Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi)

Enlightenment Era for Vox Populi (v 4)

@HungryForFood Re: Steam Are you 100% sure that even if I make you a co-author of the mod, that you still can't post updates on Steam? If, so that's a real bummer and in that case it would be much easier for you to just post a new version from your account and make me a contributor. I will redirect anyone to a new version then.
Quite sure, all the recent google results are showing that. Knowing Valve's not so good track record for maintaining things, it makes sense.

We could still try it and see.

I could try make something for those 2 next week maybe.
I know you are not only a very good sql/lua expert but also a very good graphist. Many of the building/unit icons you made are simply stunning.

EEVP will be back soon in many mod folders.
:woohoo:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------
v2 (changes from v1.2.4)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Units
- Ship of the Line combat strength reduced to 45 from 50.
- Samurai now correctly upgrades to Two-Handed Swordsman.
- Uhlan combat strength increased to 45 from 40.
- Cossack combat strength increased to 50 from 45.
- Galleon range increased to 2 from 1, now no longer able to move after attacking (similar to Frigate).
- First Rate now obsoletes at Nuclear Fission instead of Dynamite.
- Changed the Corvette's model as it was the same as the Carrack (thanks Asterix Rage).

Promotions
- Flagship promotion now updates every time you move a unit, instead of once per turn (different underlying method).

Buildings
- Gunsmith supply reduced to 1 from 2.

Wonders
- Smithsonian theming bonus increased from 3 culture/tourism/science/gold to 6 culture/tourism/science/gold.
- Versailles bonus to We Love The King Day duration now properly shows in the UI (different underlying method).
- Fasil Ghebbi combat bonus now checked whenever a unit moves rather than once every turn.

Technologies
- Adjusted technology costs to be closer to recent Vox Populi changes.

Policies
- Fixed Galleries gaining +2 Golden Age Points rather than +3 with Freedom's Creative Expressions.
- Policy values should now change automatically when VP changes (changing types of bonuses still require manual updating).
- Tooltips should now pick up simple changes from VP (big changes still require manual updating).

Changelog preview. Pending a new VP hotfix to have a new Lua hook in the game.

Buffed Smithsonian slightly, but do any of the other wonders feel like they need a buff?

Still thinking about the promotions which are on 1 unit only of the unit line.

GitHub repository.

Me please. For the Steam Workshop situation though, some googling tells me that only the original mod author can post updates, but not contributors, and you can't transfer ownership.

Would you be willing to help post updates? I'll send you the civ5mod file, you'll just need to upload.

I could try make something for those 2 next week maybe.

I think you missed some of the posts above you. :crazyeye:

I made a GitHub repo though, you can post pull requests if you want.

@HungryForFood Please let us know when it is ready to test So looking forward to whatever updates your evil mind has in store for us.

I do have suggestions for some quest options for enlightenment era. Each World Religion had something happen around this time. Christianity had the Crusades, Suluman 1 (Islam) had his expansions in the 1500's, if these events or events such as these were added as quests it could really add something to the game religion wise that's not really there.

We could also add in for Archelogy religious artifacts which could provide boosts as well as tourism

Think of what finding the Koran would do for an Islamic state or the Holy Grail and Ark of the Covenant would do for Christianity.

Think also what would happen politically if Islam found Christian artifacts and vice versa

Quickly whipped up one for the Manor, how does it look.

And also the Menagerie.

Last edited:
I’ve sent you a contributor invite.

Oh hey, the option pops up in ModBuddy.

upload_2021-2-12_23-53-40.png

I'll try uploading soon, hopefully it works...

Last edited:
Nope, doesn't work.

upload_2021-2-13_0-8-22.png

Either you have to upload it, or we need to make a new workshop item.

You could try to redirect users, but I'm not sure how many of the subscribers would even read it in the Steam website. I know I wouldn't.

You could try to redirect users, but I'm not sure how many of the subscribers would even read it in the Steam website. I know I wouldn't.
He could post one last update to the mod that makes the mod name red and say "needs update" or something like that. Or make a notification popup on the first turn to tell the player they need to change their subscription.

I'm glad this mod is getting updated, it's really good.

Well since we still need to figure out the workshop situation, and I'm pretty much done with the mod stuff, I'll attach it here. You guys can be the guinea pigs.

Attachments

• Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi) (v 2).civ5mod
    15.4 MB · Views: 239
It's great that you guys are working on this fantastic mod, which I hope that somehow, someday will be incorporated into the main VP!

Well since we still need to figure out the workshop situation, and I'm pretty much done with the mod stuff, I'll attach it here. You guys can be the guinea pigs.

Excellent! I just finished my last game. Is this compatible with Even More Resources and 4UC?

Forgot to mention, needs the latest hotfix.

@HungryForFood Like I said - please start a new workshop item on Steam, and add me as a contributor.
I'll do that after the next VP installer releases. In the meantime, I sent a support ticket to Steam support about the Workshop situation. Not keeping my hopes up, but there's a small chance.

Excellent! I just finished my last game. Is this compatible with Even More Resources and 4UC?
Yes.

In-game with EEVP 2.0

Like all VP siege units, UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN should not have PROMOTION_NAVAL_MISFIRE

Code:
INSERT INTO Unit_FreePromotions (UnitType, PromotionType) VALUES
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_CITY_SIEGE'),
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_COVER_1'),
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_INDIRECT_FIRE'),
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_MUST_SET_UP'),
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_NAVAL_MISFIRE'),
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_NO_DEFENSIVE_BONUSES'),
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_ONLY_DEFENSIVE'),
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_SIEGE_INACCURACY'),
('UNIT_EE_FIELD_GUN', 'PROMOTION_SIGHT_PENALTY');

Top Bottom