the "EUI v1.29h" folder. The Readme.txt also has this information...

Top Bottom