[GS] Entire world just allied and declared war on me with a Betrayal Emergency

Pietato

Platonic Perfection
An emergency session of the World Congress (voting) came up after I attacked Teddy and his stupid music, because he would not renew our cultural alliance and was going to loyalty flip some of my outlying cities (Mali suck with loyalty). It was called a Betrayal Emergency and all the remaining AI players, even my 3 allies, joined it in a massive global war against me. Evidently I betrayed my long-time friend. Their goal was to capture my capital, and they were given stronger bonuses than the normal emergency. I believe it was:

- Full alliance
- Shared vision
- +2 production to trade routes to new allies
- Bonus movement in my terrain
- I received -3 against them.
- Lasted 50 turns.

It was nuts.

Last edited:
An emergency session came up after I attacked Teddy and his stupid music, because he would not renew our cultural alliance and was going to loyalty flip some of my outlying cities (Mali suck with loyalty). It was called a Betrayal Emergency and all the remaining AI players, even my 3 allies, joined it in a massive global war against me. Evidently I betrayed my long-time friend. Their goal was to capture my capital, and they were given stronger bonuses than the normal emergency. I believe it was:

- Full alliance
- Shared vision
- +2 production to trade routes to new allies
- Bonus movement in my terrain
- I received -3 against them.
- Lasted 50 turns.

It was nuts.

In principle i have nothing against emergencies but why the hell should they gain bonus movement & combat? They have a worldwide alliance dammit, they didn't magically get better units.

Yeah, they don't take kindly to betrayal. Had the same when I attacked a former ally. Like it's my fault he didn't build walls by the Renaissance.

'It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls'

It was America. It does not count.
... so you promised to let their troops enter your country,
Then when they came to land their planes and dock their ships.
You asked if they had nukes and they would neither confirm nor deny it.
So you told them they could not enter?
I bet Australia trade embargoed you for it also.
.. oh sorry! I am getting confused with real life

(You can tell now I am a kiwi)

Last edited:
In principle i have nothing against emergencies but why the hell should they gain bonus movement & combat?
Co-ordination, shared logistics, support etc - seems fairly reasonable to me.

You traitor :)
How dare you backstab your friends

Sounds like a fun one.I’ll have to see if I can trigger one just to check it out
I like the emergencies since Gathering Storm

You traitor :)
How dare you backstab your friends

But evil Teddy sold Coca Cola & blue jeans & Pietato's citizens started to think: "Hey, the grass is greener over there"!

How is a benevolent tyrant supposed to react? Of course he should bomb the cities of Teddy to dust :mischief:

(1) there could be a shared intelligence that might result in a combat advantage.
(2) on the other side, coordinating seperate armies is surely more difficult than a combined one.

-> they should get a movement penalty :D

Well, they're all going to be stepping on each other if they actually contribute. Gotta hope that the team that brings the siege units takes their turn after the team that brings the melee units.

Sounds great! If you have the save before they declare on you via betrayal emergency, please provide it. :)

Haha serves you right! (well your own fault for not being in a golden age in the first place... still, with monument, religion and a governor and some cards you could've survived even -20 easily, esp. in the Renaissance where such cards are already available).

I would've buffed the penalty to be stronger (say +2 movement for them, -10 combat strength for you). And make it such that even if the emergency fails, the target gets nothing.

Reminds me of the time where AI used to be such jerks (in Vanilla, Qin declared war on me AFTER I had just rescued and liberated one of his cities from Scythia). Nice to see jerks get some bit of comeuppance. This reminds me of BNW when a certain warmongering AI is declared public enemy #1... the rest of the whole world (all the other 6 AI civs) goes after them.

... so you promised to let their troops enter your country,
Then when they can to land their planes and dock their ships.
You asked if they had nukes and they would neither confirm nor deny it.
So you told them they could not enter?
I bet Australia trade embargoed you for it also.
.. oh sorry! I am getting confused with real life

(You can tell now I am a kiwi)

I thought you are British and with a posh accent

I thought you are British and with a posh accent
I was born a ‘Manky’ but want to Aoteoroa when I was 3. My oldest brother and sister dropped their Manky accent but hated the kiwi one so spoke proper English instead. Here I sound like a Kiwi, there I sound like a cockney... sadly I am now relegated to a walk on part in Mary Poppins while Haig makes me think you are a portly gentleman with a cigar.

I was born a ‘Manky’ but want to Aoteoroa when I was 3. My oldest brother and sister dropped their Manky accent but hated the kiwi one so spoke proper English instead. Here I sound like a Kiwi, there I sound like a cockney... sadly I am now relegated to a walk on part in Mary Poppins while Haig makes me think you are a portly gentleman with a cigar.

No way! I'm a Manc, left, left the country... then returned. I have an unplaceable accent too.

I have no idea what all of this means. But i just ate a kiwi, they are soo tasty.

Top Bottom