1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[vanilla] Entire world declares war on me no matter what I do

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TimChuma, Mar 11, 2019.

1. TimChuma

TimChuma Chieftain Supporter

Yes, even all the city states.

Playing as the Mongols on a small map with 6 civs and 12 city states.

I get to a certain point of the game and everyone just piles on and I end up as just one city.

The first time I thought it was due to attacking one city state.

The second I didn't attack anyone, I just wanted to stop a civ from blocking my port.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. so_what

so_what Chieftain

Not quite sure about vanilla as I play exclusively bnw. From what I understand, this only happens if you have insufficient military.
    If your military ranking is no. 1, no one will dare to mess with you even if you are a d*ck.

TimChuma likes this.
  3. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Chieftain

I have the same problem when I play the Mongols on Immortal or Deity. People declare war before I've got my Keshik army. But just try to have a city consistently pumping out units and should be good. You can do chariot archers and upgrade later to keshiks with gold. Or if you don't have gold for that, just make a few spearmen and a couple archers.

4. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

That has happened to me in Deity and Inmortal because I wiped out a civilization or being next to civilizations that have different ideologies as mine.

5. leofreddielee

leofreddielee Chieftain

that makes sense

6. TimChuma

TimChuma Chieftain Supporter

I made good use of this and built up a strong military. The entire world did eventually declare war against me but were too scared to fight. I did try to hold out until I had nuclear weapons and used them extensively. Not sure how the other civ still managed to field units from those cities?

In the game I had playing India I had the situation where China was eventually going to declare war and France was the other dominant civ. I waited until they asked me to declare a joint war against China and I had air assets and anti-air. Weak ass China sued for peace as soon as I got within a sniff of their capital. France got a time victory, boo!

7. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Chieftain

Sometimes that worked out for me and sometimes it didnt. I didn't want to continue because ai becomes powerful all of a sudden.