Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi)

Enlightenment Era for Vox Populi (v 4)

Will there be any further updates to the social policies tree? I really enjoy this mod, but sadly Industry is just unplayable when compared to the current vox populi version, where it is a viable choice.

Will there be any further updates to the social policies tree? I really enjoy this mod, but sadly Industry is just unplayable when compared to the current vox populi version, where it is a viable choice.
EE does not change anything in social policies....

Well, the Industry social policy tree is different since buildings from EE are included in Mercantilism and Division of Labor. For example, Weigh House is part of Mercantilism as is Bank, Market etc.

Currently, though the numbers seem very different from Vox Populi (+1% science and +2% culture for Mercantilism instead of +3% in vox populi) and even with the extra building, the yields are way worse making these social policies extremely weak (15% extra science with Mercantilism in Vox Populi, but only 6% in EE). I will double-check if the problem isn't with my version of EE, but I used the link from this thread so not sure that is the problem. Of course, it also might be just the in-game descriptions that are wrong.

EE version 1.2.2 -- Weigh House / Mercantilism has 3% science and culture ( as VP).

I tried it for the first time today, I had faith of the masses reformation belief which should allow me to buy culture-producing buildings like amphitheater, opera house, museum, etc... but i could not purchase the newly added gallery from enlightenment era.
I'm not sure how does the coding for this work but if you could point me to the general direction of how to fix this i'd be grateful.

I tried it for the first time today, I had faith of the masses reformation belief which should allow me to buy culture-producing buildings like amphitheater, opera house, museum, etc... but i could not purchase the newly added gallery from enlightenment era.
I'm not sure how does the coding for this work but if you could point me to the general direction of how to fix this i'd be grateful.

copy / paste at the end of EEVP_Buildings.sql file
--=============================================
UPDATE Language_en_US
SET Text = 'May build Amphitheaters, Opera Houses, Gallery, Museums, Broadcast Towers, and Stadiums with [ICON_PEACE] Faith. These buildings produce +2 [ICON_CULTURE] Culture each. Holy City owner gains +1 [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness for every two Cities following this Religion.'
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_BELIEF_UNDERGROUND_SECT';

UPDATE Buildings
SET UnlockedByBelief = '1'
WHERE BuildingClass = 'BUILDINGCLASS_EE_GALLERY';

INSERT INTO Belief_BuildingClassYieldChanges
(BeliefType, BuildingClassType, YieldType, YieldChange)
VALUES
('BELIEF_UNDERGROUND_SECT', 'BUILDINGCLASS_EE_GALLERY', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 2);

INSERT INTO Belief_BuildingClassFaithPurchase
(BeliefType, BuildingClassType)
VALUES
('BELIEF_UNDERGROUND_SECT', 'BUILDINGCLASS_EE_GALLERY');

UPDATE Buildings SET FaithCost = 200 WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_EE_GALLERY';

Oh sorry I checked it today. The mod changes just the description. The yields are different only for the new buildings as you said. Anyway thanks for the quick respone and change! Also Happy New Year!

copy / paste at the end of EEVP_Buildings.sql file
--=============================================
UPDATE Language_en_US
SET Text = 'May build Amphitheaters, Opera Houses, Gallery, Museums, Broadcast Towers, and Stadiums with [ICON_PEACE] Faith. These buildings produce +2 [ICON_CULTURE] Culture each. Holy City owner gains +1 [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness for every two Cities following this Religion.'
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_BELIEF_UNDERGROUND_SECT';

UPDATE Buildings
SET UnlockedByBelief = '1'
WHERE BuildingClass = 'BUILDINGCLASS_EE_GALLERY';

INSERT INTO Belief_BuildingClassYieldChanges
(BeliefType, BuildingClassType, YieldType, YieldChange)
VALUES
('BELIEF_UNDERGROUND_SECT', 'BUILDINGCLASS_EE_GALLERY', 'YIELD_CULTURE', 2);

INSERT INTO Belief_BuildingClassFaithPurchase
(BeliefType, BuildingClassType)
VALUES
('BELIEF_UNDERGROUND_SECT', 'BUILDINGCLASS_EE_GALLERY');

UPDATE Buildings SET FaithCost = 200 WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_EE_GALLERY';
Thank you for your help, i tried editing the code to make one for Jesuit education but it did not seem as trivial as i thought it would be, if you could lend me a hand i would be grateful :)

Belief Jesuit Education is for science line building.
What building do you want to add that can be bought with faith ?

Please, someone knows how change the units scale of this mod? I already changed the base game scale editing artdefines_unitmembers, but I don't find this file in mods with have your own units like this one and VP.

Yes. If you notice anything strange write to @pineappledan. There are dedicated files for VPEE and ENW compatibility.

Given the recent buff to Zoo, perhaps the Zoo/Menagerie split here would warrant a mild buff. IIRC Zoo would get the 400->1000 tourism boost, and Menagerie the bigger yields on forest/jungle, but don't remember outright what the numbers are.

Top Bottom