Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi)

Enlightenment Era for Vox Populi (v 4)

Finaly, I made it !
A patch. Not an update, Infixo will do that.

The file bellow is CBOEE_Units.sql
It replaces the old one in \MODS\(8) CBO-EE Compatibility (v 4)
I don't know if it's save game compatible. Let's say it's not
All the issues above are solved except the "Penalty vs. Barbarians" Promo (My personal choose)
All the changes in the file are discribed in the heading

Enjoys
Weeeeeeee! I hope it'd work well for me. Did you also change frigate/SotL's iron requirement? And there was some bumping on melee naval units in 7/27 VP.

Edit: Confirm there are no need SR for frigate/SotL in VP. Though Idk because they are later in EEC.

You right. Iron is not required to build Frigate with VP(7-x)
I didn't play without CBOEE for so long, i didn't notice it.
Now, it seems to me that it is something coming with EE and we should keep it.
More importantly, I don't want to be the one bringing mess on CBOEE development.
So I let Infixo tell us what he's thinking about that.

About the EE SotL. It cannot be compared with the VP SotL. The first one is a powerfull melee with a special ability, the second one is a Unique range unit.
Fortunately, EE SotL require Iron.

VP(7-27) "Increased CS for melee naval units - should increase their threat, and make them more essential to the protection/elimination of ranged naval units."
That's right. The picture bellow shows the situation. It shows also that VP(7-27) + CBOEE v4.2 breaks the linear combat strenght for Caravel, Carrack, Nau, SotL

I updated the patch then !

The file below is CBOEE_Units.sql
It replaces the old one in \MODS\(8) CBO-EE Compatibility (v 4)
All the changes in the file are discribed in the heading

It solves some of the few issues from VP(7-18) and VP(7-27) :

Adventurer get "Treasure Hunter" Promotion
Field Gun get "Naval Target Penalty" Promotion
Galleon get "Can move after Attacking" Promotion and reduce Range from 2 to 1
Caravel : Combat 24 instead 18
Carrack : Combat 30 instead 24
Nau : Combat 30 instead 28
SotL : Combat 40 instead 35

Naval units.jpg

Attachments

• CBO-EE4.2 ARPatch v2.7z
    4.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Regimental System, Mercantlism, Creative Expression and Humanism I believe.

I just had a look in it and you're right. It adjusts the bonus for these 4 policies + text !
Definitely this second patch must be copied to run VP(7-27)

Thx

I think the last thing needed to bring it up to date is adjusting wonder policy requirements, since they got lowered when costs were increased.

@All Guys, I'm still here, but not very active recently, true :(
I see that there were many VP changes that un-balanced CBOEE. I will try to find time to review the situation and incorporate all "hand-made" changes to the mod soon.
Thanks so very much for continuing to work on this. Would you have any interest in expanding this to include compatibilities for Prehistoric Era Reborn and Future Worlds? It would be really cool to play a Vox Populai game from Prehistory through the Enlightenment and to the Future!

Infixo. Is this mod compatible with a pace mod ? I use a mod called Longer Eras Advanced(CBP version).

Hello everybody

I've reviewed changes in recent VP updates (including latest one from 9/7) and hopefully updated CBO-EE. I enclose the newest version here. Before I release it officially I would like you guys to take a look at it. I've not played VP recently and might miss some details.

Also, many thanks for @Asterix Rage and @Aldebaran1997 for making temporary fixes for Units and Policies!

Version 4.3 - updated for VP 9/7
  • Units updated to reflect changes in VP (courtesy of @Asterix Rage)
    • Generally naval units have little more strength
    • Adventurer updated - BaseSightRange=3 and Barbarian Penalty added
    • Galleon as Naval ranged set to 1
    • Removed Iron requirement for naval units before Industrial Era
  • Policies updated to reflect changes in VP (courtesy of @Aldebaran1997)
    • Regimental System, Mercantlism, Creative Expression and Humanism updated for EE buildings
    • Weigh House and Cloth Mill - added BuildingClassYieldModifiers for Policies (same as other gold-related buildings in VP)
  • Uhlan has new VP parameter BaseLandAirDefense=2
  • Field Gun gets indirect fire and naval misfire promotions
  • Bastion and Drydock - CitySupplyModifier increased to 10 (in line with VP for other military buildings)
  • Wonders - decreased by 2 number of policies needed to build (in line with VP updates)

Attachments

• (8) CBO-EE Compatibility (v 4.3).zip
    1 MB · Views: 89
@thothenki VP is a total overhaul of basically everything in Civ5. Making EE compatible with VP in reality meant rewriting all elements of EE. It's not difficult (well, maybe except lua scripts) but extremely time consuming - maximum attention to details is required. I will not be attempting to do this with e.g. Future Worlds - this mod is huge, much bigger than EE.

Hello everybody

I've reviewed changes in recent VP updates (including latest one from 9/7) and hopefully updated CBO-EE. I enclose the newest version here. Before I release it officially I would like you guys to take a look at it. I've not played VP recently and might miss some details.

Also, many thanks for @Asterix Rage and @Aldebaran1997 for making temporary fixes for Units and Policies!

Version 4.3 - updated for VP 9/7
  • Units updated to reflect changes in VP (courtesy of @Asterix Rage)
    • Generally naval units have little more strength
    • Adventurer updated - BaseSightRange=3 and Barbarian Penalty added
    • Galleon as Naval ranged set to 1
    • Removed Iron requirement for naval units before Industrial Era
  • Policies updated to reflect changes in VP (courtesy of @Aldebaran1997)
    • Regimental System, Mercantlism, Creative Expression and Humanism updated for EE buildings
    • Weigh House and Cloth Mill - added BuildingClassYieldModifiers for Policies (same as other gold-related buildings in VP)
  • Uhlan has new VP parameter BaseLandAirDefense=2
  • Field Gun gets indirect fire and naval misfire promotions
  • Bastion and Drydock - CitySupplyModifier increased to 10 (in line with VP for other military buildings)
  • Wonders - decreased by 2 number of policies needed to build (in line with VP updates)
Glad to see you again! Unfortunately, I don't have time to test it out yet, but soon I'll do that. Thank you for doing this! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom