Enraged guild and national units

Andvare

King
This really bugs me, that a unit that is limited in numbers can be effectively taken away from you, thus reducing the limit, without anything in return. Especially when it concerns guild units. The BTS guild system is annoying enough as it is, without the lower limit that comes when a couple of them goes insane.
Give me a way to counter it (a psychiatrist unit for example), or make it impossible for the limited units to become enraged.

On the guild units, why are the Kingfisher boats not limited in numbers like the rest? (I'd prefer none of them were limited, it's not really doing anything but annoying the player.)

No, they can get loyalty (just checked). I still would prefer if loyalty was permanent then, or have something that removed crazed as well.

I thought that execs were national units to keep the ai from building massive armies of them and just have them sit wasting hammers. This might be possible to relax if the current ai doesn't feel that it needs to field armies with them?

I thought that execs were national units to keep the ai from building massive armies of them and just have them sit wasting hammers. This might be possible to relax if the current ai doesn't feel that it needs to field armies with them?

Aye - this is a big part of the reason, but as we now control some build choices through Python anyway it wouldn't be too hard to intercept there instead.

Oy! loyalty isn't permanent in FF? That should change. Loyalty is a do nothing spell, and micromanagement is not fun.

Agreed.

I will say though that I prefer FF's "valor" promotion to the one in base FfH.

Base FfH Loyalty doesn't help to counter Enrage's AI AutoControl, in FF it does. Permanent immunity to Enrage is too much for a rank 1 spell, but if you have to keep the Adept with the lunatics, then it isn't so bad, because a wandering assassin can cause you to lose control of your units once again. And while Loyalty is applied you gain no benefit from the Enraged promotion as it is completely suspended.

I don't think we have set it up so that Loyalty blocks Domination, but it would be a worthwhile thing to do at some point I imagine.

Base FfH Loyalty doesn't help to counter Enrage's AI AutoControl, in FF it does. Permanent immunity to Enrage is too much for a rank 1 spell,

Enrage isn't that big of a deal, and doesn't happen very often. (which is why it is just be a micromanagement chore) I'd say as a level 1 permanent it wouldn't be that powerful (indeed, still one of the weakest level 1 spells)

It happens a LOT for anyone with choas mana, lunitics, or 90AC. People WERE using loyalty to get the benifits from enrages promo (str, move etc.) with none of the down side.

I believe the existing version of Loyalty arose due to a "what the hell do I do to get Lunatics to enemy front lines so they can be useful" discussion revolving around making some form of "warden" to shuttle them to the front, then back away so they can go ape$%$%.

Also, while Loyalty is very situational, it's a godsend in that situation, and Law II and and Law III are real clear winners.

Could be worse, could be Nature's first TWO spells to make up for the fact that you can fix every bad tile in your empire with Nature III. (Unless your the Scions in which case you do it with Sun I.)

Top Bottom