Enrico Dandolo's leaderscreen speculation

He could be on the boat, he could be in front of the boat, he could be overlooking the boat - there'll be a boat.

Everybody look at me because I'm sailing on a boat

As someone who's been around blind people for a large part of his life, it's not that hard to show that someone's blind without them looking the wrong way (which would be ridiculous, they still have ears) - blind people often develop minor tics like nodding their head or move in other slightly "off" ways (think Ray Charles). This wouldn't be hard to combine with some crochety old man movements as well - and elderly, blind, crusading Dandalo is definitely the most interesting age for him to be portrayed, imo.

I kind of like the idea of him playing out the blind man looking the wrong way stereotype but with a -eating grin that tells you that he knows he is looking the wrong way. It might take a little more nuance than can be managed with the leaderscreens, though.

I kind of like the idea of him playing out the blind man looking the wrong way stereotype but with a -eating grin that tells you that he knows he is looking the wrong way. It might take a little more nuance than can be managed with the leaderscreens, though.

Looking the wrong way on purpose would actually be pretty cool if he didn't like you.

"Oh, where is that insignificant world leader, I can't find that insect... [looks the right way, sort of] Oh, there you are."

Looking the wrong way on purpose would actually be pretty cool if he didn't like you.

"Oh, where is that insignificant world leader, I can't find that insect... [looks the right way, sort of] Oh, there you are."

Made doubly amusing when you realize that, since you don't talk at meetings, he must be identifying your location by your foul odor.

The concept art looks even scarier.

This is one old, blind, 99 year old man (9173917359175 in modern-day age) you don't mess with. I told you all!

Top Bottom