Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi)

Enlightenment Era for Vox Populi (v 4)

I think the policies in the Rationalism/Imperialism/Industry trees warrant a look, as those policy trees have seen quite some change some time ago. In particular I recall seeing the effect that gives the barracks line and forts/citadels science/culture in two different policies, one reflecting base and one VPEE after those were shuffled around.

Hi All

Please find below the updated mod. I will post it oficially tomorrow. I would appreciate if you could give it a quick look to check if nothing is missing, to avoid posting a day later a "hotfix" for some minor issue.

Version 1.2
- Changed: Defensive buildings parameters (Bastion, Arsenal/Ostrog, Military Base) [I concur with @FoxOfWar 's proposition, so Bastion gets +1 range and healing and Arsenal indirect fire and theft block].
- Changed: Adventurer gets "Brute Force" instead of "Barbarian Penalty".
- Changed: Updated buildings for policies Colonialism and Mercantilism.
- Changed: FieldGun : 20/35 (was 17/35), Light Infantry : 24/38 (was 21/35)
- Fixed: Conquistador cost not changed [it is the same unit as in VP, as @HungryForFood noticed].
- Fixed: Obsolete techs and Goody Hut upgrades for several units [courtesy of @adan_eslavo].
- Fixed: Textes for Division of Labor and Distress (Crime previously).

Attachments

• Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi) (v 1.2).zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 235
Hi, is there a way to have JFD's Cultural Diversity compatible with this one? Like, regarding the era splash screens?

I don't know JFD's CD mod.
It's essentially an aesthetic mod (without JFD's other mods) that divides civs according to culture and gives them stuff like unique music and era splash screens. The original EE supported this by having its own Enlightenment era splash screens per culture as well, but I guess its era screens lost compatibility with VP-EE when it steered way its dependency from the original EE mod.

I think its coz I copy-pasted the JFD_FirstRate_Functions.lua from the original to the VP-EE.

I think I found a minor bug with this mod: the Creative Expression tenet of the Freedom ideology isn't giving Galleries the +2 Culture. It works for all other buildings that are mentioned, but not the Gallery (it does give the Gallery the +2 GA points, though).

Edit: another minor bug: the Tavern building displays the new needs incorrectly in its tool tip; it shows the needs increasing for both Distress AND Boredom, when in fact the tool tip should show a decreased need for Culture (Boredom). The Tavern correctly decreases the Culture need, however, so this is just a problem with the tool tip.

Last edited:
I think I found a minor bug with this mod: the Creative Expression tenet of the Freedom ideology isn't giving Galleries the +2 Culture. It works for all other buildings that are mentioned, but not the Gallery (it does give the Gallery the +2 GA points, though).
Edit: another minor bug: the Tavern building displays the new needs incorrectly in its tool tip; it shows the needs increasing for both Distress AND Boredom, when in fact the tool tip should show a decreased need for Culture (Boredom). The Tavern correctly decreases the Culture need, however, so this is just a problem with the tool tip.

How did you determine that Gallery isn't given the +2 culture? The code seems ok:
Code:
INSERT INTO Policy_BuildingClassCultureChanges (PolicyType, BuildingClassType, CultureChange) VALUES 
('POLICY_CREATIVE_EXPRESSION', 'BUILDINGCLASS_EE_GALLERY', 2),

The Tavern text says: "Slightly reduces [ICON_HAPPINESS_3] Boredom but increases [ICON_HAPPINESS_3] Distress". It is correct.

Hm. Are you sure you are using the latest version of VPEE?

@Infixo I'm using version 1.2 of VPEE, I assume it's the latest; you can find all mods I'm using in that game here
The issue seems to be purely cosmetic for both the Tavern and the Gallery.
Spoiler here's what I mean :
Here you see the wrong numbers for the New Need for Culture; once the building is built, however, it actually does reduce Boredom, so it works fine.
Tavern.jpg

Here you see the Gallery building not showing the +2 Culture it should show.
Gallery1.jpg

Here you see how it should look with the Museum, which does show the +2 Culture; this is also the case when you check this in the civilopedia...only the Gallery doesn't show the +2 Culture.
Museum.jpg

Once the Gallery is built, however, it does give the extra Culture and it also shows it in the existing buildings list:
Gallery2.jpg

Oh, well, that explain things.
1. Needs display. This is not from the mod. These are calculations done by the game and shows final values. The building increase or decreases the need, which is just one of parameters used in calculations.
2. Gallery. It is just a way how UI, in this case EUI works. It displays only features from original tables because they are stored in the memory. The table used here is not original, so it is not displayed. Also, to answer future question - if a value is added directly to the Buildings table, then it is loaded into memory and available for display. That is why many VP additions are shown in the tooltip, like Supply Cap or Unhapinness factors.

Tavern: well it's weird, because the needs display works properly for all other buildings, just not this one...but in the end it's just a cosmetic issue since it actually does decrease Boredom counter to what it shows
Gallery: I see; I was just confused because it's inconsistent with the other buildings affected by Creative Expression and I only noticed later that this is purely cosmetic as well and that it does add the Culture once the building is built.

I haven't checked your code lately, but base VP reworked happiness, which greatly lowered the values used on buildings for needs reduction. If you haven't done so already, global needs reduction on wonders is -5 in all cases now, "reduces needs" is now -10, and "Greatly reduces needs" is now -20

Got another small bug: the Menagerie is one of the follow-on buildings of the Zoo and gives +1 Tourism on every Forest or Jungle tile; the issue is that the Zoo building description also states that it gives +1 Tourism for Forest or Jungle, but it doesn't. So either the description is wrong or the yields are missing for some reason.

Top Bottom